Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:42 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
WHERE?!
Tell me about it, I think he's shy really.....

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:46 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Tell me about it, I think he's shy really.....

She
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:48 AM
Cult Master

I've not seen the new Batman film, so I cannot comment on how easy it is to understand the Bane character, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
I think part of the Bane voice thing is simply that not seeing a mouth forming the words makes it less easy to understand.
with all due respect, Mr. Jack, Darth Vader was very easy to understand, as was Jack Griffin in the original 'Invisible Man'

Considering 'Star Wars' came out 35 years ago (and 'The Invisible Man' about 70 years ago), does this suggest that 'modern sound technology' has actually taken a step backwards, and you have to see a character to fully understand them?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:52 AM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Right, I insist you tell me what you thought of this bizarre animated tale, PM me if you have to!! Bad or Good, just tell me...
Visual madness. What I have seen won't be forgotten. I loved the dream stealing junkie. I think all three stories were about the same person, maybe split personalities, I dunno. Your own mind will interpret what you have just watched.

I wonder what Jimmy ScreamerClauz will do next...insanity at its best.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 23rd July 2012, 09:53 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
I've not seen the new Batman film, so I cannot comment on how easy it is to understand the Bane character, but...

with all due respect, Mr. Jack, Darth Vader was very easy to understand, as was Jack Griffin in the original 'Invisible Man'

Considering 'Star Wars' came out 35 years ago (and 'The Invisible Man' about 70 years ago), does this suggest that 'modern sound technology' has actually taken a step backwards, and you have to see a character to fully understand them?
I think the thing is is that Bane's voice is muffled slightly, in a different way to Darth Vader's, so it would be easier to understand him if you could see his mouth forming the words. Not that I really had much of a problem with it
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Date Night such is the life of a Leighton Meester fan. 2 scenes! . Luckily I laughed a bit...(loved Carell in Anchorman, and Tina Fey is passable imo)
The Whip & The Body (Bava) Is it wrong that I found this to be a sexy film? Why o Why does the dubbed one have such muffled sound (duh....), otherwise a decent presentation imho. Will enjoy showing this to Lee obssessed mate later.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:16 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderlust View Post
Visual madness. What I have seen won't be forgotten. I loved the dream stealing junkie. I think all three stories were about the same person, maybe split personalities, I dunno. Your own mind will interpret what you have just watched.

I wonder what Jimmy ScreamerClauz will do next...insanity at its best.
A Musical! Seriously though, mate kept saying "will this get passed?" quite frankly I doubt it, but still a real head****...the eyeseyeseyes....ahem.

[B]
Old 23rd July 2012, 10:53 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post

You're probably not far wrong about 'modern sound technology' taking a step backwards. I repeatedly hear folk moaning about dialogue being lost in modern blockbusters, among the super surround sound explosions and bombastic score . . .
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:43 PM
Cult Addict

Meeting evil. Not perfect by any means but still an intersting direct to dvd thriller with Sam jackson and Luke wilson. Wilson plays a down on his luck real estate agent who's life takes a further turn for the worse when he helps jacksons character with his car. Jacksons character is a cold blooded killer (think pulp fictions jules without the conscionce) and the hapless realter soon finds himself on the road in the middle of a killing spree. Whats worse is that Jacksons killer seems to have taken a liking to him!
Old 23rd July 2012, 12:44 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
I think part of the Bane voice thing is simply that not seeing a mouth forming the words makes it less easy to understand.
That's exactly what Zoe Ball said when she and Mark Kermode were talking about the reported difficulties and sound issues surrounding Bane's voice, with Kermode saying its fine once you become attuned to it.

Like this? Share it using the links below!