Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20th November 2010, 12:35 AM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
i enjoy liam neeson in almost everything and this was no exception, but like most american films if a film is being made, why is the director always english?

for me it just wasn't a dirty harry film, there was non of the grit and raw violence from the previous film, i liked Sudden Impact but not as much as the first three but even that had a very dark tone to it, the Dead Pool seemed very rushed and just didn't sit well with the others. Gran Torino apparently started out as a script for the last ever Dirty Harry Film but was changed. Gran Torino is a cracking film and one of Clint's finest performances of the last 10 years..
i agree about it not being a real dirty harry film
my faves are dirty harry, magnum force and sudden impact
the latter i liked a lot
Old 20th November 2010, 07:17 AM
Ex-member

watched the legend of boggy creek 1972,on youtube, this for me is a great film.first watched i was about 10 or 11,and love the end theme.
Old 20th November 2010, 08:21 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

A Boy and his Dog is a great film,wish they had made a sequel with more adventures of these two.
Legend of Boggy Creek is another classic movie.
Old 20th November 2010, 09:42 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I finally got around to watching Eden Lake last night. A clever low budget horror that had a genuine sense of pervading dread throughout without resorting to shock imagery to gain it's interest. The structure of the movie was fairly formulaic for survival horror but presented in a slightly different way by using "ordinary" youths as the protaganists. Definitely an anti-chav movie
Old 20th November 2010, 12:26 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Over recent days I have watched numerous films including:
Metropolis, which is such a brilliant piece of science fiction and even better with all of the lost footage (or at least the stuff that was fit to include),
Dougal and the Blue Cat which is just as fantastic as Mark Kermode makes it out to be and I watched it two times in as many days,
Peeping Tom which is a masterpiece of psychological terror and, last but not least,
The Evil Dead BD which looks absolutely stunning, particularly in the correct aspect ratio (1.33:1) and is one of those horror films that continues to work, year after year.
Old 20th November 2010, 01:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Just finished watching torso
To be honest it slightly bored me i was tempted several times to turn it off
Old 20th November 2010, 01:41 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Watched Law Abiding Citizen last night. I really enjoyed this film and found the plot very interesting and intense as it unravelled. Well I thought this until the last 2 minutes of the film. I don't like to post spoilers; so all I will say is that to me the good guy didn't win, and justice wasn't served. Apart from that it was one of the best films I have seen this year If only there was alternitave ending
Old 20th November 2010, 08:57 PM
Cult Addict
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

FRANKENSTEIN 90: utter bollocks.

SANTO IN THE WAX MUSEUM: homoerotic mayhem from south of the border featuring tight tights, loads of wrestling and a plot about a mad scientist creating his own race of ugly people. Lots of fun.

SCORE: if you've ever had the fantasy of what it would be like to bugger and be buggered by Lynn Lowry, then look no further than this witty and stylish film. Lynn plays a straight laced good girl, married to a straight laced fellow with a secret desire. Ensnared by a couple of bi-sexual swingers, Lynn and her hubby soon come to realise that there is more to life than the weekly game of bowling...

Lowry is excellent as the good girl who soon discovers the joys of girl on girl S&M that culminates in a scene involving Lowry, a dog collar and lead, a strap-on, and warped mirrors that distort the whole scene into another dimension. Very little is actually seen in the lesbian scenes, where as the scenes involving Lowry's husband and the male swinger are full on XXX. Don't let that put you off if you have trouble with gay sex, the film is full of wit and intelligence and has a feel good factor running through it that makes it a joy to watch.
Old 20th November 2010, 09:23 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Thanks for the review of Score,must get that one.
I guess I should go for the uncensored one?
Or are the xxx scenes inserts?

I love Santo in the Wax Museum btw!
Old 20th November 2010, 10:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

RICCO THE MEAN MACHINE - Great film, with one of the most grusome scenes of castration ever!.

Like this? Share it using the links below!