Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Film Discussions (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=563)
-   -   What Films Have You Seen Recently? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-film-discussions/220-what-films-have-you-seen-recently.html)

dougal 24th September 2008 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TALL DUDE (Post 14419)
The term classic was coined not for citizen kane,as many believe,but for the masterpiece that is quadrophenia!
All together now.."we are the mods,we are the mods,we are,we are,we are the mods."
Feckin brilliant.:cool:

Possibly the best film of all time!! :cool:

Halloween_22 26th September 2008 03:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picked up this little beauty in HMV today for 30 quid. All six Babycart/ Lone wolf & Cub films digitally remastered all with nice new matching artwork and info booklets :cool: Definatley worth picking up for that price.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th September 2008 05:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Recieved this today,always meant to get round to seeing it on vhs in the eighties,but never did,so I'm looking forward to it.....
Slightly pissed though-I paid 15 dollars for it from Amazon and it arrived with a BEST BUY price sticker attatched to it for 8.99 dollars.....shafted....:mad:

cloud 26th September 2008 05:12 PM

Just out of curiosity, what's the difference between the BABYCART series and the SHOGUN ASSASSIN ones?

Halloween_22 26th September 2008 05:24 PM

Shogun Assassin was made by combining footage from 'Sword of Vengeance' and 'Babycart at River Styx' to make one film. I think it was those two anyway, not 100% sure.

trench 26th September 2008 05:24 PM

"Shogun Assassin" was released as an English language compilation for the American audience, edited mainly from the second film ("Babycart at the River Styx"), with 11 minutes of footage from the first ("Sword of Vengeance"). Also, the third film, "Baby Cart to Hades" was re-released on DVD in the US under the name "Shogun Assassin 2: Lightning Swords of Death".

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th September 2008 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 14619)
Recieved this today,always meant to get round to seeing it on vhs in the eighties,but never did,so I'm looking forward to it.....
Slightly pissed though-I paid 15 dollars for it from Amazon and it arrived with a BEST BUY price sticker attatched to it for 8.99 dollars.....shafted....:mad:

Anyone else seen this?

cloud 26th September 2008 05:31 PM

But hang about chaps, I'm checking Amazon and there are 4 sequels to Shogun Assassin... my confusion is growing :confused:.

TALL DUDE 26th September 2008 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 14625)
Anyone else seen this?

Yonks ago on the old cic video release.Not bad,wouldnt mind seeing it again.
You know where i am if you want rid.;)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 26th September 2008 05:47 PM

If it's shite,then I know who phone mate.....:jest: