All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179933Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26th May 2012, 01:50 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
Notice how I put a in?
I'm all for pro-feminism. It's just fem-armpit hair tend's to put me off pulling the rope's. Just personal taste. Leg's? What the hell! Lady Garden? Give it a shot! But armpit hair?
Do I take it that you are not accepting my challenge?

:rasp:

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 26th May 2012, 04:11 PM
Cult Addict

Just been to see Men in black 3.

I know, I know, but its hot as hell outside and the cinema has decent aircon, and the screening was 2d so what the hell.

To put it bluntly it feels very much like sony needs the money, Will smith needs a hit and Tommy lee Jones got paid a nice chunk of cash for doing very little. The whole affair REEKS of sony unearthing a popular franchise, dusting it off and cashing in. Added to that no talking pug.

On the plus side Josh Brolin is astonishing and appears to be channelling the spirit of tommy lee jones effortlessly (perhaps tommy's dead and posessing him?)
The bloke from Flight of the choncords (yay!) plays a great baddy and the film was pretty fun if not a little overlong. Not deserving of some of the more scathing criticism given to it, but its perhaps on par with the dissapointing second movie.

(for the record I actually really like the origional)
Old 26th May 2012, 05:46 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Nice review Keirarts.

Its one for the collection when it hits the sales.
Old 26th May 2012, 06:09 PM
Cult Addict

I'm now about 80 minutes into the artist and i've got to say i'm not loving it.

That's not to say I think its bad either, just a little overrated and mel brooks did it so much better with SILENT MOVIE. Possibly one of the things that irked me with the publicity for the film was the critics who seemed to think shooting the movie silently in 4:3 was somehow bold and innovative, even the H.P. Lovecraft society got there before them with the excellent CALL OF CTHULU.

I would say this ranks up there in the list of undeserving oscar awards because in no way is it film of the year. It's entertaining enough and the dogs funny, it just seems to be hyped by critics who seem unable to remember films made more than 10 years ago.

I'd rather stick on the Mel brooks film next time, or just go back and watch the origional NOSFERATU, Metropolis, Vampyr , Cabinet of dr caligari buster keaton, chaplin ect. ect... if I ever want to watch another silent movie.
Old 26th May 2012, 06:19 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default 13 Assassins (2010)

13 Assassins (2010)
Just started to watch this 13 Assassins (2010)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13 Assassins (2010).jpg (103.8 KB, 2 views)
keirarts and Hawkmonger like this.
Old 26th May 2012, 07:22 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Ok - once again it seems that you males have no idea of what goes on inside a female world

Depending on what I am wearing, and whether I have to do it or not, I can (and do) go days without shaving my armpits

Guys - think of how uncomfortable it is when you shave your faces every day, and then imagine how uncomfy it is when you do under your arms every day. If you DON'T shave everyday, then you really have no right to comment on girls who have hairy armpits or legs etc. If you DO shave everyday, then I offer you a challenge - tomorrow you shave your armpits and legs and do it everyday for a whole week

Feminists of the world...unite!
I wish I could permanently loose all body hair except eyebrows and my beard and mustache. I am lazy sometimes and let my head hair grow out for a week or two but any longer and I feel like I am wearing a giant wool hat. When I am not lazy I shave my head every two days. But I cannot go two days without shaving my armpits. Call me crazy but I think armpit hair just looks silly on everyone.
Like an unkempt hobo sleeping under your arms.

Back on topic, I watched The Pack the other night. I did not care for it too much. It had a nice concept and the creature design was interesting, but every characters actions just made no sense. Glad I didn't buy it blindly.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 26th May 2012, 07:23 PM
Cult Master

cabinfever22d.jpg

images (1).jpg
VicDakin likes this.
Old 26th May 2012, 07:53 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by suziginajackson View Post
Do I take it that you are not accepting my challenge?

:rasp:
Nope.
Susan Foreman likes this.

DVD and BD collection
Old 26th May 2012, 09:30 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

1)2)3)4)5)The final five parts,the three last one are simple bad, especially Son, 6),7) I have watched part one several times as a teenager, classic softcore trash,now Revenge is worse but the only ''good'' thing about it is that we witness the birth of the Hoff 8),9),10)three classic masterpieces on high definition, looking better as ever!11)very mediocre ,12)Female Market, pinku movie about a group of people who kidnap young girls and use them as sex toys,not my cup of tea,I simple have it as a reference to the genre,13)The Burmese Harp,another great movie by Kon Ichikawa 14)just a waste of time even worse than avp,15)this is probably the most hilarious part,pure comedy 16)this was the first that I watched this haunting movie,it made me to think about it for days
Old 26th May 2012, 09:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Some great films there, sawyer.

You're dead right about The Vanishing, too; chills you to the very core and lingers in the back of your mind for many a day afterwards: Tremendous film.

Like this? Share it using the links below!