Old 18th May 2013, 03:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Finished Peeping Tom; loved it, Carl Boehm's performance was magnificent
Old 18th May 2013, 04:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
Finished Peeping Tom; loved it, Carl Boehm's performance was magnificent
"Peeping Tom" is a great, a classic, almost a superlative. I, for one, am glad you enjoyed it!

SCM likes this.

Monster Magnet
Old 18th May 2013, 06:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Deadly Blessing last night ( Arrow Blu ), thoroughly enjoyed it, PQ was excellent also.
PaulD and SCM like this.

Last edited by tele1962; 18th May 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 18th May 2013, 07:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Have Knightriders Bluray lined up for later tonight.
tele1962 likes this.
Old 18th May 2013, 07:21 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Been meaning to say that the other day i watched probably one of the best (If not the best) films ever made for the first time.."..To Kill A Mockingbird"...i was left speechless and never wanted it to end, everything about this film is perfect IMHO and should be added to every film collection.
sawyer6 and troggi like this.

Last edited by tele1962; 18th May 2013 at 09:46 PM.
Old 18th May 2013, 07:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Strippers vs. Werewolves

The trailer reel shown by production company at Fright Fest in 2011 had what looked like 3 or 4 great home grown genre films. So far I have managed to see two, Elfie Hopkins (dull) and Strippers vs. Werwolves (here on the UK blu). Strippers vs. Werewolves manages to not only be dull but also badly written and badly made. Comic strip is used throughout the film to cover for the lack of budget and also the modesty of the actresses. If you are not prepared to get your kit off and your tits out perhaps its best not to take the role of a stripper in a low budget exploitation film!

One to avoid (even if you can see it for free).
troggi likes this.

Last edited by SShaw; 18th May 2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 18th May 2013, 07:33 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Went to see Fast & Furious 6 this afternoon and pretty good it was too. Not quite up there with Fast Five, but a solid entry in the series. Only a few things let it down, a few of the action setpieces were unbelievable (up there with Live Free Or Die Hard), and a totally unneccessary appearance from Rita Ora in her "acting" debut, looking like a $5 hooker into the bargain! However, the mid end credit sequence totally made up for it, finally tying Toko Drift in with the rest of the franchise, and setting up the villain for F&F 7. I really do hope they bring back Lucas Black for the next film, I seem to be one of the few people who actually liked his character (Sean Boswell), and Black as an actor. When mentioned on twitter that someone hoped he might return in a future film, Black replied that he wasn't in Fast 6, so I have a feeling he might return in 7.
Old 18th May 2013, 07:50 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Viewings since last update:

The Simpsons Movie - was on E4 and I, rather like Homer Simpson, couldn't be bothered to get off the sofa. I'd seen it before but had forgotten how solid it is considering how poor the tv show was at that time. It's full of great jokes and while the story is an amalgamation of previous tv episodes and Bart's an annoying whiny baby who craves his daddy's attention throughout the whole thing it works really well as a film in its own right.

The Cottage - Oh Netflix, so much to answer for. David Arquette stars as a romance-writer renting out a family's cottage, with a secret and sinister side to his character. It's all over the place in plot and tone, a lot of the actors have an odd blandness to their look which made me confuse them for each other and it leaves a lot of things unexplained, not out of willful ambiguity but out of an inability to tell a story properly. Would probably work as an exploitation movie where such flaws could be forgiven but not as a glossy thriller which looks like a TV movie. Just terrible.

Super 8 - really loved this. It wears its influence on its sleeve but that's no bad thing as far as I'm concerned. Obvious nods to ET, The Goonies, Stand By Me etc but that just made me love it all the more. The characters were incredible relatable (which impressed me significantly given their ages) and the film handled the elements of mystery well until it was time to let things go off the handle when it goes into blockbuster mode. Excellent stuff

Hold Your Breath - as soon as the title credits started and I saw "An Asylum production" I felt an odd mixture of sadness and joy - I knew the film I was about to watch was going to be rubbish but at least I could try and figure out which film of the same year it was ripping off. Sadly, it turned out to be an 'original' Asylum film. Which was rubbish. Something to do with the spirit of an executed murderer possessing your body when you go past a graveyard and don't hold your breath but even trying to figure this out and explain it makes my head hurt and my eyes water. It starred Katrina Bowden who was so good as the female lead in Tucker and Dale Vs Evil (and excellent in 30 Rock too) that I felt thoroughly depressed at the 90th minute.

I don't get to watch many films at the minute due to work but I am aware of how many I am watching that are clearly rubbish. Damn you Netflix, damn you!

Last edited by PaulD; 18th May 2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 18th May 2013, 08:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
just started Peeping Tom
You don't have to tell us every time you've started something.

Just say what you thought at the end!
Old 18th May 2013, 09:04 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Been meaning to say that the other day i watched probably one of the best (If not the best) films ever made for the first time.."..To Kill A Mocking Bird"...i was left speechless and never wanted it to end, everything about this film is perfect IMHO and should be added to every film collection.
tele1962 likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!