Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179635Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 13th December 2022, 12:46 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Indeedy. A revisit will be sooner than laterer ahem.
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Last edited by Demoncrat; 13th December 2022 at 10:25 PM.
Old 13th December 2022, 12:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Indeedy. A revisit will be sooner than laterer hem.
Gonna be the same with me and get the Mrs to watch it
Demoncrat and nicholasrope like this.
Old 13th December 2022, 07:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Fall. 2022.

Two friends who are experienced climbers decide to climb a 2000 foot tall radio tower, when the ladder collapses they try everything to stay alive and find out how to get help.

A few years back there was a trend on YouTube people scaling buildings, walking on the edge of a roof or a thin pole, either they were total daredevils and idiots or just want more hits for their videos, this is a bit like that but also getting your groove back into something you enjoy. This can be quite tense and yeah I was on the edge of my seat, the acting between the two main stars is good and if heights isn't your thing then best avoid this film.

MV5BNGI3MWYwYjItNzZhYi00ZWIzLTkyMzYtN2JmNjg3ODg1NTg4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMwMDA5ODU3._V1_.jpg
Old 13th December 2022, 07:06 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Fall. 2022.

Two friends who are experienced climbers decide to climb a 2000 foot tall radio tower, when the ladder collapses they try everything to stay alive and find out how to get help.

A few years back there was a trend on YouTube people scaling buildings, walking on the edge of a roof or a thin pole, either they were total daredevils and idiots or just want more hits for their videos, this is a bit like that but also getting your groove back into something you enjoy. This can be quite tense and yeah I was on the edge of my seat, the acting between the two main stars is good and if heights isn't your thing then best avoid this film.

Attachment 243859

It did make me feel giddy this one, not the worst film but I don’t think I’d watch it again.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th December 2022, 08:15 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
It did make me feel giddy this one, not the worst film but I don’t think I’d watch it again.
My neighbour recommended it for me to watch as he was feeling sick and dizzy that he couldn't finish it
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 13th December 2022, 08:19 PM
Cult Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
My neighbour recommended it for me to watch as he was feeling sick and dizzy that he couldn't finish it

I hated those bloody vultures too haha
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 13th December 2022, 09:02 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Default Decemberdike # 12

I Bought a Vampire Motorcycle (1990)

How the hell have i not seen this before?

Neil Morrissey buys a motorbike which appears to have a life of it's own, especially at night where it goes out on bloody killing sprees.

A film with pretty much everything. It's like a crazed biker's version of The Evil Dead in tone. Pretty much everything is thrown at the screen as the bike decapitates folk, drains their blood using pipes and grows it's own horns and axle blades in true chariot racing style. We also get C3PO actor Anthony Daniels as an exorcism performing biker priest, a garlic chewing Michael Elphick not to mention western style bar room brawls and casual sexism galore. All that's missing really is a Motorhead soundtrack.

The effects are cheap and cheerful and the riderless bike on the attack is a pretty bizarre thing to take in. I'm sure the film makers must have seen 1973's Psychomania and thought to themselves "How can we make this really f*cking crazy?"

Watch with your sense of humour levels set to eleven and it's a great splatter comedy.

All that and i forgot to mention Burt Kwouk as Chinese takeaway owner Fu King and Morrisey's discussion with a talking turd in a pub toilet.

Watched via the extras laden Screenbound Blu-ray which looks great even though it's 1080I:50
Old 13th December 2022, 09:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

I remember that from when I was a kid.
Old 13th December 2022, 09:52 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Virtuosity

Russell Crowe is a Virtual Reality Killer who is made up with the personalities of several Serial Killers who ends up getting put into a body and goes on a rampage. Denzel Washington is a former Policeman, who murdered one of Crowe's personalities is released from Prison to stop him. William Forsyth, William Ficthner, Kelly Lynch and a 9 year old Kaley Cuoco Co-Star.

I remember picking this up in a January Sales from HMV in 97, for 7.99 on VHS (Bargin back then) it's not the greatest Film but it's definitely watchable.

Cannibal Holocaust

This is the 88 Film's Blu-Ray release and considering I've seen the Film multiple times, I was interested in the Audio Commentary from Barry Forshaw and Kim Newman.

They basically gave an overview of the Film, it's many controversies and the Cannibal Genre along with notes about the Cast and Crew. I was hoping that they would have gone into greater detail into the Film's major talking points but do bring up some great points as well.

They did go over the Animal stuff (Had to look away during but could hear the sound from the Film) and I'm glad they mentioned and called out that The Long Road To Hell scene could have been faked. It's something that got lost in the shuffle amongst it's many other talking points.

The picture looked in pristine condition and looked amazing, not gone through the other features other than watching The Trailers but it does look like 88 Films have hit another one out of the park.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg v.jpg (8.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg ch.jpg (17.5 KB, 3 views)
Old 13th December 2022, 10:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

That's some double bill n. Kudos!!

Smile (2022, Parker Finn)

The first thing I thought was "she was in Neighbours".
I digress.
The Hilary Swank you get off Wish. Best set up / pay off that I've seen in a good while. Great end title song. More showy than It Follows I felt.
Hmmmm.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]

Like this? Share it using the links below!