Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th February 2013, 08:56 AM
Cult Addict

Keith Lemon: The Film- .....I didn't like it. A bit cringe inducing tbh.

The Pink Panther Strikes Again- Always classic!

DVD and BD collection
Old 16th February 2013, 09:00 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I finally got around to watching the BBC Hitchcock drama 'The Girl' last night, I had too high an expectation I think because while it was good it wasn't great, it might have something to do with my not liking Sienna Miller one bit! I'm not sure how much of it was Artistic License but 'Hitch' was a bit of bastard I only rated it 3/5

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 16th February 2013, 09:03 AM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
There is a very white color scheme though which I found to be quite tiring for my eyes ha ha
Including the skin of the lead actor! I wonder if Cronenberg did a casting call for the palest looking actors around He did a good job looking ill, though the script didn't give him much else to do apart from that . . .
Old 16th February 2013, 09:30 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Skyfall & Dolemite.
Look, I could care less about Bond (if it ain't YOLT etc.....FRWL at a push), but this I enjoyed. From the portentous imagery (not quite iconic enough imho) to the "hey! remember this??" sequence...it does what it says on the tin (the opening sequence etc) I sat with baited breath waiting for Javier Bardem, and waited and waited......
Why did he have to look like the "white" character that Lenny Henry played in that awful True Identity???
Anyhow.......

D'urville Martin (Boss Nigger) directs with a hammer and chisel, mining a particuarly seedy vein of the 'hood. Rudy Ray Moore "raps" and slaps his way around the scenery. The R print I have is brutally cut, was quite refreshing to see something so hacked at cough cough.
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 16th February 2013, 10:06 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post
Including the skin of the lead actor! I wonder if Cronenberg did a casting call for the palest looking actors around He did a good job looking ill, though the script didn't give him much else to do apart from that . . .

Yeah.
I hope he does not go too much into David Cronenbergs style and should try and branch out and do his own thing but still keep it Cronenberg like.
Slippery Jack likes this.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 16th February 2013, 01:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

This afternoon I watched God Bless America on blu-ray (it was released last week in Germany as part of the "Cinema Controversy" range which has recently featured other films like Paddy Considine's excellent Tyranosaur and the quite brilliant We need to Talk About Kevin). I saw this in Edinburgh (you can read my immediate thoughts in my diary thread) as part of the Film festival and at the time greatly enjoyed both the film and the directors Q&A. However, I wasn't sure how much it would stand up to a second viewing. The good news, its just as good and on reflection perhaps worthy of a place on my top ten list of favourite films of 2012. I'm glad I didn't pick up the U.K. DVD.

The blu-ray is packaged in the form of a short book which contains an essay by Stephan Volk (German only I'm afraid) with some nice stills from the movie. Well worth importing or picking up next time you are over here in Germany.

Tonights film ... A Good Day to Die Hard. The reviews seem to be uniformly poor, but I can't wait. Its also the first film in Original Fassung since Django Unchained opened three weeks ago and only my second visit to the Cinema this year
Old 16th February 2013, 05:38 PM
Ex-member

Just watched Thirst
I've been waiting to watch this forever.Well it did NOT disappoint
a great foreign Vampire Film (haven't seen a bad park film yet)
Old 16th February 2013, 05:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched The Mummy's Shroud Blu Ray last night. I have to be honest and say this is one of my least favorite Hammer outings but the excellent acting just about saves the day. The PQ was really quite good and makes a good addition to my Hammer collection.
Old 16th February 2013, 07:02 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Watched The Mummy's Shroud Blu Ray last night. I have to be honest and say this is one of my least favorite Hammer outings but the excellent acting just about saves the day. The PQ was really quite good and makes a good addition to my Hammer collection.
Have you seen The Reptile or The Plague Of The Zombies
There two of my favourites
Old 16th February 2013, 07:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Well back after my back failed me and was to bed for a couple days,recent viewings :
1)Classic Hitchcock,2)excellent thriller with a surprise ending,3)Scorsese's most ambitious project,very good but not perfect,4)an excellent film study of the classic american movies,5)one of Nolan's best! 6)Musa,an ultra violent war epic with incredible fight scenes,7)In Prison Awaiting Trial ,prison drama starring famous comedian Alberto Sordi,simple story but very humane! 8) a strange film from Czechoslovakia about a doctor who discovers that a Formula 1 racing car is not run by fuel but with human blood and tries to find out the mystery of the bloodthirsty car together with a vampire hunter, but a racing organization is hunting them,9)cult classic animated anthology,10)inferior sequel that has no relation with the original,11)another cult classic animation from Canada,12)sci-fi movie about an evil scientist and his shrinking ray,some cool effects,13)rare and badly made war movie from Philippines,not on Imdb either! 14)one of the best Asian horror films,15)a bit worse sequel,16)the approach was lighter this time,like a teen slasher,very disappointing

Like this? Share it using the links below!