Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th November 2013, 09:28 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Escape From New York on Saturday, loved it. One of Kurt Russells best performances.
Old 11th November 2013, 11:48 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
I watched The Little Shop of Horrors (1960).
I think there's only one version?
I thought the cover was of the 1986 Frank Oz musical version, which is why I asked. There is only one version of the 1960 Roger Corman version.
bdc and troggi like this.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:48 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought the cover was of the 1986 Frank Oz musical version, which is why I asked. There is only one version of the 1960 Roger Corman version.
Was thinking you confused it with the later musical version.
troggi likes this.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Day Of The Triffids (1962)

Is there a good dvd or blu available for this film anywhere ? I have had my dvd for a few years now and the picture is video quality and the the sound bangs on the reel changes. I have read reviews and all say the same thing. Even the R1 release is poor I am told.

Could be one for Arrow to restore.
Old 11th November 2013, 12:52 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I wish there was as this is a really fun one.
troggi likes this.
Old 11th November 2013, 04:46 PM
Active Cultist

Did an Alien Aliens double header with my daughter this weekend, and by myself The Meat Grinder and Machine Girl. Lazy weekend as you can tell
Old 11th November 2013, 05:18 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
Saw this (extended) at the cinema with Gaspar Noe in attendance. That was a trip. Got to meet him after too.

Personally I loved it. I picked up the German BD, but haven't watched it yet.
Yeah very accomplished and it was certainly better than Tree of Life which is nearest thing I can compare it to in recent years (in terms of form). Just found my attention drifting frequently - which I can't say about Irreversible. Don't think you'll be disappointed w/ the BD - looks incredible
troggi likes this.
Old 11th November 2013, 06:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Texas chainsaw massacre

Not much to say about this classic. 8.5/10

Texas chainsaw massacre 2.

Loved it, completely bonkers and Dennis hopper has to be seen to be belived. Makes leather faces family look nearly normal. Great gore and dark humor and has to have the best chainsaw battle in any movie. I actually like this more than the first and will probably get band for say it. 9.5/10

The wolf man

My favroite werewolf movie closely followed by American werewolf in London. Not much more to say than its a true classic and Lon Chaney jr gives a great "Everyman " performance in a role he made his own. 10/10

Next up bubba ho tep
Old 11th November 2013, 07:05 PM
Cult Addict

Watched The Creeping Flesh with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing last night.
Don't know why but I've been wanting to watch this film for years, ever since I set the video to record it one night back when i were a young un and my mum decided it were inappropriate for a 13/14( can't remember exactly) year old to watch so stopped it recording. They did that a few times to me, used to really chug me off.
Anyway a bit of a disappointing film really, probably not helped by the fact I've had years expecting more of it.
Old 11th November 2013, 07:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Watched The Creeping Flesh with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing last night.
Don't know why but I've been wanting to watch this film for years, ever since I set the video to record it one night back when i were a young un and my mum decided it were inappropriate for a 13/14( can't remember exactly) year old to watch so stopped it recording. They did that a few times to me, used to really chug me off.
Anyway a bit of a disappointing film really, probably not helped by the fact I've had years expecting more of it.
It's that film (and more than likely the very same screening on the BBC) that got me into Hammer/Amicus/Tigon etc all those years ago, I remember talking about it at school the next day and getting bored and blank looks off my friends
trebor8273 and troggi like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!

Like this? Share it using the links below!