Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2017, 01:02 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Reanimator and Return of the Living Dead are the only ones i own of the comedy horrors from the 80's.

Even then i've only watched them the once on dvd all the time i've owned them.
An American Werewolf in London is probably my favourite '80s horror comedy hybrid.

Eating Raoul and Fade to Black are also really good, in my opinion (this coming from someone who isn't a massive comedy horror fan).
Old 10th March 2017, 01:09 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
An American Werewolf in London is probably my favourite '80s horror comedy hybrid.

Eating Raoul and Fade to Black are also really good, in my opinion (this coming from someone who isn't a massive comedy horror fan).
I wasn't really thinking of films like the ones highlighted as they weren't from the same 85/86 period as ROTLD, House, Reanimator and the others mentioned. I can't comment on Eating Raoul as i don't think i've seen it, but again it's from 82 rather than the mid 80's.
keirarts likes this.
Old 10th March 2017, 01:14 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
I wasn't really thinking of films like the ones highlighted as they weren't from the same 85/86 period as ROTLD, House, Reanimator and the others mentioned. I can't comment on Eating Raoul as i don't think i've seen it.
Okay, Mr. Pedantic How about... Bad Taste? Blood Diner? Brain Damage? Evil Dead 2? Killer Klowns? Night of the Creeps? Night of the Demons? The Stuff? Vamp?

Old 10th March 2017, 01:21 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Okay, Mr. Pedantic How about... Bad Taste? Blood Diner? Brain Damage? Evil Dead 2? Killer Klowns? Night of the Creeps? Night of the Demons? The Stuff? Vamp?

Thought you didn't like horror comedy? Seems like your go to genre.

Bad Taste isn't a film i own, i prefer Brain Dead as far as New Zealand zaniness goes.

Blood Diner. Well i have it but can't remember it at all.

Brain Damage was okay but not Hennenlotter's best in my opinion.

Evil Dead 2. You'll notice this series of films never crop up in top 10's of mine. I own them all but can't say they are faves at all.

Night of the Creeps is fine and Night of the Demons is by far the best of those listed. The Stuff bored me senseless.

Never seen Killer Klowns or Vamp.

Quote:
I think it's a mid 80's comedy horror thing which doesn't seem to be my bag at all.

I'm sure i said i wasn't keen on mid 80's comedy horror and i think these comments prove it.
Old 10th March 2017, 01:34 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Thought you didn't like horror comedy? Seems like your go to genre.

Bad Taste isn't a film i own, i prefer Brain Dead as far as New Zealand zaniness goes.

Blood Diner. Well i have it but can't remember it at all.

Brain Damage was okay but not Hennenlotter's best in my opinion.

Evil Dead 2. You'll notice this series of films never crop up in top 10's of mine. I own them all but can't say they are faves at all.

Night of the Creeps is fine and Night of the Demons is by far the best of those listed. The Stuff bored me senseless.

Never seen Killer Klowns or Vamp.

I'm sure i said i wasn't keen on mid 80's comedy horror and i think these comments prove it.
Just trying to add a little perspective to the blanket statement regarding '80s horror comedies!

Oh, and I agree with a lot of your comments too btw. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of horror comedies in general and there are only a handful that I rate highly and return to regularly.
Old 10th March 2017, 01:36 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Just trying to add a little perspective to the blanket statement regarding '80s horror comedies!

Oh, and I agree with a lot of your comments too btw. Like I said, I'm not a big fan of horror comedies in general and there are only a handful that I rate highly and return to regularly.
Seeing as i'm being pedantic (whilst waiting for a phone call which drives me nuts) my blanket statement was only about mid 80's horror comedies.
Old 10th March 2017, 01:39 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Seeing as i'm being pedantic (whilst waiting for a phone call which drives me nuts) my blanket statement was only about mid 80's horror comedies.
A phone call that relates to your latest prescription of anti-pedantry medication no doubt.
Old 10th March 2017, 01:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
A phone call that relates to your latest prescription of anti-pedantry medication no doubt.
Old 10th March 2017, 02:52 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Probably for an order of ponchos so he can make more wholly blanket statements.
Old 10th March 2017, 04:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

I WAS A TEENAGE FRANKENSTEIN (1958)

Prof Frankenstein uses the bodies of athletic teens who have died in crashes to build a man. The face is the last to be transplanted and as such bears the horrific accident injuries. Unhappy at her snooping around the monster is tricked by Frankenstein and she is killed and dumped in the alligator pit below the lab. The monster is then promised he can pick a new face..

This is a great little drive-in classic.
A good scene is where the Prof saws the mangled limbs off the accident teen with an electric saw. The sound is grating as they pass the severed limbs around. You do actually feel for the monster as he is just a pawn and in one scene he cries from his one eye as the Prof tells him what to do. He just wants to know what is going on.
The real monster is Frankenstein who cares about nothing in his quest to build the perfect man.

Like this? Share it using the links below!