Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24th August 2013, 07:10 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

I'll Always Know What you did Last Summer. (2006)

I'll Always Know What You Did Last Summer came as a nice surprise to me. Whilst its not as good as the original smash hit film it is head and shoulders above its rather average sequel.

The film is set in a Colorado ski resort in the summertime and this makes a nice change for me. The director makes good use of the deserted ski lifts to add extra suspense and the mountainous location work adds bonus points for me.

Despite it being a second sequel none of the characters from the first two films show up, probably due to budgetary reasons, but this wasn't a problem, the cast of unknowns are an amiable lot, meaning you don't wish all of them dead from the first minute. The film ups the gore ante with a few nice bloody kills, the first two films were rather restrained in this area despite having an original slasher movie killer in the fisherman with his nasty hook. Plot wise, the film has a few tweaks but it follows the general ideas of the first film.

To sum it up. I'll Always Know What you did Last Summer won't change your world, nor will it go down as a great slasher film, however if you feel starved of multiple murders and slashed throats then it might just entertain you for a couple of hours.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg I'll_Always_Know_What_You_Did_Last_Summer.jpg (58.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 24th August 2013, 07:47 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
I'll Always Know What you did Last Summer. (2006)
I think this is on at 9pm/10pm on Syfy channel. I gonna stick it on in the background...
Old 24th August 2013, 09:11 PM
Cult Addict

Picked up

Biggie and tupac at cash generator today for 50p. Not really into the whole hip hop scene but I like Nick Broomfields documentarys so I gave it a whirl

Really interesting. What at first looks to be simple gang rivalry becomes more convoluted the further Broomfield digs. All manner of people come forward with stories to tell, and its never totally certain if its for the attention and celebrity or if its on the level.

IF true, it suggests corruption in the LAPD (this isn't really that hard to believe) and implicates some pretty shady conspiracy's that head all the way up to the FBI.

Well worth seeking out, its actually free on youtube the the minute!
Old 24th August 2013, 09:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Yeah, that's a good documentary, one I haven't seen in years but a fascinating window into that scene. I always thought Bloomfield looked a bit silly holding the boom mike but he was a hip enough to poke fun at himself in a TV ad a few years ago. I didn't listen to his music at all but Tupac was great in Gridlock'd wasn't he ?
Old 24th August 2013, 09:23 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

I own every NB Documentary, i really enjoy his work. the box set of his early work is really good and usually goes for around £5 new.
Old 24th August 2013, 09:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Today I have mostly been watching:

I declare war - dull film about a group of kids playing capture the flag.

In the name of the son - paedophile comedy Recommended.

Upstream Colour - ?????? A complete mind ****.

Fresh Meat - excellent comedy horror.

Dark Touch - disappointing haunted house/girl story.

Last edited by SShaw; 25th August 2013 at 09:43 AM.
Old 24th August 2013, 09:36 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Yeah, that's a good documentary, one I haven't seen in years but a fascinating window into that scene. I always thought Bloomfield looked a bit silly holding the boom mike but he was a hip enough to poke fun at himself in a TV ad a few years ago. I didn't listen to his music at all but Tupac was great in Gridlock'd wasn't he ?
Tupac was excellent in Gridlock'd, really held his own against Tim Roth (no mean feat) and would have had an excellent career as an actor if he hadn't been shot. I personally think the suggestion Suge night was behind it quite plausible.
Old 24th August 2013, 09:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Every now and then there is films you should have seen but just haven't, and Death wish is one my friend lent me it tbh I thought it was a little dull and boring, but a curious Q? My friend said it was uncut but it ran for 90 min reading upon it everywhere states 93 min. So i thought maybe its not uncut but when I search the net to see what's been cut every scene that I read is all intact in the film. I'm a bit baffled ?
Old 24th August 2013, 09:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Tupac was excellent in Gridlock'd, really held his own against Tim Roth (no mean feat) and would have had an excellent career as an actor if he hadn't been shot. I personally think the suggestion Suge night was behind it quite plausible.
I agree... I mean didn't he hang Vanilla Ice out a high rise window until Ice signed over Ice Ice Bay ? Or so the story goes...

Also recommended is the 2008 doc Until the Light Takes Us about the murderous Norwegian Black Metal scene...
keirarts likes this.
Old 24th August 2013, 09:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well I'm off to watch time bandits again before I goto sleep, I absolutely love this move.
SShaw and gag like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!