LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th February 2012, 02:55 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
wonder if they will restore the 6 seconds of cuts in the blu ray/dvd release...
Hopefully the release for home viewing will be submitted without cuts and be given a 15 certificate.
Old 11th February 2012, 02:56 PM
Ex-member

[QUOTE=Rik;215918]Watched Unhinged for the first time last night(I've had the dvd for about 6 months now), gotta say I quite enjoyed it, not sure why it was on the nasties list though?

there were a lot of films on the banned list and still don't know why!
Old 11th February 2012, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yeah, media witchhunt played a massive part as we all know
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th February 2012, 03:04 PM
Cult Addict

Theres a us release of unhinged with a fan commentary, highly reccomended its like watching an episode of mystery science fiction theatre 3000!
Old 11th February 2012, 04:27 PM
Active Cultist

City of the Dead. Quality schlock this, poor old Nan Barlow ends up in the Raven Inn in her quilted dressing gown browsing a tome on devilry only to hear satanic singing coming from the basement. 'probably water in the pipes' says the hatchet faced proprietess who is only a 17th century witch called Elizabeth Selwyn. Cue Psycho rip off moment and the arrival of a pair of 'hey daddio' beat types who manage to set the satanists on fire by waving gravestones at them (!). Christopher Lee shows up as a shifty lecturer and there's fog - lots of fog. Throw in a ghostly hitchhiker (who is never explained) a haggard priest and a saintly librarian and you've got some fine time wasting potential. VCI did a great job with this DVD.
Rik and Gojirosan like this.
Old 11th February 2012, 04:32 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad The Impaler View Post
Police Academy (1984)

*** out of ****
*cough*

With all due respect, shouldn't that be a quarter of a squeak out of ****?

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 11th February 2012, 04:47 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Now the Screaming starts
Battle Los Angeles.....Found it a tab boring to begin with. I stuck with it though and it was worth it.
Old 11th February 2012, 04:47 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handyman Joe View Post
City of the Dead. Quality schlock this, poor old Nan Barlow ends up in the Raven Inn in her quilted dressing gown browsing a tome on devilry only to hear satanic singing coming from the basement. 'probably water in the pipes' says the hatchet faced proprietess who is only a 17th century witch called Elizabeth Selwyn. Cue Psycho rip off moment and the arrival of a pair of 'hey daddio' beat types who manage to set the satanists on fire by waving gravestones at them (!). Christopher Lee shows up as a shifty lecturer and there's fog - lots of fog. Throw in a ghostly hitchhiker (who is never explained) a haggard priest and a saintly librarian and you've got some fine time wasting potential. VCI did a great job with this DVD.
Love this film, I remember about 20 years ago mistaking this for Fulci's COTLD when it was shown on the BBC, I spent the entire film wondering when I would see the famous shot of the zombie emerging from the ground that I had seen a B&W still of in The Dark Side only to realise I'd read the TV listings wrong!
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 11th February 2012, 04:59 PM
Cult Acolyte

Default afternoons viewing pleasures have been

afternoons viewing pleasures have been
followed Summer of SAm with Zodiac
Attached Images
File Type: jpg summer-of-sam.jpg (92.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg valkyrie.jpg (92.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg zodiac.jpg (80.7 KB, 2 views)
sawyer6 likes this.

Last edited by VicDakin; 11th February 2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11th February 2012, 05:31 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

IF A TREE FALLS - A quartet of young Canadians head out for the woods where they're set upon by sinister mask wearers who proceed to torture yadda yadda... actually though, this was unexpectedly harrowing. Beyond the hackneyed set up and the arbitrary neo-grindhouse stylisation lurked the last thing I was expecting - a genuine, depressing sense of grimness. As I say, some of the visual devices seemed a bit meh at points, but on the other hand these effectively set up the detached atmos of some of the most distressing bits. I was a bit confused by the ending... but in this case, confusion felt good. YELLOWBRICKROAD was a whole filmful of good-feeling confusion, and again, quite a departure from the more standard piece of horror I was anticipating. Slightly 'Blair Witch' in scenario, it follows the investigation of a rural legend, this time based on the mysterious disappearance of an entire township in 40s America (though thankfully not through 'found footage', an approach I don't really care for). The team of explorers involved soon find themselves lost in the wilds and at the mercy of an unseen horror which manifests in the form of ghostly war-time ballroom music! The music becomes an annihilating force and everything ends in total madness... cool! Could've been scored by The Caretaker, for those of you into the Hauntology thing. I liked the abstract approach and the whole idea of sound-as-menace and, although the 'Oz' references didn't really go anywhere (at least on first viewing), I was impressed by the strangeness and bleakness of tone. Another '?' type ending, but OK by me.

Last edited by Frankie Teardrop; 11th February 2012 at 06:26 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!