Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179729Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2008, 05:43 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Carver arrived in the post this morning.Looks like a brutal movie.
Hmm,triple bill,carver,frontiers and inside....
Old 15th August 2008, 07:09 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by TALL DUDE View Post
Carver arrived in the post this morning.Looks like a brutal movie.
Hmm,triple bill,carver,frontiers and inside....
Ooooh! Sounds good! I've been meaning to see Frontiers. Tell us what you think of it Tall Dude will ya

I just ordered the following (all for 3.99!!!!!!!!! except the last one which was 4.99! Still a bargain - and I luv bargains!)

- Silence Of The Lambs
- From Dusk Till Dawn
- The Cat In The Brain
- Fright Night
- Alligator / Alligator 2: The Mutation
- Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
- Hatchet For The Honeymoon
-Pet Semetery

The Postman's gonna have his hands full as they'll probs come all the same day!!!!
Old 17th August 2008, 06:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

H6 Diary of a Serial Killer

Philleh, I watched this film you recommended.

As far as censorship is concerned it doesn't surprise me that the BBFC passed it uncut as the violence is rather restrained. There are only 2 scenes that could have had problems here. The scene at 17m and the scene at 46m. These are the lengthy torture scenes involving women. The latter scene is virtually a re run of the first scene. Anyway there was never any question that the BBFC would have considered cuts here. The women for a start are allowed to keep their clothes on, which greatly reduces any chance of cuts. Even during the several rape scenes (Part of the torture scenes) the attacker keeps his clothes on. We know for sure that in a more exploitative film this would never happen. This type of restraint will always go down well with the BBFC. Then of course you have the chainsaw murders, but again there is no explicit detail just shots of blood splashing over faces. Apart from the rape and chainsaw attack there is no other violence. I thought the scenes were quite acceptable. Of course there is other violence in the film directed at men. The staircase murder was quite sadistic as well as drawn out.

Compared to Murder Set Pieces - very tame. But it is a far better film, and Antonio Frau as the killer turns in a excellent performance.
Old 18th August 2008, 07:47 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds View Post
"The Lost Boys"

An absolutly amazing film! Probably who of the greatest vampire films of all time and one of the greatest films of the 80's! It's soooo good! And I love the little references in it too like TCM, Peter Pan, Edgar Allan Poe, etc. BRILLIANT! Definetly deserves a 5/5!

5/5!!!!
Whatever you do,stay clear of Lost Boys:The Tribe.Biggest pile of steaming dogturd I have ever seen in my life.Not even Corey Fledman and a quick appearance by a drugged out Corey Haim could save it.Already heard talk of a part 3.....GOD HELP US
Old 18th August 2008, 07:56 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

That bad eh?
Old 18th August 2008, 08:09 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I suppose if there hadn't been a Lost Boys 1 it would be passable.Not even the naked breasts can save it lol
Old 19th August 2008, 09:19 AM
Cultist

I bought Pieces for ?1.00 in Woolworths - not a bad little film and well worth a quid. Someone mentioned it here but I can't remember who (sorry) but they commented on Linda Day's "Baaaaaastarrrrrrd" so when it came on I was in fits of laughter, especially as she says it three times and each time more hysterical - brilliant. The ending is rather bizarre though and totally unexpected.

I also bought Spiders, also from Woolies for a quid. Hmmmm.... Shite mostly but some good bits... again worth a quid.

Another purchase was Hatchet. I'm glad I bought this at a bargain price because I was very disappointed. There is some nice work here with some decent scenes but mostly it was just re-treads of older films we've seen (a hundred times) before like Friday 13th etc. Wasn't sure if it was meant to be a horror or a piss take to be honest.
Old 19th August 2008, 10:55 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve View Post
I bought Pieces for ?1.00 in Woolworths - not a bad little film and well worth a quid. Someone mentioned it here but I can't remember who (sorry) but they commented on Linda Day's "Baaaaaastarrrrrrd" so when it came on I was in fits of laughter, especially as she says it three times and each time more hysterical - brilliant.
It's a hilarious film. The 'Bad chop suey' sequence is a real giggle, plus Paul L Smiths's Hulk impersonation during his attempted arrest.
Old 19th August 2008, 12:30 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Whatever you do,stay clear of Lost Boys:The Tribe.Biggest pile of steaming dogturd I have ever seen in my life.
That's a shame, I was kind of looking forward to seeing the Frog brothers back in action. I'll just have to stick to the comic series they brought out to coincide with it 'Lost Boys: Reign of Frogs' that's pretty good.
Old 19th August 2008, 04:45 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
That's a shame, I was kind of looking forward to seeing the Frog brothers back in action. I'll just have to stick to the comic series they brought out to coincide with it 'Lost Boys: Reign of Frogs' that's pretty good.
Yeah,only Corey feldman returns with an end credits appearance by Corey Haim.Jamison Newlander does appear as Alan Frog in the alternate endings on the dvd/blu-ray though and I have read that the 3 of them will apparently be the stars of Lost Boys 3,If anything comes of it.The director of The Tribe has said that it's been quite successful for Warner so we may well see the third part soon.

Like this? Share it using the links below!