LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th October 2014, 06:22 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
It's one of my all time favourite films. I'll be picking it up from blowitoutahere once they have it listed for a customs friendly price.
You and me both!
Old 27th October 2014, 06:27 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
The Breaking of Bumbo. (1970)

Whimsical social satire about a newly commissioned young officer in the Household brigade who discovers life outside the army when he meets Joanna Lumley - a ravishing snakeskin delight. Between them they rebel against society in the only way they know how - anarchy and protest marches.

The Breaking of Bumbo is a difficult film to recommend due to it's eccentricities and it's inability to fit into any real niches of cinema. It's not particularly funny, nor is it exactly revolutionary in it's story telling. More Spice Girls "Girl Power" than Rage Against the Machine "**** you i won't do what you tell me" . However, what it is, is a typically British film with boredom as it's subject matter at the arse end of swinging sixties London. Denied a theatrical release by EMI on the grounds of uncommerciality, The breaking of Bumbo is a bit of a lost gem which has now resurfaced on dvd.

Fans of unconventional British cinema will love it.
After reading this films title and your review, I was kinda disappointed that it wasn't the gay hobbit roughie I was looking for.
Old 27th October 2014, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The lego movie

For me this has been my favourite movie of the year, ok they have been better movies out. but this is just so much fun with so many great characters, laugh out loud moments and a film you can watch over and over and never get bored. Just have one more thing to sat about this movie. Everything is awesome. 10/10

Tonight's viewings Halloween (remake) and psychomania

Last edited by trebor8273; 27th October 2014 at 07:18 PM.
Old 27th October 2014, 07:12 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
The lego movie

For me this has been my favourite movie of the year, ok they have been better movies out. but this is just so much fun with some many great characters, laugh out loud moments and a film you can watch over and over and never get bored. Just have one more thing to sat about this movie. Everything is awesome. 10/10

Tonight's viewings Halloween (remake) and psychomania
Hope you enjoy Psychomania, it is one of my favourites.
Old 27th October 2014, 07:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Hope you enjoy Psychomania, it is one of my favourites.
Only seen it once many years ago when I was a kid. Can't remeber much apart from I had trouble sleeping that night.
Old 27th October 2014, 09:31 PM
Cult Rookie

"Gone girl" and "A Most wanted man" at the cinema and "Livid" and "Trancers" at home
keirarts likes this.
Old 27th October 2014, 10:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I took the opportunity to see Gone Girl while I am back in the U.K.

I found it an intriguing, if extreme, look at what we give up in order to make the comprises necessary to sustain a successful relationship. And, like my last sentence, it's a little overlong.
Old 27th October 2014, 11:04 PM
Cult Rookie

I really liked it. Great suburban noir who kept me interested all the way through. Never imagined i would say that about about a movie with Tyler Perry in it.

Last edited by Espen; 27th October 2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old 28th October 2014, 07:07 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espen View Post
I really liked it. Great suburban noir who kept me interested all the way through. Never imagined i would say that about about a movie with Tyler Perry in it.
!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic410 - madea.jpg (7.1 KB, 57 views)
keirarts and Espen like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 28th October 2014, 09:28 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Garden of the Dead (1972)

Garden of the Dead is a silly, low budget Troma distributed zombie offering directed by John 'Grave of the Vampire' Hayes.

Inmates of a prison work-camp discover a barrel of experimental formaldehyde and proceed to get high off of the fumes. A group of them later attempt an escape and are chased down by the warden and his deputies, in which the prisoners' getaway truck crashes and they are all killed in the resulting firefight with the deputies. The warden then orders that the dead prisoners be buried in shallow graves in the woods.

The prisoners are not long buried when they start to reanimate and shamble back to the prison - at first you assume purely for vengeance - but later you discover that they're more interested in imbibing more of those refreshingly addictive formaldehyde fumes.

Dumb as it may be, Garden of the Dead is quite fun, and is a film in which they really went out of their way to concoct a bizarre mechanism for zombification. The resurrected dead also look pretty funky and even exhibit quasi-vampiristic qualities such as being afraid of light - allowing the effective use of the prison searchlights etc. to deter the marauding undead convict horde.

I was disappointed with the lack of a 'garden' though, at least in the conventional sense. I guess 'shallow graves near the prison grounds of the dead' didn't quite have the same ring to it.

Originally posted here: Nightmare USA Films Discussion Thread

Like this? Share it using the links below!