LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th August 2016, 08:29 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Really looking forward to watching Nice Guys looks good from the trailers.
I thoroughly enjoyed it. It is very similar to Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, but that isn't really a negative!
Old 9th August 2016, 09:33 PM
Cult Addict

I rated Nice guys a lot when I went to see it at the cinema. One of my films of the year so far.
Cinematic Shocks likes this.
Old 9th August 2016, 10:01 PM
Cult Acolyte

It's out on DVD here in a couple of weeks, will rent. Didn't come to the cinema, of course.
keirarts likes this.
Old 9th August 2016, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

finding dory

well as people might know i was going to see suicide squad, but that didn't pan out for a number of reasons

A. who i was going with car broke

B. got the bus to goto his and see the film at the cinema near him, but unfortunately the bus i got was so slow that if the drive drove any slower he would of went backwards so missed the show we were going to see.

C. when we got there the showing was full so decided on Dory.

back on topic

i was glad a did, fantastic, funny and heartwarming and very emotional in places, had a tear in my eye a few times. was great to meet all friends again and along the way meets some new ones. also the short was fantastic took a few moments for the penny to drop it was CGi. a great film that will give a warm glow to the even most jaded person. 9/10
Old 9th August 2016, 10:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
finding dory

a great film that will give a warm glow to the even most jaded person. 9/10
It's a cartoon fish! I seriously doubt it!
Old 9th August 2016, 10:44 PM
Cult Master

12489243_1674589672821667_4430624289856009994_o.jpg

While its fresh in my mind because believe me folks this is pretty forgettable.

Im not sure what the plot was really first they assemble a group of bad guys to protect America against an attack from what i'm not sure but suddenly one of the group goes rogue and that becomes the primary mission that's the story.

I don't go out of my way to watch comic book films because there are very few that i enjoy or have interest in watching in the first place. From the first trailer i thought i'll have a bit of this i have always loved DC it's darker grittier more edgy than the Marvel universe which for me was always too clean cut so i want my DC adaptations to suit the mood of the comics. Suicide Squad just felt like a copy and paste Marvel blockbuster and not even a good one. Harley Quinn just started to annoy me very early on she didn't come across crazy like the actual character she just seemed like a spoilt attention seeking teenager craving approval and saying things just for reaction. Here is something i never thought i would say but the best person in the film was Will Smith i am not his biggest fan but here he was really good and likeable. The other members of the team were just very bland and were just supporting cast to Deadshot and Harley which is a shame because they are all interesting characters. The Jokers screen time is very very very limited which is a shame it's hard to judge if Jared Leto is a good Joker or not because we hardly see him. One thing i will say is i am a big fan of Jared Leto's acting and you can see that he IS the Joker he really did look the part there is plenty of crazy in those eyes.

I saw somewhere maybe even here that it was like a glorified music video at the time i thought what the hell but now i understand many times scenes were strung together like back to back MTV videos stuff was happening but the music was drowning out all other sound on the screen just felt very odd.

I am majorly disappointed maybe a director's cut Blu Ray will make it better but my advice would be to wait and rent or buy the complete edition when its released.

I should of went to see Star Trek
Old 9th August 2016, 10:57 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Attachment 181259

While its fresh in my mind because believe me folks this is pretty forgettable.

Im not sure what the plot was really first they assemble a group of bad guys to protect America against an attack from what i'm not sure but suddenly one of the group goes rogue and that becomes the primary mission that's the story.

I don't go out of my way to watch comic book films because there are very few that i enjoy or have interest in watching in the first place. From the first trailer i thought i'll have a bit of this i have always loved DC it's darker grittier more edgy than the Marvel universe which for me was always too clean cut so i want my DC adaptations to suit the mood of the comics. Suicide Squad just felt like a copy and paste Marvel blockbuster and not even a good one. Harley Quinn just started to annoy me very early on she didn't come across crazy like the actual character she just seemed like a spoilt attention seeking teenager craving approval and saving things just for reaction. Here is something i never thought i would say but the best person in the film was Will Smith i am not his biggest fan but here he was really good and likeable. The other members of the team were just very bland and were just supporting cast to Deadshot and Harley which is a shame because they are all interesting characters. The Jokers screen time is very very very limited which is a shame it's hard to judge if Jared Leto is a good Joker or not because we hardly see him. One thing i will say is i am a big fan of Jared Leto's acting and you can see that he IS the Joker he really did look the part there is plenty of crazy in those eyes.

I saw somewhere maybe even here that it was like a glorified music video at the time i thought what the hell but now i understand many times scenes were strung together like back to back MTV videos stuff was happening but the music was drowning out all other sound on the screen just felt very odd.

I am majorly disappointed maybe a director's cut Blu Ray will make it better but my advice would be to wait and rent or buy the complete edition when its released.

I should of went to see Star Trek
I haven't seen suicide squad and don't think I will bother now and yes you should of seen star trek:
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:00 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I haven't seen suicide squad and don't think I will bother now and yes you should of seen star trek:
Certainly seems to be more dislike for the film than liking it on here.

And that's putting it kindly.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:05 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Sunday i'll be going to see Star Trek yes sir.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 9th August 2016, 11:06 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Certainly seems to be more dislike for the film than liking it on here.

And that's putting it kindly.
It's a big let down for me all the best bits are in the trailer apart from some of the Joker bits which didn't show up in the film at all.

Like this? Share it using the links below!