Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th July 2013, 05:33 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Woah! Just because I advise something doesn't mean I do it myself!
troggi likes this.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:13 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched The Exterminator a couple of nights ago, some it up in 1 word: Amazing.
Yesterday watched See No Evil: The Moors Murders, started of a bit boring but turned out to be alright.
Don't know if trailers count for what you have seen recently but I'll just put them on anyway:

troggi likes this.
Old 11th July 2013, 10:23 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Send a message via Yahoo to darthelvis

Watched The Car last night for the first time and it is an excellent and fun film. The Arrow blu ray looks stunning as if it was filmed in last few years.

Also watched Hard Times directed by the legend Walter Hill. I had never seen this before but it is an awesome flick with Charles Bronson as a street fighter. The Twilight Time blu picture is excellent but a little light as always on extras.
trebor8273 likes this.
Hang Loose & Join the Community @ www.theforcebook.com
Old 11th July 2013, 10:26 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Bram Stoker's "Shadowbuilder"

D' you know I wasn't expecting much from this film but I really enjoyed it!
The under-rated, imo, Michael Rooker as a sort of "assassin priest" on the trail of a demon released by another priest. The demon has to sacrifice a young boy during an eclipse.

A decent cast, script and effects, maybe a little heavy on primitive CGI (by today's standards, that is). You gorehounds will think it's a bit tame as there is little in the way of blood, guts and snot but anyone who likes a bit of "good vs. evil" should get on with this one!

15/10 for a cigar chompin' Tony Todd in an eyepatch!
I watched that film about 3 years ago, surprisingly thought it was a really good movie, god i need to watch it again
troggi likes this.
Old 11th July 2013, 11:11 AM
Cult Addict

Watched Now You See Me at the piccies last night with my better half. A very likeable cast and a good pace made for a thoroughly entertaining movie I thought. Just don't try scrutinising the plot too much though.
Old 11th July 2013, 12:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

I held off watching this while all the hype was surrounding it because as you all know hype surround a film normally means its shit.
Well I enjoyed it, it was different from anything i've ever seen before. Mike Cera was quite good and Culkin as a gay bloke was funny. The action scenes were original and it was like a massive weird headtrip.

However there were 2 things I I noticed which I didn't like 1) Some of Ramona's ex's had girlfriends so isn't it time they moved on with their lives, how would said girlfriend feel as her boyfriend was fighting over his ex?.

2) He had to fight 2 twins. So doe's that mean he went out with both twins seperatly?. Everyone I've spoke to said they would never go out with an ex's brother / sister.

Other then that I really liked the film
troggi likes this.
Old 11th July 2013, 12:51 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Scott Pilgrim Vs The World

I held off watching this while all the hype was surrounding it because as you all know hype surround a film normally means its shit.
Well I enjoyed it, it was different from anything i've ever seen before. Mike Cera was quite good and Culkin as a gay bloke was funny. The action scenes were original and it was like a massive weird headtrip.

However there were 2 things I I noticed which I didn't like 1) Some of Ramona's ex's had girlfriends so isn't it time they moved on with their lives, how would said girlfriend feel as her boyfriend was fighting over his ex?.

2) He had to fight 2 twins. So doe's that mean he went out with both twins seperatly?. Everyone I've spoke to said they would never go out with an ex's brother / sister.

Scott Pilgrim Vs the world exists in its odd odd little magical universe so questioning things like that kinda misses the point to be honest. Glad you enjoyed it, it's a really interesting film which I absolutely adore.
troggi likes this.
Old 11th July 2013, 01:09 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post

For the first question, in the comic it was explained that Gideon founded the group after a drunken rant of Craigslist when they broke up, so the other exs probably felt sorry for everyone who's had Ramona kick their heart in the ass.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 11th July 2013, 01:27 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCM View Post
Don't know if trailers count for what you have seen recently but I'll just put them on anyway:
I saw that trailer a couple of days ago. What the hell have they done to Chucky? He looks awful.
SCM likes this.
Old 11th July 2013, 01:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I saw that trailer a couple of days ago. What the hell have they done to Chucky? He looks awful.
Looks to me like CGI facial features to make him appear more expressive. But doesn't that kind of mess with the fact that he is supposed to be just a regular doll, come to life . . . ?

Like this? Share it using the links below!