Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179676Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21st August 2013, 06:17 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie Teardrop View Post
It seems a lot more rapey than it's predecessor...
Brilliant stuff, I love it !

Those are all great call outs and great to see a mention for The Music of Chance. I often recommend this to people but as you say it's become a lost film, but fantastic nonetheless...
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.
Old 21st August 2013, 06:26 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

images.jpg the-amazing-mr-no-legs-vhs.jpg

The Amazing Mr No Leg

I loved this film not sure if this has ever had an official DVD release correct me if im wrong. I have heard it goes for about 50 bucks on ebay on DVD-R.

The acting leaves a lot to be desired but that ads to the charm of the film. Mr No Legs may lack legs but he makes up for it in his tough taking no crap attitude and with two double barrel shotguns in the arm rests of his wheel chair this man means business.

The story starts with a student involved in shipments of coke kills his girlfriend by accident in a fight over his dealing of drugs. Mr No Legs shows up to dispose of the body only to realize her brother his a cop. Now Mr No Legs must dispose of two bodies.

Film is a great bit of fun and i would love an official release of this. Please somebody read this and make it happen

Gammera the Invincible

An atomic explosion wakes Gammera from his sleep and Gammera is not at all pleased so humanity must be help responsible. Who will get the brunt of Gammeras anger why TOKYO of course. Again a pure slice of fun cinema great film to just sit back and enjoy the really bad dubbing and great effects of the time this film was made. Its a GIANT TURTLE destroying anything in his path how can you not love this.
Old 21st August 2013, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordicdusk View Post

The Amazing Mr No Leg

I loved this film not sure if this has ever had an official DVD release correct me if im wrong. I have heard it goes for about 50 bucks on ebay on DVD-R.
Amazing Mr No Legs.... very cool. I first read about this in an issue of Is It Uncut? and it sounded so wacky. Fair dues to the film makers for clearly having no issue with a paraplegic hero. Most other films would just as soon ignore them. The full-length film is on youtube in what looks like a dire copy but I'm gonna catch it anyway at the weekend...
troggi likes this.
Old 21st August 2013, 06:40 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Amazing Mr No Legs.... very cool. I first read about this in an issue of Is It Uncut? and it sounded so wacky. Fair dues to the film makers for clearly having no issue with a paraplegic hero. Most other films would just as soon ignore them. The full-length film is on youtube in what looks like a dire copy but I'm gonna catch it anyway at the weekend...
The PQ is not great but like the bad acting it adds something to the film.
troggi likes this.
Old 21st August 2013, 06:45 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
The PQ is not great but like the bad acting it adds something to the film.
Yep, and I'll take this any day over The Hobbit...
mr 420 likes this.
Old 21st August 2013, 08:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Dracula 1979

I probably one of the few people who really likes this, one of my favourite adaptions of Dracula ok it takes some libertys, Lucy is van helsing daughter etc, but it has a wonderful gothic feel and I liked frank langella's Dracula is my second favroite after Lee as he gives a very sexual performance as the good count. We even have a young sylvester mccoy in small role. All in all a great film with a good cast and a excellent atmosphere 9.5/10
keirarts likes this.
Old 21st August 2013, 08:03 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

[QUOTE=nordicdusk;
Gammera the Invincible

An atomic explosion wakes Gammera from his sleep and Gammera is not at all pleased so humanity must be help responsible. Who will get the brunt of Gammeras anger why TOKYO of course. Again a pure slice of fun cinema great film to just sit back and enjoy the really bad dubbing and great effects of the time this film was made. Its a GIANT TURTLE destroying anything in his path how can you not love this.[/QUOTE]

I love any Daikaju and Gamera, of course, is one of top men in a suit as far as I'm concerned.

But if you want top giant turtle action and some cool dubbing and score you need this:

I really don't know if any other issues of this film had the same English dubbing as this particular one did but it is superb. The score is also top class. Another of my "once a year at least" films!

Monster Magnet
Old 21st August 2013, 08:06 PM
Cult Master

Cheers Troggi ill add that to the list
troggi likes this.
Old 21st August 2013, 09:14 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Dracula 1979

I probably one of the few people who really likes this, one of my favourite adaptions of Dracula ok it takes some libertys, Lucy is van helsing daughter etc, but it has a wonderful gothic feel and I liked frank langella's Dracula is my second favroite after Lee as he gives a very sexual performance as the good count. We even have a young sylvester mccoy in small role. All in all a great film with a good cast and a excellent atmosphere 9.5/10
I'm the opposite, it's one of my least favourite adaptions, still like it but it ranks behind my favourites
troggi likes this.
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 21st August 2013, 09:20 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Cheers Troggi ill add that to the list
I don't want to spoil anyone's fun but at one point in the film, as Gamera is ripping the roof off of a baseball stadium, a soldier shouts "Go home! There is nothing to see here!"

Add that to the fact that the schoolgirl heroine of the piece is voiced by what sounds to be a bored Essex shoe sales woman of about 30!
Nordicdusk likes this.

Monster Magnet

Like this? Share it using the links below!