Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2011, 01:38 PM
Active Cultist

Castle Freak. Not Stuart Gordon's best work. Or Jeffrey Coombs' for that matter. Pretty good for a Full Moon picture, though. The freak is cool and the finale is good fun.
Old 14th August 2011, 04:58 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Watched the Shameless duo of 'Strip nude for your Killer' and 'Night Train Murders', yet again Shameless come up trumps. 'Strip' is a very enjoyable Italian thriller/nudie(they don't call it strip for nothing) from the mid 70s with the adorable Edwige Fenech and a great selection of red herrings, the overweight sleazebag is fab. the print is a 16/9 joy. 'Night' is first off one of Shameless's best lookers so far, this was made in 74 and the print is virtually a flawless 16/9 image with nice colour and contrast, upscaled to 1080i the thing looks beautiful. Based on 'Last House on the left' it's a sleazy rip-off Italian style. But it would be amiss of me not to warn that some of the stuff in the 2nd half is grim in intent even if not that graphic. Amazing that this can get thru the bbfc uncut these days, pretty sure this was a banned nasty(could be wrong tho). Nothing too bad by todays standards, but in no way family friendly If you do get it flip the sleeve for a nicer cover IMHO.
bdc likes this.
Old 14th August 2011, 05:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Watched the Shameless duo of 'Strip nude for your Killer' and 'Night Train Murders', yet again Shameless come up trumps. 'Strip' is a very enjoyable Italian thriller/nudie(they don't call it strip for nothing) from the mid 70s with the adorable Edwige Fenech and a great selection of red herrings, the overweight sleazebag is fab. the print is a 16/9 joy. 'Night' is first off one of Shameless's best lookers so far, this was made in 74 and the print is virtually a flawless 16/9 image with nice colour and contrast, upscaled to 1080i the thing looks beautiful. Based on 'Last House on the left' it's a sleazy rip-off Italian style. But it would be amiss of me not to warn that some of the stuff in the 2nd half is grim in intent even if not that graphic. Amazing that this can get thru the bbfc uncut these days, pretty sure this was a banned nasty(could be wrong tho). Nothing too bad by todays standards, but in no way family friendly If you do get it flip the sleeve for a nicer cover IMHO.

Good write-up! Yeah, Night Train Murders was one of the banned video nasties. I agree, the Shameless dvds look lovely when upscaled. I really like Night Train Murders too, prefer it to Last House on the Left to be honest. Might give it another watch later this week.
Old 14th August 2011, 05:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Finally got round to.watching 127 Hours last night. great great film. Franco absolutely nails it. After that, the classic Armour of God. Jackie Chan does Indy? Winner every time.
antmumford likes this.
Old 14th August 2011, 05:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Three Days Of Condor
The Other Guys
Old 14th August 2011, 05:32 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Finally got round to.watching 127 Hours last night. great great film. Franco absolutely nails it. After that, the classic Armour of God. Jackie Chan does Indy? Winner every time.
God, yeah. Armour is first rate fun.
bdc likes this.
Old 14th August 2011, 07:04 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Agree,recently watch Armour again after many years and really enjoyed it.
Old 14th August 2011, 08:29 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Currently watching B.T.K on the Horror channel, I've got a feeling I may have to move this post to the 'worst films' thread considering the reviews I've just read on it. Only watching it because there is bugger all else on and my missus doesn't share the same taste as me so one of my many DVDs is out of the question tonight unfortunately, oh the joys of marriage 

---
- The boat can leave now, tell the crew
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th August 2011, 09:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yep, just as I thought, bag of shite that's almost as bad as Kane Hodder's portrayal of Ed Gein!
platostotal likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 14th August 2011, 10:19 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Yep, just as I thought, bag of shite that's almost as bad as Kane Hodder's portrayal of Ed Gein!
Its not good is it?

I thought Ed Gein was way better than BTK though, and thats only a 4 / 10.

I never buy true life killer films anymore after these two.

Like this? Share it using the links below!