All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 4th February 2011, 11:54 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Watched the excellent Charles Bronson film, Mr Majestyk again last night. Bronson gave the best portrayal of a melon farmer I've ever seen. Ok it's the only film with a melon farmer I've ever seen, but that's beside the point! Al Lettieri (from The Godfather and The Getaway) was always a great villian. Pity he died too young. I've been constantly playing Charles Bernstein's Mr Majestyk theme all morning!
Old 4th February 2011, 03:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Phobia or, to give it its alternate title, 4bia, did come out on DVD in the UK because I reviewed it! Somehow though, the review has gone 'missing' on my website otherwise I would give you the hyperlink -- that's something to add to the 'to do' list for today.
ha ha

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 4th February 2011, 07:32 PM
Ex-member

Default What films have you seen recently?

Silent Night Deadly Night - not bad
Triangle - very good
Old 4th February 2011, 09:59 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Just watched the Directors Cut of Battle Royale on arrow blu ray of course. Its such a great film.

Before that I tried watching Casshern. I got about 40mins from the end and I was so bored watching people stare at each other emotinally for hours on end, and the fighting sucked so much that I gave up and switched it off. One thing I will say for it is that it has some pretty cool visuals, but as far as I'm concenred it mostly style over substance.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:13 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post
Just watched the Directors Cut of Battle Royale on arrow blu ray of course. Its such a great film.

Before that I tried watching Casshern. I got about 40mins from the end and I was so bored watching people stare at each other emotinally for hours on end, and the fighting sucked so much that I gave up and switched it off. One thing I will say for it is that it has some pretty cool visuals, but as far as I'm concenred it mostly style over substance.
film no.1: very good choice, watched it myself a couple of weeks ago, the lighthouse scene always stands out for me.

film no.2: couldn't agree more, boring boring boring. nice visuals though
Old 4th February 2011, 10:15 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioZombie View Post

I don't understand the critical acclaim that has been bestowed on Casshern either as it is, like you say, a case of style over substance. I rented it some time ago and was bored by it then but, when it showed up for about £3.99 at Play.com, I decided to give it another go and was bored far as second time!

I've been watching various things that I can really remember off the top of my head apart from Titanic II which falls into that rather odd category beneath 'so bad they're good' and 'so bad they're funny' and straight into 'so bad they're bad'!
Old 4th February 2011, 10:19 PM
Grindhouse Project Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I don't understand the critical acclaim that has been bestowed on Casshern
Does it have much critical acclaim apart from the five stars from the News Of The World??? Which dubbed it better than the second two Matrix films, whic IMHO wouldnt be much of a reccomendation even it it was.
Old 4th February 2011, 10:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

Just seen The Resident.
Dissapointing really, not much else to say ha ha

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 5th February 2011, 02:00 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Saw Daybreakers last night. Was ok, but I felt it could have been so much better
Old 5th February 2011, 10:24 PM
Cult Rookie

Default Ichi the Killer ***SPOILER ALERT***

Just watched Takeshi Mike's 'Ichi the Killer'. Would be interested in explanations like, why is Kakihara featured in the bathtub right at the end of the movie? What is going on in the noodle bar when characters magically change places? The rooftop fight - who died by whose hand?

Liked the movie though and will definitely watch it again.

Like this? Share it using the links below!