Like Tree179631Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th August 2010, 05:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Just watched mothers day
Ive heard so much about this and eventual got round to watching it
Cant decide what to think about it, its got all the right eliments for horror sleaze fans, but at same time couldnt help thinking it was a pile of crap especialy the acting by god it was terrible
TROMA is currently working on FATHERS DAY.You can watch the trailer for it online.
Old 13th August 2010, 05:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigantor View Post
TROMA is currently working on FATHERS DAY.You can watch the trailer for it online.
To be honest im not a huge fan off troma films (from the ones i have seen Combat shock deffo got to be my fav) i take a guess fathers day going it be similar to mother day
Old 13th August 2010, 09:07 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Caligula was passed uncut because it didn't contain anything that was in breach of current UK laws.
I presume that's laws relating to film as I'm pretty sure I'd be banged up forever if I masturbated over a dead man using his blood as lube then took a pee on him!
Old 13th August 2010, 10:26 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched Scorsese's latest, SHUTTER ISLAND.
Cracking film.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 14th August 2010, 01:32 AM
Cult Rookie

The Runaways

I expected this to be a fun waste of time but it was so much more. You could really tell that Stewart threw herself into her role and Fanning did a really good job too as always. It was a riveting story that I would now like to explore more. I can see this having excellent rewatchability.

Home Sweet Home

Not a bad film but not really a good one either. I do think that it deserves a DVD release. The whole plot of the film was pretty much nonexistent. Maybe I missed it but I had no ****ing idea why all these people were in a house together and why one of them was a freak in mime makeup. The killer was pretty insane and fun to watch. I think it is worth a watch but just don't expect Slasher gold.

Frogs

What a fun movie! I loved the hell out of it. It was a slow burn but never was it boring. I like nature gone amok movies because then the setting can really add to the atmosphere of the film. My one gripe with the film was it felt like it ended before they were ready for it to. I highly recommend this.
Old 14th August 2010, 05:29 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
I presume that's laws relating to film as I'm pretty sure I'd be banged up forever if I masturbated over a dead man using his blood as lube then took a pee on him!
Yes it's laws relating to film. Seeing as the actor in question was only playing dead and urinating on somebody is not prohibited by law the scene was passed. To be honest though I thought they would probably have cut the scene due to obscenity laws but no it was given the all clear.
Old 14th August 2010, 11:14 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Saw Burning Bright last night.

It was a interesting idea for a movie and the director did pull it off in the end but there were quite a few weaknesses in the movie. As far as I could tell most of the tiger scenes were using a real tiger which I was pleased about. Acting was good especially the little kid who was meant to be autistic. Overall it was good but not great, if you wanna waste 90 mins then you should watch it Should at least keep u entertained.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 14th August 2010, 11:26 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I had a bit of a marathon yesterday, watching the commentary on Elvis which is quite informative, The Road which is hardly a bundle of laughs but a good adaptation of Cormac McCarthy's brilliant book than I finished off season one of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles before finishing off with a Charlie Chaplin doublebill of The Gold Rush and Modern Times which are both great movies and look absolutely brilliant in high definition.
Old 14th August 2010, 04:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Naked Blood - Gruesome Japanese horror with some excellent gore fx including the most horrific piece of eyeball violence ever!. I hate anything to do with eyes and almost threw up. Recommended!

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter
Old 14th August 2010, 05:56 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by loops View Post
Naked Blood - Gruesome Japanese horror with some excellent gore fx including the most horrific piece of eyeball violence ever!. I hate anything to do with eyes and almost threw up. Recommended!
That's a favourite of mine. It's a really effective film and yeah, the gore scenes are a cut above most.

I watched 2019: The Fall of New York last night and loved every cheesy second. I'd love Shamless to follow on from the Bronx Warriors set and put out stuff from the this brilliant subgenre.

Like this? Share it using the links below!