Like Tree179790Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th November 2013, 06:01 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Thriller? If it had been about Alan Titmarsh being hired to look for an actual mole in the gardens of British Intelligence headquarters that would have been more thrilling.
We were both wide awake when we stuck it on. 3 hrs later I nodded off. Woke up after half hour or so and went and made a cup of cheswick and sat down to try again. Lasted another 2 hrs then nodded off again. Woke up about an hour later to find the missus fast asleep on the other end of the sofa and Gary Oldman still meandering around the most boring locations I've ever seen In a film looking for his bloody slippers or whatever he was up to.
Yup that film really was boring as hell.
Old 5th November 2013, 06:03 PM
Cult Addict

Glad it weren't just me.
Old 5th November 2013, 06:05 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Glad it weren't just me.
No. I felt as if i'd missed something as all the critics said it was the best British thriller since whenever and i thought it was shit beyond belief.

I let my parents watch it one Saturday night and they turned it off when Match of the Day started.
Old 5th November 2013, 06:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
TFP is just one of those films, the more I watch it, the more I wonder "How the flip did they get this made?" but then as a Bed Sitting Room fan maybe I should just thank my blessings cough.....
Aww! Y've gone 'n' done it nah!

Why did you have to mention "The Bedsitting Room", Demon? Now I've got to look for a copy and I bet they're not cheap!

Do you like "The Final Programme"? It sounds to me like you're a fan.

There could've been more in the way of extras to fill the new Network DVD out, maybe a booklet and a standard DVD case instead of the malnourished thing it comes in. I do love the reverse of the sleeve though!
Demoncrat and keirarts like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 5th November 2013, 07:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Who dares wins.

Loved every second of it, it might looked dated as it's set in the 80s but that adds to its charm, it's wonderfully shot and the last 15minutes has you on the edge of your seat. The cast are all great both udy Davis and Ingrid Pitt are well written, we have to have the best cat fight between Collins wife and Pitt. The might be a number of plot holes and the terrorist demands are just silly. It might just be me but I found Collins to be a excellent action hero and would of made a good bond. Can't believe I actually never seen it before 9.5/10

Phantasm 3

Enjoyable but not as good as the first two, the kid has to one of the highlights. 7/10

Phantasm 4

I still don't understand what's going on half the time in this film, and by now you would think Reggie would know not too have anything too do with women! 7.5/10

Nightmare on elm street 3

My second favorite. A great addition to the franchise before it started going down hill quickly until a new nightmare. Many highlights which include Freddys back story with his mother, welcome to prime time bitch and puppet death. Only downside is the stupid ass wank master, sorry wizard master. Without that it would of scored a ten. 8.5/10

Next up cellar dweller. Picture quality is ok and probably the best we will see, but so glad to finally have this and dungeonmaster.

Last edited by trebor8273; 5th November 2013 at 08:42 PM.
Old 5th November 2013, 07:39 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

It is November 5th, so of course I have been enjoying V for Vendetta. Brilliant.

(and I watched Basket Case on blu last night, I particularly enjoyed the extra documentary where they revisited the filming locations).
Old 6th November 2013, 09:59 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by troggi View Post
Aww! Y've gone 'n' done it nah!

Why did you have to mention "The Bedsitting Room", Demon? Now I've got to look for a copy and I bet they're not cheap!

Do you like "The Final Programme"? It sounds to me like you're a fan.

There could've been more in the way of extras to fill the new Network DVD out, maybe a booklet and a standard DVD case instead of the malnourished thing it comes in. I do love the reverse of the sleeve though!
BFI Flipside put TBSR out a while back Trog. Yes Me likee Last Days Of Man On Earth (alternate title) A LOT. Even though it is NADA like the book (well, I lie but there are major differences cough) I just dig seeing the cream of British acting (in both films) in such bizarre surroundings!!
troggi likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th November 2013, 12:38 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Vampire Journals (1997).

Zachary, a wayward vampire out for revenge against his own kind finds himself trying to protect an innocent girl from the powerful vampire Ash and his deadly coven of the undead.

Vampire Journals is one of Charles Band's Full Moon productions and stars Jonathon Morris, best known as Adrian Boswell from eighties tv classic Bread. Don't let this put you off though as Vampire Journals is pretty enjoyable. I used to have this on vhs and together with 1992's Tale of the Vampire ,had always wanted it on dvd. The film i remembered was bloody and choc full of nudity. Luckily watching Vampire Journals 16 years later i was pleased to find my memory didn't lie. Blood is spilt, heads roll and necks are bitten frequently, the film also has a couple of orgy scenes and other titilating sequences. Director Ted Nicolau, a veteran of Full Moon straight to video rubbish clearly knew his stuff by 97 and made the film look quite impressive despite its impoverished budget.

The film benefits from its East European locations with many scenes playing out in some rather posh mansion houses with characters that look to have been swiped from classic horror productions of the sixties, giving the film a nicely polished Gothic feel to it. The acting isn't always wonderful and the film could really do with a Cushing, Price or Lee to give it gravitas, but on the whole Full Moon have done a good job with this.
Trivia perhaps but worth mentioning. Its actually part of the subspecies franchise.
troggi likes this.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:43 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Vamp

Saw this many moons ago, forgot about it, and was hesitant to re-revisit - I mean it's never one that made its mark. College boys with the worst possible taste in strippers is our set-up, as our two likable leads decide that Grace Jones - complete with red fright wig and hideous makeup - would be the one most likely to impress their fraternity, and so set out to hire her. Of course it turns out that the strip club, and indeed the whole town, is populated by vampires. It's all very 80's cheese, camp and colourful - the palette awash with purples and greens. And although Jones remains silent, not least due to some huge, protuding prosthetic teeth at one point, one cannot deny her animal-like presence; even if her role is a bit part at best.
Old 6th November 2013, 12:48 PM
Cult Addict

Watched the new commentary track on Scream Factory's THE FOG.

Genius. Tom Atkins should always do commentary tracks. I also liked the Halloween 3 one with him as well.

Well, off to work. Not sure how long i'm sticking with ASDA. Never really hated a job so much in my life. Was left to recieve a lorry load of Frozen goods monday night and ended up leaving work half an hour late. Not even sure I was supposed to be allowed to do this on my own given i've barely just started work there!

Ah well, applied for a gig at Rymans, a little more manageable and 9-5. Hoping I get it!

Might actually get to see friends and watch films again!
Frankie Teardrop and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!