Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19th November 2010, 11:01 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

I can't remember one thing about the Dead Pool, other than his name is on a hit list.. probably an indication of how much I liked it, haha...

I have fond memories of Sudden Impact, having had to watch it about 10 times while I was working at the cinema. Think I was like 13 or 14 at the time so didn't mind at all getting to watch the new Dirty Harry movie. The Dirty Harry rape and revenge flick.
Old 19th November 2010, 11:05 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
I can't remember one thing about the Dead Pool, other than his name is on a hit list.. probably an indication of how much I liked it, haha...

I have fond memories of Sudden Impact, having had to watch it about 10 times while I was working at the cinema. Think I was like 13 or 14 at the time so didn't mind at all getting to watch the new Dirty Harry movie. The Dirty Harry rape and revenge flick.
There was actually a time, a few years back now (in the 90's I think), that it was said that because of the violence towards women in the film, Sudden Impact would never be shown on TV again! How mad is that?
Old 19th November 2010, 11:08 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs View Post
There was actuallly a time, a few years back now (n the 90's I thiink), that it was said that because of the violence towards women in the film, Sudden Impact would never be shown on TV again! How mad is that?
The local ABC cinema manager would have probably been strung up if they knew he had me working during it at that age.

That was about it other than sitting in a nearly empty screen with a Pia Zadora movie for a week..
Old 19th November 2010, 11:11 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
That was about it other than sitting in a nearly empty screen with a Pia Zadora movie for a week..
Just like me sitting in the cinema watching Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead all by my lonesome!
Old 19th November 2010, 11:31 PM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
Watched the final dirty Harry film last night, The Dead Pool, what a shift in tone from the previous films, just another average 80s cop thriller IMHO with only Eastwood, Patricia Clarkson and Liam Neeson who saved the film from mediocrity with a stupid plot, a stereo typed chinese detective who surprise surprise knows kung fu, none of the grit of the previous films and a stupid pointless villain. Not a good film. The Remote control car was good though. Im changing Eastwoods character in Gran Torino to Harry Callahan because that film was more of Dirty Harry film than the Dead Pool. Very disapointing...

Jim Carrey is priceless in this film!
Old 19th November 2010, 11:35 PM
Cult Master
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by broonage View Post
Jim Carrey is priceless in this film!
Haha he sure is, lip syncing to Welcome To The Jungle and high as a kite!
Old 19th November 2010, 11:41 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

i thought liam neeson was terrible in the dead pool
with that crap english/cockney/whatever accent calling everyone 'love'
the yanks cannot write good stuff regarding the english sometimes
they just stereotype them as speaking shit like neeson did
of course he's not the only one!
Old 20th November 2010, 12:11 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

i enjoy liam neeson in almost everything and this was no exception, but like most american films if a film is being made, why is the director always english?

for me it just wasn't a dirty harry film, there was non of the grit and raw violence from the previous film, i liked Sudden Impact but not as much as the first three but even that had a very dark tone to it, the Dead Pool seemed very rushed and just didn't sit well with the others. Gran Torino apparently started out as a script for the last ever Dirty Harry Film but was changed. Gran Torino is a cracking film and one of Clint's finest performances of the last 10 years..
Old 20th November 2010, 12:28 AM
Active Cultist

A boy and his dog.

A post-apocalyptic tale starring a really young Don Johnson and a telepathic dog.

This is the reason why I watch films. Every now and again, through all the crap you watch, you find a movie that you know you you will love to it's low budget bones forever.

A+ awesome.
Old 20th November 2010, 12:34 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
This is the reason why I watch films. Every now and again, through all the crap you watch, you find a movie that you know you you will love to it's low budget bones forever.
couldn't agree more...

Like this? Share it using the links below!