Like Tree179666Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th May 2011, 10:50 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by necroluciferia View Post
I thought it was a great film!

Watched Inferno Of Torture last night. Japanese pinky film by Teruo Ishii, visually very nice but pretty weak in the plot dept.
to be honest i had to watch most of it from behind my hands, i cant watch anything happening to nails makes me feel so sick and so most of the grusome scenes i didnt really see
Old 7th May 2011, 11:15 PM
Cultist

I ordered Hard revenge Milly after reading the post by rotoZOMBIE from a few days ago (and watching the trailer) for a bargain price from Amazon. It arrived today and I just finished watching. I wasn't disappointed. Revenge doesn't come much crazier or bloodier than this! The second part, especially, was superb. Cheers mate, for bringing these films to my attention.
Old 7th May 2011, 11:17 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Watched Vigilante (1983) last night.
I thought Robert Forster and Fred Williamson were really good,Forster even excellent in this one.
Nice to see Joe Spinell pop up as well btw.
A grim crime film that manages to be thought provoking.

I was just about to buy the AWE release of this, then saw the BD trailer from Blue Underground on YouTube . It looks very good indeed and I'm looking forward to picking it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
It's Alive - I was expecting this to be a lot more trashy but, for a film about a killer newborn, it's actually quite understated and I found the ending quite poignant (or maybe I'm just getting soft ). The other 2 films in the trilogy are in my to-watch pile so looking forward to checking them out too.

Manhunt - now this one isn't quite so understated! Almost deviod of any plot, this is a standard backwoods slasher but such as it is, it does the job just fine. Plus, it's always good to hear David Hess' soothing tones in any soundtrack! Well worth the £1 I paid for it in Poundland

It's Alive - yeah, I saw that one not long ago and really enjoyed it as well; in fact I've only just recently found out that there were sequals, too.

I've got Manhunt - absolute quality; didn't realise that was David Hess on there!

I've just finished watching Murder Party and thought it was excellent. A very intelligent film with some great performances; in fact I'm sure I recognised a few of the faces. I couldn't help but notice shades of Driller Killer in it, and also Night Of The Demons - although of course the film is very different to those two .
Old 7th May 2011, 11:46 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen Puppet Master 5!
It was yet another fun PM flick!!
was cool to see cast from the 4th one back too.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 8th May 2011, 10:39 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdc View Post
Watched Vigilante (1983) last night.
I thought Robert Forster and Fred Williamson were really good,Forster even excellent in this one.
Nice to see Joe Spinell pop up as well btw.
A grim crime film that manages to be thought provoking.

That's one for the wishlist, especially the Blue Underground BD if that's out or on the horizon. Off to investigate...

Anyway, back on topic, I watched Faceless last night which is an interesting spin on The Awful Dr Orloff and Eyes without a Face with a soundtrack that seems to be inspired by the likes of Duran Duran and other new romantic bands!
Old 8th May 2011, 10:49 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
That's one for the wishlist, especially the Blue Underground BD if that's out or on the horizon. Off to investigate...
BU put Vigilante out on Blu-ray last year and it's apparently a stunning presentation of the film. I'd heartily recommend checking this film out, Nos, it's really good. Another good urban violence flick with Forster is Walking the Edge, which ABUS put out many years ago. If you can track down a copy it's well worth a look at too.
Old 8th May 2011, 11:04 AM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
BU put Vigilante out on Blu-ray last year and it's apparently a stunning presentation of the film. I'd heartily recommend checking this film out, Nos, it's really good. Another good urban violence flick with Forster is Walking the Edge, which ABUS put out many years ago. If you can track down a copy it's well worth a look at too.
I've added Vigilante to my wish list at Planet Axel whilst I check other stores and it seems the cheapest place to buy Walking the Edge is from Amazon.com Marketplace. However, they don't do international shipping, so I contacted one of the sellers to see if he can change his shipping from domestic to worldwide.
Old 8th May 2011, 11:16 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

I watched Teminator Salvation last night for the first time since seeing it at the cinema. It's still quite flawed in a lot of ways (too many jarring 'remember this?' references to the original movies) but there's a lot of good in it. Would love to see another 2 sequels to this (with Arnie now who's meant to be coming back) to wrap up the future war story.

Oh, and Anton Yelchin who played Kyle Reese was superb - he really captured the voice and mannerism of Michael Biehn from the first film.
Old 8th May 2011, 12:42 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Haunted forest last night...Pile of rubbish ...Tries to be scary and atmospheric but doesnt work on any level, Dull boring and bad acting AVOID.
Old 8th May 2011, 02:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Just watched Manhattan Baby for the first time.

Dear me, what a glorious mess.

Great presentation by Shamless though (spelling mistake on the cover aside)
Demoncrat likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!