Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2014, 03:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watch Beatrice Cenci (1969) then.

Will be watching BBC4's screening of The Curse Of Frankenstein tonight btw......
And so I watched it (TCOF that is....). Singleminded to the point of autism, our Baron first out Burton's Tim in his guise as Melvyn Hayes, then proceeds to morph into Peter Cushing (can you imagine him in It Aint Alf 'Ot Mum now???)

Ahem. As with their Dracula, this whips along at a fair pace, as Victor F graduates from merely using the cadavers at his disposal to begin with, to making his own to order cough etc.

Whilst not as lurid as the D film imho, I can see why people would have been "appalled" during its initial run.

Haven't got me RT yet, so can't guess whether tis The Mummy or something else next week.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 28th October 2014, 03:34 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
And so I watched it (TCOF that is....). Singleminded to the point of autism, our Baron first out Burton's Tim in his guise as Melvyn Hayes, then proceeds to morph into Peter Cushing (can you imagine him in It Aint Alf 'Ot Mum now???)

Ahem. As with their Dracula, this whips along at a fair pace, as Victor F graduates from merely using the cadavers at his disposal to begin with, to making his own to order cough etc.

Whilst not as lurid as the D film imho, I can see why people would have been "appalled" during its initial run.

Haven't got me RT yet, so can't guess whether tis The Mummy or something else next week.
Just had a look on their website for you. It's The Mummy.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 28th October 2014, 04:40 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Fruitville Station last night.

8/10.
SShaw, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 28th October 2014, 05:27 PM
Cult Addict

FURY.

David Ayer, director of the excellent END OF WATCH and the not so great SABOTAGE delivers a grizzled and brutal tale of a tank crew in the closing days of world war 2.

The War is grinding painfully to a close as the allies cross in to Germany. The war is seemingly won but the beleaguered and desperate nazi loyalists are determined to make the allies pay for each and every inch they progress. Fury is the name given to the tank driven by Brad pitts burn scarred veteran who leads his crew, all of whom have survived all the way through from the early conflicts in Africa across the hostile land in a desperate final push to win.

Personally I found Fury a perfect antidote to the aww-shucks optimism and heroism of private ryan and band of brothers. Personally I also find it a better film than privatye ryan as well. Fury is a brutal and often intense tale of jaded heroes who carry their scars externally and internally who in their progress across country find themselves acting in often barbarous and brutal ways including a scene where they execute prisoners of war. Pretty much a film that manages to capture some of the hell of war (though not as well as come and see) the film is well worth your time and money with an intense end sequence.
Old 28th October 2014, 07:02 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Hope you enjoy Psychomania, it is one of my favourites.
PSYCHOMANIA is a British classic mate.

The Severin disc is the way to go.
Wish they'd release it on Blu!

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th October 2014, 07:04 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The lego movie
Tonight's viewings Halloween (remake) and psychomania

Let us know what you think of it Treb.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 28th October 2014, 07:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Halloween (rob zombie)

It's not a patch on the orginal, but I enjoyed it and dosent deserve the level of hate it gets. They tried something a little different with micheal so he's not just a faceless monster and I found myself a little sympathetic towards him, which is what might of upset some people. Had a great cast that included Malcolm McDowell and genre stars such as brad dourif,udo kier, Richard lynch and clint Howard. 7.5/10

Psychomania

Not what I was expecting but still thoughly enjoyed this tale of a group of bikers that terrorise the local town. The leader of the bikers mother is a devil worshipper and along with her sinister butler have the secret of coming back from the dead and being indestructible which her son learns and teaches his gang.

Who then go on a murderous rampage. unintentionally funny in places but also very chilling in others. The scene where the police are placed in the glass "coffins" i found a little unsettling. It was like a who's who of British TV with stars such as Robert hardy, beryl Reid, George sanders, Bill pertwee and June brown among others. 9/10

Now watching Halloween 2 (rob zombie) and the the blob.

Last edited by trebor8273; 28th October 2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 28th October 2014, 07:45 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Glad you liked it Treb!
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Old 28th October 2014, 11:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Zombie Flesh Eaters (1979) Following my admission of not really liking the Lucio Fulci movies that I've seen a number of you recommended a few other movies by him and I took the opportunity to watch sjconstable's recommendation of 'Zombie Flesh Eaters'. This was my first viewing of this, it wasn't one one of those that I would have watched when I was younger, I was more a Sci-Fi fan in the early 80's rather than a Horror one although I loved the Universal Monster series, (and still do). The film wasn't as bad as Manhattan Baby which sent me to sleep, (The Black Cat was another that did this.....twice!). The Gates of Hell Trilogy were three films that also failed to impress me as much as I wanted to like The Beyond. Zombie Flesh Eaters seems a little more polished than the other Fulci movies that I've seen, whether this is down to Arrows presentation or not I don't know but I did quite enjoy this one. I can't say it bored me, nor did I find my self falling asleep nor doing anything else. The underwater zombie attacking the shark was a new angle for me and the eyeball piercing did make me grimace. But having said all this I still don't feel the love that a lot of you have for this movie or the director.
Old 29th October 2014, 12:37 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I kinda agree apart from odd movie like zombie flesh eaters I ddon't really rate much of him or many of his films I've seen, I've tried but just can't.
JoshuaKaitlyn likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!