Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2013, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The New Yorker ripper

Well not much to say apart from quack quack 9/10

Don't torture a duckling

With the subject matter found this very hard to watch in places, the killing of the witch was one of the most brutal and disturbing killings I have seen, perhaps the directors greatest film but I still like zombie flesh eaters and the beyond more even though this is actually a better film. 9.5/10

Mother of tears

Not as good as the first two but I still really enjoyed it, great atmosphere and some very brutal killings especially the first one 8/10

Pranks

Mediocre done better a hundred times before 5.5/10

Birds of prey

Obvious rip of the birds but I did enjoy it with its over the top story and some good kills, I ended up routing for the poor old birdies, some unnecessary animal killings especially the scene in which I think a hawk was killed with a shotgun 7/10

Watching fade to black which have been meaning to watch for some time, this shall be my first viewing

Last edited by trebor8273; 7th October 2013 at 05:47 PM.
Old 7th October 2013, 05:46 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Pranks
Mediocre done better a hindered times before 5.5/10
Great stuff Treb. I only mentioned this movie yesterday on another thread, as one of last few remaining Video Nasties I've yet to see. But everyone seems to echo your thoughts on this one so maybe it's no great loss I haven't caught up with it yet...
troggi likes this.
Old 7th October 2013, 05:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Great stuff Treb. I only mentioned this movie yesterday on another thread, as one of last few remaining Video Nasties I've yet to see. But everyone seems to echo your thoughts on this one so maybe it's no great loss I haven't caught up with it yet...
I would agree not a good film, even the killings Weren't very impressive, but if you managed to find it cheap it might be worth a watch but not worth more than a couple of quid. Also found it very predictable didn't take long to figure who the killer was
troggi likes this.
Old 7th October 2013, 06:16 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
While pranks is fairly naff, I actually quite like it. Its on blu-ray in the US as DORM THAT DRIPPED BLOOD I stuck a review on it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dorm-That-Dr...+dripped+blood
PaulD, ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
Old 7th October 2013, 06:21 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

At the weekend,I watched;
THE ICEMAN-Very good,enjoyed it.

THE AMITYVILLE HORROR,AMITYVILLE II,AMITYVILLE 3 Blu Rays.
1&2 looked superb,whilst 3 left a lot to be desired.
Something to do with originally being 3D?

I noticed Friday The 13th part 3 was lesser in pic quality than 1&2 as well....
troggi likes this.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 7th October 2013, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invid Ninja View Post
The Oldboy ambivalence surprises me, granted I too don't feel it's one of the absolute best modern films but I still think it's a very enjoyable and grimy revenge thriller. Mind you when it comes to the modern Korean films, I Saw The Devil is probably my favourite.

Either way, was watching Fulci's Conquest to prepare for a podcast guest spot very soon. Hey, I like it.
As a lot of people here will know from my ravings when I first saw it last year, I think I Saw the Devil is one of the best films I've seen in the last five years. It really is incredible.
Invid Ninja, Nordicdusk and troggi like this.
Old 7th October 2013, 07:17 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well just finished fade to black and it was excellent exceeded all expectations. Great central performance, loved all the references to classic movies and the psycho scene was a real highlight very well done, the actress playing the marlin Monroe look alike was gorgeous And with even had a young Mickey rourke and the legend that is Tim Thomerson. 9/10

Was going to watch another horror but felt like a change so its one of my favourite 80s comedies ferris buellers day off. Reminds me a lot of when I was at school like most other Hughes films, mind I was nothing like Ferris more like Cameron!!

Last edited by trebor8273; 7th October 2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 7th October 2013, 07:27 PM
Cult Addict

Watching PIMP...sorry PRINCE OF DARKNESS.

Scream factory's Blu-ray looks gorgeous.
Old 7th October 2013, 08:06 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Was going to watch another horror but felt like a change so its one of my favourite 80s comedies ferris buellers day off. Reminds me a lot of when I was at school like most other Hughes films, mind I was nothing like Ferris more like Cameron!!
Probably the only decent film (along with WarGames) that Matthew Broderick has ever been in.
troggi likes this.
Old 7th October 2013, 09:33 PM
Active Cultist

Send a message via Skype™ to Invid Ninja

So yeah, House was pretty amazing.

Cold Iron (R.O.T.O.R, 1987)

Like this? Share it using the links below!