All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st April 2010, 11:39 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
Features the best use of Lennon's Imagine. In the world. Ever.
The moment it started playing the goosebumps kicked in and the lump in my throat started up. It really was a wonderful piece of musical timing :'(

Check out my wife and I's new travel blog www.wepackedourbags.com

My entire Blu Collection for sale: https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/dvd...tion-sale.html
Old 1st April 2010, 11:40 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

watched Bitch Slap last night, odd film but has the most awesome female on female beatdown....wiil pop a review up soon....
Old 1st April 2010, 01:19 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekromantik View Post
I thought it was much better then Amityville remake.
Getting punched in the Gonads is better than the Amittyville Remake
Old 1st April 2010, 01:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
Hehe... You've gotta love a bit of 80s Eddie! (I watched Trading Places not long ago for the first time...looked like Eddie and Dan had so much fun making it!

I thought Judge Reinhold's character was great in the beverly hills movies; I wonder whatever happened to him!?
Judge Reinhold will be in BEVERLY HILLS COP 4
Old 1st April 2010, 02:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
I think it's alot of fun. Really good Lenzi film.

I re-watched The Mist last night. I enjoyed it the first time but loved it the second time. Great mainstream fodder.
When the Mist came out at the cinema, I (and 2 or 3 at work) got a strange case of deja vu..... we were certain we had seen an earlier version of the movie (maybe made for TV). Even though we had not seen the Mist we all could recount scenes in vivid detail from a movie that were almost identical. After searching the tinterweb, there were many other people posting on forums that they too had seen something very similar, but no one could name the original movie or find any link! I have since seen the Mist and it is/was almost identical!!!

Anyone help?????? It's driving me nuts!!! Oh and no, I never read the book.

Old 1st April 2010, 04:03 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

possibly Phantoms, that had the same sort of feel as the mist and a scene featuring winged creatures attacking a police station like the ones that attacked the shopping center. it's got ben affleck and liev shrieber and peter o'tool in it. it's based on a dean koontz story.
here's the link to it on imdb
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0119891/

just watched Paranormal Activity, that was a pretty decent flick, not very scary but then again i was watching it at home and guess the cinema is the best place to see it. still very cool though and 100 times better than The 4th Kind
Old 1st April 2010, 04:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
possibly Phantoms, that had the same sort of feel as the mist and a scene featuring winged creatures attacking a police station like the ones that attacked the shopping center. it's got ben affleck and liev shrieber and peter o'tool in it. it's based on a dean koontz story.
Nah it's not that .. kinda similar tho!

I seem to remember a storm at the beginning and a tree falling thru the neighbours boat house, and the grumpy old guy wanting compensation Oh and the lead guy had just moved into town after separating from his wife and the new house wasn't finished ... or have I confused myself with seeing The Mist now!??!?!?

Old 1st April 2010, 04:28 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Not a movie,but I found the dean Koontz novel,The Taking,very similar to The Mist.
Old 1st April 2010, 05:51 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevoj View Post
Not a movie,but I found the dean Koontz novel,The Taking,very similar to The Mist.
Thanks chief, but was definately a movie ... grrrr! It's driving me nutsssssss!

Old 2nd April 2010, 08:10 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Blood Rain
This is a murder mystery with some genuinely disturbing images. Set on a remote South Korean island in 1808 during the Joseon Dynasty it also contains some supernatural elements which are never overplayed. The pacing may be a bit slow for some, and like most Korean films it does stretch out its playing time to almost two hours, but if you stick with it there are rewards.

Q: The Winged Serpent
This Larry Cohen film is typical of his output. It may be low budget but there are plenty of ideas to keep it ticking over. Some of the effects are poor by any standards but the concept of a giant flying serpent attacking the citizens of New York has to be worth a look. David Carradine sleepwalks through his role as a detective trying to get to the bottom of the mysterious killings while Michael Moriarty’s performance as a low-life who stumbles upon the creatures nest and then tries to use it for his own gain is kooky to say the least.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Blood Rain.jpg (6.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Q The Winged Serpent.jpg (7.3 KB, 2 views)

My style? .........You could call it the art of fighting without fighting!

Like this? Share it using the links below!