Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2013, 02:56 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Jaws 5: Cruel Jaws (1995) - Utter Piffle.
I didn't even know there was a 5 - I couldn't even finish 4!
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:38 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Just saw Mama. What a tedious waste of two hours (if you included trailers etc) that was! Utterly contrived and deathly dull. The whole build up has these creepy, feral kids giggling around the house, playing with something that we are only afforded glimpses of, while Jessica Chastain's walking cliché, punk rock adopted mother (Look! She wears a Misfits shirt, has tattoos and says "****" on her voice mail message!) does her best to look like she gives a shit (and fails). Of course the ending is signposted a mile off during some awful flashback dream sequences, and has the contorting, CGI Mama plastered all over the screen, like some early reject from Ringu.

Dreadful.
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

That bad eh, looks pretty creepy in the trailer, good bit of false advertising I guess
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd February 2013, 03:57 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I quite liked the trailer too, and I'm never, ever trusting anything with G.D.Toro's name attached again. Not until I have proof in triplicate that it won't be a stinker.

I didn't like Sinister or Insidious either, so make of that what you will. I just have little tolerance for lazy horror that insults its audience's intelligence. It was nothing but product.
Old 22nd February 2013, 04:04 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
I quite liked the trailer too, and I'm never, ever trusting anything with G.D.Toro's name attached again. Not until I have proof in triplicate that it won't be a stinker.

I didn't like Sinister or Insidious either, so make of that what you will. I just have little tolerance for lazy horror that insults its audience's intelligence. It was nothing but product.
Ah, see I enjoyed both Sinister and Insidious, I think I'll wait for a few more reviews to come in before I decide whether or not to go see it
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 22nd February 2013, 04:12 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beyond72 View Post
I didn't even know there was a 5 - I couldn't even finish 4!
Cruel Jaws is an Italian Jaws rip-off/cash-in
Old 22nd February 2013, 05:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

just started watching demolition man forgotten how funny and good this movie is.
Old 22nd February 2013, 09:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Nightmare City

...again...

Why are so many of the zombies men of retirement age that appear to have just stepped off the golf course wearing shite face paint? Completely bewildering.
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:00 PM
Ex-member

The House On Haunted Hill
Can't beat a bit of Vincent price.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:06 PM
Cult Addict

Watched Sinister a few nights ago. Not bad, was late and I was struggling to stay awake so I suspect I might enjoy it more if I try again. Watched Taken2 as well, enjoyed it though it's not a patch on the original. What I did really enjoy though last week was Dark Shadows. I love Tim Burtons films but I have to admit I weren't expecting much from this one so was pleasantly surprised.

Like this? Share it using the links below!