Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree180578Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th April 2013, 08:51 AM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tele1962 View Post
Watched Fright Night (1985 Twilight Time BR) last night and loved every minute. PQ & AQ were fantastic, all in all a great film.
Not sure where best to post this but if any of you lovely peeps are interested there's a copy of this release up on amazon now for £25.
Old 18th April 2013, 09:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Not sure where best to post this but if any of you lovely peeps are interested there's a copy of this release up on amazon now for £25.
Not anymore, £1900 and £2000 now

Crazy prices for a mediocre film!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th April 2013, 10:49 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

I'm not sure why I didn't post this four days ago, but these are the films I watched last week.

Old 18th April 2013, 01:56 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Not anymore, £1900 and £2000 now

Crazy prices for a mediocre film!
Didn't think it would last long at that price. I can't see how they ever hope to sell those other two at those absurd prices. I thought £24.99 was too much myself. I like Fright Night but I wouldn't pay more than maybe fifteen quid for a bluray of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
Old 18th April 2013, 02:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Didn't think it would last long at that price. I can't see how they ever hope to sell those other two at those absurd prices. I thought £24.99 was too much myself. I like Fright Night but I wouldn't pay more than maybe fifteen quid for a bluray of it.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
I'm the same, it's an OK slice of 80's Horror, but not one I'd pay a lot for on Blu Ray
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 18th April 2013, 02:12 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium View Post
It's an unusual film, isn't it? I've always had a soft spot for Northfolk, and felt its narrative shortcomings were just about compensated for by some stunning cinematography and curiously surreal touches. Been years since I saw it last, so probably needs a reevaluation.
It just felt so artificial and I suppose that's what I felt like I detected. I'd love to talk about it more but I don't want to ruin anyone's interpretation in case they haven't seen it.
Old 18th April 2013, 02:24 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not sure why I didn't post this four days ago, but these are the films I watched last week.

What did you make of The Wolfman re-telling Nos? I tend not to call it a remake as it's quite a different beast to the original. I actualy like it quite a bit.

DVD and BD collection
Old 18th April 2013, 05:03 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmonger View Post
What did you make of The Wolfman re-telling Nos? I tend not to call it a remake as it's quite a different beast to the original. I actualy like it quite a bit.
I don't consider it a remake either. If you pardon the pun, it's a very different beast to the one starring Lon Chaney Jr and Claude Raines. I really like the creature design and make-up and some of the bloody attacks but the pacing is really sluggish and we are once again subjected to Anthony Hopkins' wandering accent (one moment he's Welsh, another his Irish, another he is English and then sometimes has an American touch to his speech!). It could – and should – have been so much better, especially when that cast and that budget.

It was the first time I had seen it since watching it at the cinema (where I thought it was a mess) and thought it was better than my first viewing, but not by much.
troggi likes this.
Old 18th April 2013, 07:28 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Evil Dead (2013)

Enjoyed it, good to see less reliance on CGI and some regular make up effects for a change. Not nearly as good as the original but how could it be?
Old 18th April 2013, 08:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watching Plague of the Zombies now and have
Two Evil Eyes lined up for tomorrow night.

Like this? Share it using the links below!