All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th September 2014, 11:43 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalTLD View Post
I watched The Burning about a dozen times in preparation for Monday's show for Travis and Vic's Drunken Horror Adventures.

I've been watching John Dies At The End off and on but can't seem to get through the whole thing. It's not bad...just isn't keeping my interest, really.
Some ppl just don't get my sense of humour or wit sarcasm. etc etc

I've never seen John dies at the end . but I joked to a friend why it called that because we know the ending now. And he said why? I said he dies at the end, he looked at me and said how do you know ? I replied because it says so in title of the of the film,
To which he said he might not die at the end so I replied well if he doesn't then that's false advertising , he just looked at me as if I'm stupid and said why ?
nosferatu42 likes this.

Last edited by gag; 5th September 2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old 5th September 2014, 05:11 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
Runaway nightmare.

Some late night pre-bed entertainment. Runaway nightmare is some kind of freakish desert based acid laced oddity that feels like it was shot in the manson family's old stomping grounds. Two blokes in the desert farming worms witness a woman being buried in the desert. They dig her up and are promptly kidnapped by a gang of female gun runners, used as dogsbodys'/sex slaves and then drawn in to some kind of heist/revenge against 'the cartel' . Theres lots of wandering round the desert compound attempting to be profound while discharging firearms, a fair bit of sex and then the heist itself as well as some kind of crptic vampire sub plot that seems to be working as both a metaphor for power dynamic and an anti-nuclear statement.

I'm not sure what kind of bin Vinegar syndrome found this in but i'm glad they did. This is one of those weird as f*** films that would normall surface in some kind of ragged beat up print in a 50 film set released by mill creek. Here Vinegar syndrome have given it a full restortation so it can sit proudly next to the well retored night train to terror and massage parlour murders!

The blu-ray is region free and looks genuinely impressive. If you like ropey post hippie desert based psychadelia with pretensions to art then you will probably get a lot of enjoyment out of this. Gore hounds looking for something a bit more down to earth will probably walk away a little bewildered.

Glad you liked it! It's madness incarnate, isn't it? Well on its way to becoming an all time fave of mine, and certainly the best freaked out thing I've seen all year.
Old 5th September 2014, 05:57 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Goto Isle Of Love.

First viewing thought PQ was amongst the very best I have seen but the film was meh!, decided to give it another go. Much better second time around.

Pit Stop.

What a gem of a film thoroughly enjoyed it.
keirarts likes this.
Old 5th September 2014, 06:02 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
Glad you liked it! It's madness incarnate, isn't it? Well on its way to becoming an all time fave of mine, and certainly the best freaked out thing I've seen all year.
I got home from a family meal, stuck it on and ten minutes in promptly fell asleep thanks to the beer. Woke up through that ending. Set it playing again and watched iot properly with that odd slightly unreal feeling I seem to have when waking up. I think that helped some. Certainly an oddity though and highly recommended.
Old 5th September 2014, 09:59 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

It's great to see one or two people have had a look at Stitchface recently.

Also pleased Frankie enjoyed the loopy Brit flick Kannibal.
Frankie Teardrop likes this.
Old 5th September 2014, 10:32 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buboven View Post
Personally I LOVED Pacific Rim, made me feel like a big kid. So entertaining. Quite annoyed that I put off seeing it at the cinema because of the negative reception it got. I think that it is slightly superior to Godzilla.
So do I. I just analyze everything in the same way.... arthouse, blockbuster, low budget, high art....tis aw the same to me...

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th September 2014, 11:56 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

St George's Day (2012)

A good cast of former Eastenders, mixed with wannabee Eastenders, minus Danny Dyer who is in Eastenders, are wasted in this directionless, actionless, overlong, mess of a modern London gangland film. Lacking any of the humour that made Guy Ritchie's similar films so much fun, St George's Day almost borders on the pointless with it's story that has ideas but never fully utilizes any of them and results in a shouty, sweary, seen it all before bore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg st-george's-day-film-new-quad-poster_jpg.jpg (37.7 KB, 3 views)
Old 5th September 2014, 12:35 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

The Children (1980)

The Children (of Ravensback) is a creepy little low budget film that doesn't promise much on the surface, but ends up delivering a fairly entertaining little horror film by the time the credits roll.

The parents of Ravensback are all in a panic as their children have not come home after school. The school bus has been way-laid by means of a toxic gas cloud and all the children have become irradiating zombie-esque monsters with a vendetta against adults (particularly their own parents) and a penchant for black nail varnish.

Despite the premise and the budget involved the film manages to carry some tension with decent effect, almost exhibiting a Village of the Damned quality at times ....and although both are certainly very different films, the tone to Ravensback often reminded me of the '60s classic. The effects work is also pretty decent, and although a few of the kills are carried out off-screen there is a decent amount of slaughter and adults vs. children action, which in turn helps he story along with minimal lulls in pace.

The score also reminded me of Friday the 13th, which was no surprise, as having watched the film I discovered that both scores were done by Harry Manfredini the same year.

Overall, I had fun with this one and would definitely watch it again.

Originally posted here: Nightmare USA Films Discussion Thread
Old 5th September 2014, 12:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

I am a ghost

Never heard of this and come across it and googled it reviews where good so I gave it a go.

Wasnt disappointed filmed in b/w its a film with a difference.
Films about ghost seances mediums etc are shown from the person / character etc point of view, This is shown entirely as if from the ghost point of view Emily.
She is the only character in the film and the rest is just voices as if she hearing someone from the living side contacting her.
Emily doesn't realise she dead at first and goes about what she thinks is her every day life.
The film plays a lot of scenes over and over again but slowly explaining more along the way in each scene . Its a extremely slow burner but very well made and interesting as it slowly plodds along until you find out what really happened to her.
Felt the the film could have been longer and helped Emily move on instead just ends when you find out exactly how she died . The actress who plays Emily is very convincing as a ghost .
Either way the film is very interesting and won't dissapoint . its also a short film barely over a hr. If never seen this film then I recommend seek it out watch and enjoy.

http://rare-horror.com/2014/03/27/i-...t-2012-review/
Old 5th September 2014, 03:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Picnic At Hanging Rock (1975, Peter Weir) Second Sight UK dvd.

Since twas the "bonus" disc I have been left with, featuring the "long" version. Less eerie than I remembered, more lyrical imo. I suppose I could always get the 2 dvd set etc.....
Ahem. You don't ask, you don't get.......went back to complain about this state of affairs, and ended up with a sealed copy of Ponyo (UK dvd) as compenstation!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!