Like Tree179627Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th June 2014, 08:20 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
"Troll Hunter" (2010)

Beards! Exploding rabid trolls! Great! 18/10 for Troll drool!
Love Troll Hunter really shows the beauty of Norway and such a fun movie the Trolls look great and most importantly as you said it has beards
troggi likes this.
Old 10th June 2014, 08:25 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I think that anyone who doesn't love "Flash Gordon" must have been born without a sense of fun! It's a great, colourful extravaganza of a film and is on a par with "The Wizard of Oz", "Jason and the Argonauts" and any of countless "Sinbad" movies. It is brash, bright and populated with "larger than life" characters that you can immediately "bond with" and Brian Blessed!

"Black Hole" was fun too!

Monster Magnet
Old 10th June 2014, 08:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
I think that anyone who doesn't love "Flash Gordon" must have been born without a sense of fun! It's a great, colourful extravaganza of a film and is on a par with "The Wizard of Oz", "Jason and the Argonauts" and any of countless "Sinbad" movies. It is brash, bright and populated with "larger than life" characters that you can immediately "bond with" and Brian Blessed!

"Black Hole" was fun too!
You forgot to mention the great soundtrack! Flash, aaaaah aaaaah
keirarts and troggi like this.
Old 10th June 2014, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

King of New York.

Fantastic gritty gangster movie, with a great cast and fantastic acting especially from Christopher Walken and Laurence (Larry here ) Fishburne. 9/10

Nightmare on elm street the dream warriors

My second favourite of the elm street, has the right mix of scares and black comedy. Some great kills and the return of Nancy Thompson. We find more out about the son of a hundred maniacs. Only negative is that Harry Potter sorry the wizard master. Sadly it was down hill from here until a new nightmare. 9/10

Next something completely different the princess bride
Old 10th June 2014, 09:05 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
King of New York.

Fantastic gritty gangster movie, with a great cast and fantastic acting especially from Christopher Walken and Laurence (Larry here ) Fishburne. 9/10

Nightmare on elm street the dream warriors

My second favourite of the elm street, has the right mix of scares and black comedy. Some great kills and the return of Nancy Thompson. We find more out about the son of a hundred maniacs. Only negative is that Harry Potter sorry the wizard master. Sadly it was down hill from here until a new nightmare. 9/10

Next something completely different the princess bride
King of New York is a great film.
Old 10th June 2014, 09:31 PM
Cultist

I just saw Jurassic Park for the first time since I was a kid. It's a lot better than I thought it would be based on my memories.

Now I haven't seen the other two in the "trilogy", are they even worth watching?
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
Old 10th June 2014, 09:53 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

"Man of Steel"
Being a long time reader of comics I thought that I ought to get this out of a sense of duty to the comic media, I don't "get" Superman he is too "overpowered" even for comic heroes. So it was with a sense of resignation that I put the bd in the machine... I enjoyed it!

No, honest, I really did like it! Okay it does have it's faults and I am not going to scratch my way through any of the..."Superman wouldn't endanger so many lives..." yadda yadda. An action movie, especially a superhero movie, is pure escapism, it doesn't have to be "realistic". Just say to yourself "it's only a movie..."

14/10 because the buildings were empty, honest!

"47 Ronin"
I wanted to see this since seeing the trailer ages ago. I wasn't disapointed. They could have gone well over the top with the CGI in this film and I think that they reined that temptation in well, not too much and not too little.

13/10 for a pretty balanced film, one which I would not be aversed to watching again.

Monster Magnet
Old 10th June 2014, 10:31 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

1911 (2011)

Historical epic starring Jackie Chan depicting events of the 1911 Chinese revolution.

Featuring a cast of thousands and fantastic production values it's unfortunate that the film fails to deliver on the story front. Coming across more as a documentary than anything, the film isn't helped by reams of text to read about the events portrayed, which became monotonous due to the fact the text was so small, and also preventing you reading the subtitled language track.

Despite being introduced to a whole raft of real life characters, the film failed to captivate and didn't allow for any empathy to anyone resulting in a boring viewing experience come the end.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1911_filmposter.jpg (59.6 KB, 6 views)
Old 11th June 2014, 10:36 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

"if...." (1968)

More learned people than I have written about this film so what could I possibly add? W-ell...
  1. It's still shocking after all these years
  2. Malcolm McDowell plays the "cocky little sod" for the first time
  3. This new release by "Masters of Cinema" is excellent value for money
On the bd we get a collection of short films by Lindsay Anderson, a number of interviews with assorted members of the cast and crew, a commentary and a couple of trailers for the U.S. audience. In the box we also get a well written and expansive booklet.

"if...." is the film that launched Malcom McDowell onto the screen and primed the viewing public for such wonders as; "A Clockwork Orange", "Cat People" and "Tank Girl". For this reason, and the interesting use of colour and monochrome, I have to give "if...." a whopping 17/10

Monster Magnet
Old 11th June 2014, 05:17 PM
Cult Rookie

I just watched Big Trouble in Little China , a legendary film! On arrow blu-ray! Id be close to giving it 10/10 , but probably 9/10!

Like this? Share it using the links below!