Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd December 2009, 06:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Forget Me Not (2009).
Typical teen horror but with a twist that I dont think has been done before, if it has then be kool to know where its been used before.
Its a ghost revenge story and quite typical and has its cliches but in this story if the ghost kills you then you get erased as if you never existed and only this gal who ceated to the ghost so to speak remembers all the friends that the ghost has killed.

It was entertaining although the end kinda sucked so overall 7/10.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:22 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Just watched Dust Devil. Kinda dissapointed after hearing so much about it over the years. Was ok but nothing special. The great head explosion was the highlight for me
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:58 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Found this guys myspace page about The Video Dead. Apparently it was going to get a dvd release in american in october by a company that didn't own the rights and the release was blocked by the rightfull owners,MGM.They said they will consider it for a dvd release if there is enough demand.They also showed it on the MGM-HD channel in november,so there's a lovely widescreen print just lying there.This guy has also done a few mock-up dvd covers and I must say,they look incredible.Would love to see these sitting on my shelf.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=491309762
Bloody brilliant.
If only eh?

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 23rd December 2009, 12:32 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

just finished watching District 9, bloody amazing, one of the most original Sci-fi films ive ever seen and ive seen alot of Sci-fi. It starts off as a sort of reversal of humans living in poverty to Alien refugee's living in poverty and turns into this all out action film with big alien guns, Mechs and explosions, why the **** didn't they let Neil Blomkamp make a Halo movie, this guy would have done it justice. This was awesome. Infact i shall do a full review of this in Pedro's Movie Review Corner with in the near future.......Highly recommended.
Old 23rd December 2009, 06:50 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
just finished watching District 9, bloody amazing, one of the most original Sci-fi films ive ever seen and ive seen alot of Sci-fi. It starts off as a sort of reversal of humans living in poverty to Alien refugee's living in poverty and turns into this all out action film with big alien guns, Mechs and explosions, why the **** didn't they let Neil Blomkamp make a Halo movie, this guy would have done it justice. This was awesome. Infact i shall do a full review of this in Pedro's Movie Review Corner with in the near future.......Highly recommended.

This is getting my movie of the year award. For me this was an absolute flawless movie. CGI was brilliant and never too much, action was great and some very dark humour in there without going down the parody route.
Counting down the minutes til the blu ray release!
Old 23rd December 2009, 07:28 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Watched the first two Naked Gun films recently (maybe watch the third tonight! ). I also watched a screener copy of Tapeworm coutesy of Mr Slicer!

I found it reminded me of Andrey Iskanov's Nails - it has some good gore effects in it too.
Old 23rd December 2009, 08:43 AM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitchslicer View Post
awesome find, all my charity shops have are workout videos
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
This is getting my movie of the year award. For me this was an absolute flawless movie. CGI was brilliant and never too much, action was great and some very dark humour in there without going down the parody route.
Counting down the minutes til the blu ray release!
I got my D9 bluray steelook yesterday

I agree on what u said but I disagree with best movie of the year, for me that was Star Trek and D9 came a close second.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 23rd December 2009, 10:53 AM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbv View Post
Just watched Dust Devil. Kinda dissapointed after hearing so much about it over the years. Was ok but nothing special. The great head explosion was the highlight for me
Dust Devil is one of those films that you either love or hate.I'm in the love camp (not an SS Experiment one before anyone asks ) It's a pretty slow film but very atmospheric and Robert Burke makes a great villain ( if you want to call him that) and If you're a fan like me,then the Subversive Cimema 5 disc dvd set is nothing short of amazing.
Old 23rd December 2009, 05:54 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I got my D9 bluray steelook yesterday

I agree on what u said but I disagree with best movie of the year, for me that was Star Trek and D9 came a close second.
Star Trek was top quality alright although I was so let down by Simon Pegg. I love everything he's done but the character was trying way too hard to be the clumsy funny idiot.Made me cringe.
The guy who played Bones was amazing though, got all his mannerisms perfectly.

Like this? Share it using the links below!