Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2013, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Oh cool. So two more films to seek out . . .
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer6 View Post
I haven't seen the sequels either but I want to see them too !
They Call me Mr. Tibbs was extremely disappointing after the masterpiece that is In the Heat of the Night.

They shouldn't have bothered.
Old 4th February 2013, 05:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

some more stuff that's been seen, toolbox murders was awful and had to turn it off after 20 minutes, the fog was a pleasant surprise other times i watched this i could not get into it, granted i was either very young or it was on tv after a late night out on the town, might watch the documentary which is on the disc fear on film inside the fog, it was a very atmospheric and creepy film how did i not enjoy it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0053.jpg (95.0 KB, 6 views)
Old 4th February 2013, 07:01 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

download.jpg

Great film

Katharine Isabelle is so beautiful
trebor8273 likes this.
Old 4th February 2013, 07:05 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

i finally got around to watching my Secret Santa gift the DVD of Fears of the Dark While I found it diverting I am not sure I will be in a hurry to return to it (sorry santa).
Old 4th February 2013, 07:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Ditto the Shaft sequels

Talking of that film, watched Django Unchained last night - thought that was an annoying and unnecessary detail that his wife was called Broomhilda von Shaft . . .
From what I gather, they're supposed to be Shaft's great grandparents or something? WRITTEN is an oddball!
Old 4th February 2013, 07:39 PM
Cult Addict

Decieded i'm going to watch Hitchock at the cinema on friday. Hear middling things about it but excited none the less.

DVD and BD collection
Old 4th February 2013, 07:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Written? I put QT! Stupid phone.

I was supposed to be seeing Hitchcock tonight, but I'm sick in bed. Booooo.
Old 4th February 2013, 07:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
From what I gather, they're supposed to be Shaft's great grandparents or something?
Yeah I heard that. How lame

Was quite disappointed by the film on the whole. The soundtrack in particualar I found surprisingly poor, and the pacing was terrible! Sam Jackson by far the best of a rather unmemorable cast (by Tarantino standards). Fox was ok, but the Broomhilda character was woefully underdeveloped, and made a damp squib of the whole quest. A major step down from the rip-roaring Inglourious Basterds . . .
Old 4th February 2013, 08:02 PM
Active Cultist

The Naked Kiss - imagine taking a pint of neat vinegar and adding 10 tablespoons of sugar - the queasy feeling it would induce probably feels like watching this movie. You lurch from overloaded sentiment to sexual perversions often in mid scene. There's a bonkers but weirdly haunting children's chorus musical number around the 55 min mark that had me, yet again, thinking never say you've seen everything. What else in this tale of a good girl gone bad and trying to be good again? A heinous brothel Madame luring innocent nurses, Lots of Beethoven, a tailors dummy covered in medals called Charlie - honestly, loads of crazy shit presented crazily. Another gem from Sam Fuller, one I bet John Waters adores
Old 4th February 2013, 08:44 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Yeah I heard that. How lame

Was quite disappointed by the film on the whole. The soundtrack in particualar I found surprisingly poor, and the pacing was terrible! Sam Jackson by far the best of a rather unmemorable cast (by Tarantino standards). Fox was ok, but the Broomhilda character was woefully underdeveloped, and made a damp squib of the whole quest. A major step down from the rip-roaring Inglourious Basterds . . .
I liked the soundtrack apart from the hip-hop tracks, which really pulled me out of the film. I'm not sure if he was aiming at doing a Posse kind of thing, but to me it was really jarring.

Like this? Share it using the links below!