All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th January 2015, 07:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought Return of the King was the weakest of the trilogy, with Fellowship of the Ring as the best – the final instalment was too long and had too many endings.
I think that's how most people felt, but for some reason I like the last one. But it is a nearly perfect trilogy. The Star Wars(original trilogy ) of its generation. While the hobbit was not quite as good it's still a excellent group of films and is far better than the Star Wars prequels.
Old 14th January 2015, 07:32 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
I think that's how most people felt, but for some reason I like the last one. But it is a nearly perfect trilogy. The Star Wars(original trilogy ) of its generation. While the hobbit was not quite as good it's still a excellent group of films and is far better than the Star Wars prequels.
To be honest, that's not particularly hard!

In terms of perfect trilogies, I believe only Toy Story and Richard Linklater's 'Before' trilogy count. Both trilogies comprise near-perfect films, which are all cinematic masterpieces in their own right.
antmumford and trebor8273 like this.
Old 14th January 2015, 07:48 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
To be honest, that's not particularly hard!

In terms of perfect trilogies, I believe only Toy Story and Richard Linklater's 'Before' trilogy count. Both trilogies comprise near-perfect films, which are all cinematic masterpieces in their own right.
I'd say Kieslowski's 'Three Colours' trilogy would certainly qualify in that particular category.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th January 2015, 07:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Back To The Future is a contender for me, along with the original Star Wars films and the first 3 Indiana Jones films. The Godfather would've been a contender if part 3 wasn't such a let down compared to quite possibly the greatest sequel of all time that it followed
keirarts and fuzzymctiger like this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th January 2015, 08:13 PM
Cult Addict

The Flesh Trilogy for me.
Old 14th January 2015, 08:24 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'd say Kieslowski's 'Three Colours' trilogy would certainly qualify in that particular category.
Although I enjoyed it, I don't think 'White' is as good as the other two and is slightly disappointing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Back To The Future is a contender for me, along with the original Star Wars films and the first 3 Indiana Jones films. The Godfather would've been a contender if part 3 wasn't such a let down compared to quite possibly the greatest sequel of all time that it followed
Also, whilst enjoyable, I don't think any of the Back To The Future movies are all time greats, same goes for Star Wars – particularly the one with the Eewoks – the writing and direction (particularly in the first one) can be pretty poor. Harrison Ford summed it up when he said "George, you can type this shit, but you can't say it!"
Old 14th January 2015, 09:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Although I enjoyed it, I don't think 'White' is as good as the other two and is slightly disappointing.

Also, whilst enjoyable, I don't think any of the Back To The Future movies are all time greats, same goes for Star Wars – particularly the one with the Eewoks – the writing and direction (particularly in the first one) can be pretty poor. Harrison Ford summed it up when he said "George, you can type this shit, but you can't say it!"
Your on your own there Nos. Three brilliant films, to not call the first film an all time great is daft when it clearly is. To say the Star Wars films aren't all time greats is a little ridiculous.

It's all opinion of course. But generally at least four of those six films Rik mentioned are all time greats. Obviously not to you though.
Old 14th January 2015, 09:37 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Iron man

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421274623.451694.jpg

The film that launched the marvel movie juggernaut and revitalised Robert Downey Jrs career. Works thanks to the script, acting but mainly it's down to Robert Downey JR. who is Tony Stark and now will be forever linked with the character. 8/10

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421274947.249260.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421274957.242339.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421274966.169759.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421274974.812627.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421274991.807039.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421275000.858514.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421275008.080182.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421275016.554726.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421275026.152133.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1421275036.183080.jpg

Next up in the marvel movie marathon the Incredible Hulk (2008)

Last edited by trebor8273; 14th January 2015 at 09:47 PM.
Old 14th January 2015, 09:47 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Your on your own there Nos. Three brilliant films, to not call the first film an all time great is daft when it clearly is. To say the Star Wars films aren't all time greats is a little ridiculous.

It's all opinion of course. But generally at least four of those six films Rik mentioned are all time greats. Obviously not to you though.
I love the Back to the Future films but, even though they are very good – the first especially so – the second and third films would not be on my list of the top 100 greatest films ever made, whereas all three Toy Story films and Before Sunrise, Before Sunset and Before Midnight would. The first two Godfather films would also be there, but not The Godfather Part III.

It is personal opinion and extremely subjective I know, but they were the high standards I said when talking about the trilogies as a whole.
keirarts likes this.
Old 14th January 2015, 09:53 PM
Cult Acolyte

Recently had a Chris Farley triple bill of: Tommy Boy, Black Sheep and Beverley Hills Ninja.

Like this? Share it using the links below!