Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th September 2016, 03:17 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It's funny because the reasons you state for not liking it are some of the reasons why I really liked it different strokes etc
I wouldn't go as far as saying i didn't like it. Just was disappointed.
Old 5th September 2016, 03:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampix View Post
I recently saw three films that I've not had the opportunity to see before -- 300, The Patriot and The Wolf of Wall Street. Great films!
Just watched wolf of wall street on tv last night, wasnt that impressed and felt it was dragged out at times, and some scenes where just repeated again and again just done different eg with more people.
Could have shaved a good half hour of the film, got bit bored 2hrs in and went to bed.
Old 5th September 2016, 04:42 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

I will be going to the cinema at 8 tonight to see a one off screening of Top Gun one of my favourite films i just hope its not packed with idiots saying the lines along with the film.
Old 5th September 2016, 04:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I will be going to the cinema at 8 tonight to see a one off screening of Top Gun one of my favourite films i just hope its not packed with idiots saying the lines along with the film.
Better hide for me saying this but,
Never watched it, doesnt interest me, and im not a Tom Cruise fan.
Vampix and nosferatu42 like this.
Old 5th September 2016, 04:47 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
:

im not a Tom Cruise fan.
Oh you are one of those are you ?

trebor8273 and iank like this.
Old 5th September 2016, 05:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
Oh you are one of those are you ?

Oh indeed i am, same goes for nicolas cage, Ben stiller, will ferrel, owen wilson.
Im more likely not to watch a film with any of these actors in, even if it was nominated for film of the year. Not that that will likely happen with most of them. Especially With the last 3 more likely to be in top ten 10 worst films of the year.
Old 5th September 2016, 05:28 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Oh indeed i am, same goes for nicolas cage, Ben stiller, will ferrel, owen wilson.
Im more likely not to watch a film with any of these actors in, even if it was nominated for film of the year. Not that that will likely happen with most of them. Especially With the last 3 more likely to be in top ten 10 worst films of the year.
The other three I can understand but Nicolas Cage? I like the guy - you can never predict what his next role will be. Not many A-listers have a filmography as eclectic as his.
Old 5th September 2016, 05:30 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Jason Bourne

Got to agree with the complaints on the camera work of this film.
It stops you from enjoying the film, which is a shame because it isnt to bad,
The camera and angle are all over the place, constantly shaking that when scenes involving showing a txt you struggle to read it, to much zoomed in and pointless close up scenes its distracts you, and thats most of the film, and when action scenes are on it just jumps around quicker than a frog on a hot plate, that you cant get a real grasp of the action and not giving you chance to see it or soak up whats going on.

The fight scene at the end they were so far zoomed in and shaky that it was almost impossible to be able to make out the action.

Shake, rattle, and Bourne! | Roger Ebert's Journal | Roger Ebert
Old 5th September 2016, 05:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBlayne View Post
The other three I can understand but Nicolas Cage? I like the guy - you can never predict what his next role will be. Not many A-listers have a filmography as eclectic as his.
Dont get me wrong im not saying he a bad actor, there just that something about him that i cant quite explain.
MacBlayne likes this.
Old 5th September 2016, 05:33 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Jason Bourne

Got to agree with the complaints on the camera work of this film.
It stops you from enjoying the film, which is a shame because it isnt to bad,
The camera and angle are all over the place, constantly shaking that when scenes involving showing a txt you struggle to read it, to much zoomed in and pointless close up scenes its distracts you, and thats most of the film, and when action scenes are on it just jumps around quicker than a frog on a hot plate, that you cant get a real grasp of the action and not giving you chance to see it or soak up whats going on.

The fight scene at the end they were so far zoomed in and shaky that it was almost impossible to be able to make out the action.

Shake, rattle, and Bourne! | Roger Ebert's Journal | Roger Ebert
Paul Greengrass is going to have stop using his mum's old washing machine as replacement tripod.
gag and nosferatu42 like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!