All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th February 2013, 05:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

yesterdays viewings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0085.jpg (96.5 KB, 5 views)
bdc and Nordicdusk like this.
Old 12th February 2013, 05:49 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Earth Versus The Flying Saucers last night on Blu. This one is an old favorite of mine, so i decided to give the Colourised version a go as Harry says in his interview that he always envisaged his films in colour but because of budget constraints it proved impossible to do.. While it is a very good effort and in places extremely good, for the most part though the colour is all over the place with most of the characters taking on a very Jaundiced skin tones It is was never the best looking disc and i am not sure if it's the source or some sort of jiggery pokery going on during the transfer, but at times detail disappears into a white mush usually seen on the faces (foreheads) of the actors. The audio i thought was really very good for a film of this age.
However i will still recomend it as i love old Sci Fi movies and especialy the work of Ray Harryhausen, although this is suposed to be his least favorite work.

Old 12th February 2013, 05:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Watched Earth Versus The Flying Saucers last night on Blu. This one is an old favorite of mine, so i decided to give the Colourised version a go as Harry says in his interview that he always envisaged his films in colour but because of budget constraints it proved impossible to do.. While it is a very good effort and in places extremely good, for the most part though the colour is all over the place with most of the characters taking on a very Jaundiced skin tones It is was never the best looking disc and i am not sure if it's the source or some sort of jiggery pokery going on during the transfer, but at times detail disappears into a white mush usually seen on the faces (foreheads) of the actors. The audio i thought was really very good for a film of this age.
However i will still recomend it as i love old Sci Fi movies and especialy the work of Ray Harryhausen, although this is suposed to be his least favorite work.

Love the film but I had to go back to the black and white version, the colours where awful people look like they suffered from jaundice
Old 12th February 2013, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

So, what did you think of Joan and some bugs Nordic.?
Old 12th February 2013, 06:04 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike View Post
So, what did you think of Joan and some bugs Nordic.?
I really enjoyed it actually i taught it was great in fact seem to get alot of hate on the net but it had alot of charm. Very enjoyable.
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
Old 12th February 2013, 06:05 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post
I really enjoyed it actually i taught it was great in fact seem to get alot of hate on the net but it had alot of charm. Very enjoyable.
Glad we think alike.
Nordicdusk likes this.
Old 12th February 2013, 06:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Dusted off my old Parc DVD of Rise and Fall of Idi Amin

I love this movie, it's got a real Mondo vibe to it...unsurprising considering how soon after his exile it was made. Definitely a guilty pleasure as it's pretty indefensible.

And don't get me started on that film with McAvoy in it...
Old 12th February 2013, 07:33 PM
Cult Addict

Don't Look Now- Should take no introduction. Suffice to say, IMHO, it's the best British film of all time only riveld by The Wicker Man. Let's hope Criterion get a hold of it as i'd happily double dip on BD despite the Studio Canal BD being more than adequite.

DVD and BD collection
Old 12th February 2013, 08:06 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Thriller: A Cruel Picture

...again...really hoped I'd like this but it's just too slow for me, painfully so in parts especially the overused slow mo death scences
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 12th February 2013, 10:51 PM
Ex-member

Just watched
Rec
Rec 2
2 of the best zombie films I've seen

Like this? Share it using the links below!