Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179713Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th May 2010, 04:04 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i found Pandorum to be a fantastic sci-fi horror that reminded me alot of Pitch black crossed with the Descent. Excellent film.
Old 13th May 2010, 04:16 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Yes, a lot reminiscent of The Descent, and a damned sight better film than The Descent Part 2!

Great turns from Ben Foster and Dennis Quaid too.
Old 14th May 2010, 12:26 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ben Foster owns everything he's in, 30 Days Of Night, 3:10 To Yuma, Alpha Dog, Hostage and Six Feet Under. it won't be long before this guys gonna get the recognition he deserves.. He's also in the upcoming Bronson remake The Mechanic with Jason Statham. Denis Quaid's an odd one, Lately he's become the senior Horror man with Pandorum, Horsemen of the Apocalypse and Legion, gotta love his Jerry Lee Lewis in Great Balls Of fire, Enemy Mine and Innerspace...
Old 14th May 2010, 03:31 AM
Cultist in Training

Default Recently watched DEATH SHIP (1980)

I've watched the 80's cult classic DEATH SHIP. I didn't watch it back then, so I expected some surprises.

Honestly, I was hooked by the cool poster and the theatrical trailer shown on tv when I was a child. But, I didn't get a chance to watch it until now on dvd.

Well, the film is non-sensical but good for killing time. I didn't regret buying the dvd. I think it's the only DEATH SHIP dvd available worth collecting.

I like the the retrospective interview with George Kennedy, Nick Mancuso, Alvin Rakoff and Jack Hill, which runs for about 40'.

Old 14th May 2010, 05:44 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadAlive View Post

Trick R Treat

Enjoyable but just a tad over hyped horror anthology that Lovefilm finally decided to send to me. It will never take the place of the original Halloween as a seasonal favourite for me, but it may be worth a revisit when it is a little more seasonal.
I LOVE trick r treat!!

yes it was over-hyped but it deserved it, its a very different Halloween themed movie then any other and i love Sam. I really really hope Doherty makes part 2 as he wanted it to be a seasonal anthology series and release a new one every Halloween but after what Lionsgate did, I would not be surprised if it put him off making anymore unless he found a different distributor.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th May 2010, 06:58 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Had an Argento night last night with Inferno and the Card player.
Had seen Inferno a good few times before so that was as brilliant as ever.

The Card player was ok. For a thriller it was fine although the killers motive made no sense to me. But as an Argento movie it lacked so much of the good stuff that is his trademark.
Love the complete Argento trailer reel and the cover is one of Rick's finest!
Old 14th May 2010, 10:25 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

The Intruder

One of the key films of the 60's and a movie that just seems to get better with each viewing. Possibly my favourite Corman film (next to Masque Of The Red Death) and easily William Shatner's finest performance.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:32 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
The Intruder

One of the key films of the 60's and a movie that just seems to get better with each viewing. Possibly my favourite Corman film (next to Masque Of The Red Death) and easily William Shatner's finest performance.
Still not seen this, but I've wanted to for many years. Should get on the case. Is the UK release decent?
Old 14th May 2010, 10:48 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Is the UK release decent?
The print is fullscreen and pretty scratchy on the UK Stax DVD but this adds to the authenticity for me, plus it's uncut. It does include the excellent Shatner/Corman reminiscence chat among the (otherwise limited) extras though.
Old 14th May 2010, 10:49 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Ta, V. I will nab it next week.

Like this? Share it using the links below!