http://www.cult-labs.com/forums/memb...tml#post318839
I really liked Schloß Vogelöd
Old 4th February 2013, 09:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Steve Albini is incredible. The albums he engineers always have an excellent sound.
Yeah, I'm getting the separate tracks from the original recordings from In Utero in a week or so to do my own mix on, I can't wait to tackle them (also gonna have a go at Bohemian Rhapsody and a Bob Marley track too )
PaulD likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th February 2013, 09:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Few recent watches haven't been films, but documentaries all revolving around the creation of albums, trying to get inspired for future projects in the studio

Love how Kirk is always trying to stop James and Lars from being complete assholes

2 hour documentary on the making of Death Magnetic, once again I feel sorry for Kirk as Lars tells him how to play an instrument he can't play himself. If it was me, I'd tell him to **** off back to Denmark

Notice a theme here

Wish they'd do one for In Utero because I wanna know how the Hell they got the drums to sound so Goddamn awesome!

One of my favourite albums

Not a documentary as such, but it does contain fake footage of the creation of Dark Side of the Moon, plus the version of Echoes is phenomenal on this
The only one I've seen is Some Kind of Monster. I'll have to try and watch them all!!! I also Love the drums in In Utero. Grohl is a ****ing madman!!!!
Old 4th February 2013, 10:28 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mixed bunch again.

Black Belt Jones (Robert Clouse, 1974) After having the HK sequel for a while, this was my first time with Mr Kelly's ETD followup. Sold!! If only for the sight of Scatman Crothers kicking ass. May review the sequel in the CLMR thread if thats ok Bruno???

Ahem, have run out of time librarywise, will be back later today ahem.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 4th February 2013, 10:38 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post

Not a documentary as such, but it does contain fake footage of the creation of Dark Side of the Moon, plus the version of Echoes is phenomenal on this
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
The only one I've seen is Some Kind of Monster. I'll have to try and watch them all!!!
A word of warning about this one

Do NOT go into it, expecting songs along the lines of 'Dark Side of the Moon' or 'The Wall'. It is an EARLY recording of the Floyd, so the music is very psychedelic and experimental

*Note to Rik - I have just noticed that this is 'The Directors Cut'. I have not seen this version, I only know the original release, which was regularly shown on television many years ago, and I maintain is a real snooze-fest. How different is your recommendation to that original release?

Personally, I think it is one of the most boring music things I have ever seen - and, although I am a fan of the band, I find a lot of the early material to be very tedious
ArgentoFan1987 likes this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 4th February 2013, 10:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
*Note to Rik - I have just noticed that this is 'The Directors Cut'. I have not seen this version, I only know the original release, which was regularly shown on television many years ago, and I maintain is a real snooze-fest. How different is your recommendation to that original release?

Personally, I think it is one of the most boring music things I have ever seen - and, although I am a fan of the band, I find a lot of the early material to be very tedious
It just contains more of the fake Dark Side of the Moon recording footage really.
I like all this early stuff, before Waters turned into the egotistic prick he is today, but I only really concentrate on Gilmour's playing TBH. I would imagine the earlier records are best experienced under the influence of Amsterdam cigarettes.......apparently
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 4th February 2013, 12:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

What tracks are you getting, Albini raw files or the Scott Litt tweaked ones?

I've got a copy of Albini's original mix, before the vocals and bass were tweaked and the Scott Litt remixes were done, and it's a really interesting listen. It's a big dirty noise rock sound, kind of like how "I Hate Myself and Want To Die" sounds.
Old 4th February 2013, 12:17 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I really liked Schloß Vogelöd
So did I – I reviewed the Masters of Cinema release some time ago.
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.
Old 4th February 2013, 12:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

These are the films I saw last week which, again, are mostly Best Picture Oscar winners.

Old 4th February 2013, 01:05 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

In case the images aren't clear enough, the films are:

Grand Hotel
The Life of Emile Zola
How Green Was My Valley
My Fair Lady
From Here to Eternity
Tom Jones
The Sound of Music
A Man for All Seasons
In the Heat of the Night
Midnight Cowboy
Patton
The French Connection
The Panic in Needle Park*
The Godfather
The Sting
The Godfather: Part II
Lenny*
Rocky
Kramer vs. Kramer
The English Patient
Titanic
Flight*

*Not Best Picture Oscar winners
trebor8273 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!