Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th November 2013, 04:13 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I'm going to watch Deep Red next. Not sure whether to watch the Original Version or Directors Cut first.
troggi likes this.
Old 9th November 2013, 04:27 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArgentoFan1987 View Post
I'm going to watch Deep Red next. Not sure whether to watch the Original Version or Directors Cut first.
Which have you seen before?
Old 9th November 2013, 04:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched The Fury (Arrow) the other night, fabulous film PQ was fantastic and my Jack & Cokes made it one hell of a night.......Highly Recommended.
troggi likes this.
Old 9th November 2013, 04:32 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
I prefer the Director's Cut.
troggi likes this.
Old 9th November 2013, 05:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I prefer the Director's Cut.
Thanks, I don't know why I'm finding it so hard to decide!

RE: tele1962
As for the Fury, it's a film I was never THAT impressed with. It has some good moments, but it was never as great as I'd expected. Perhaps it's time I gave it another shot!

De Palma (like Kubrick) is one of these directors who I can take or leave. He's made some great films (such as Dressed to Kill, Blow Out and Sisters) and made some extremely over-rated films (such as Carrie and Scarface). Just my oppinion.
troggi likes this.

Last edited by ArgentoFan1987; 9th November 2013 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Adding to post
Old 9th November 2013, 05:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Invasion of the body snatchers

I prefer the remake to the original just find it a lot more creepy and disturbing, also it's brilliantly shot with some great camera work and it has a real sense of paranoia. The man headed dog is still very creepy. Never has some one pointing been so frighting. Only downside was I didn't think the PQ is up to arrows latests releases, it's not bad but if you compare it too other new releases you might be a little disappointed . 9/10

Lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring

Forgotten how much I enjoy these movies, it's not hard to see why and how they were better than the Star Wars prequels that came out around the same time. George sat on his ass and did nothing new, while Jackson improved special effects with these films, if you look now it's dated a bit but the effects still look better than the Star Wars prequels effects and there was also a lot of lovely model work and real sets, sadly something the prequels lacked. 9/10

Lord of the rings the two towers

Probably my favourite of the trilogy, some amazing battle scenes and great acting from most of the cast, also gollum was amazing and shows what can be done with cgi if done right, you watch him and its hard to think of him as not being real, with the amazing facial expressions and Andy serkis amazing voice
acting and movements. 10/10

Now watching the catacombs which have never seen then a Texas chainsaw massacre double bill with the first two movies.

Last edited by trebor8273; 9th November 2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 9th November 2013, 05:56 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Thanks, I don't know why I'm finding it so hard to decide!

If you haven't seen it before watch the original version. That way the directors cut should be noticeably different.
troggi likes this.
Old 9th November 2013, 07:01 PM
Cult Rookie

bdc, Invid Ninja, sawyer6 and 3 others like this.
Old 9th November 2013, 07:11 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Film binge today -

Rewind This

An excellent documentary on VHS, its legacy and the fanatic collectors. I imagine a fair chunk of it won't be new to anyone (VHS vs Beta, high cost of tapes initially etc), but they've assembled a great collection of interviewees. Several figures in the Asian film industry also give their opinion. A must watch for any film fan who grew up with the VHS tape.

Escape From The Bronx

Its been a while since I saw The Bronx Warriors, but from what I can ascertain the gangs from that film are now living together underground. Some big corporation are being a right load of meanies by toasting everyone in the Bronx so some ragamuffins get together and shoot the silver gits. 3 and a half radioactive mushroom clouds out of 5.

The New Warriors

I nodded off a bit during this, although that could just be due to staying up until 3am last night. Despite that, I still don't think the plot would make much sense even if I was fully alert for the entire running time. White clad bikers hate religion, like killing people and seemingly enjoy raping men - highly recommended. Also features Fred Williamson kicking ass and getting the girl, as is the norm for any film in which he stars.
Old 9th November 2013, 07:23 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
Invasion of the body snatchers

I prefer the remake to the original just find it a lot more creepy and disturbing, also it's brilliantly shot with some great camera work and it has a real sense of paranoia. The man headed dog is still very creepy. Never has some one pointing been so frighting. Only downside was I didn't think the PQ is up to arrows latests releases, it's not bad but if you compare it too other new releases you might be a little disappointed . 9/10

Lord of the rings the fellowship of the ring

Forgotten how much I enjoy these movies, it's not hard to see why and how they were better than the Star Wars prequels that came out around the same time. George sat on his ass and did nothing new, while Jackson improved special effects with these films, if you look now it's dated a bit but the effects still look better than the Star Wars prequels effects and there was also a lot of lovely model work and real sets, sadly something the prequels lacked. 9/10

Lord of the rings the two towers

Probably my favourite of the trilogy, some amazing battle scenes and great acting from most of the cast, also gollum was amazing and shows what can be done with cgi if done right, you watch him and its hard to think of him as not being real, with the amazing facial expressions and Andy serkis amazing voice
acting and movements. 10/10

Now watching the catacombs which have never seen then a Texas chainsaw massacre double bill with the first two movies.
Two towers has always been my favourite rings film, can't believe others do not normally agree. It just sums up 'Lord of the rings for me. Fellowship lacks Gollum and Return in it's Theatrical cut lacked Saruman, whereas towers had it all, and great battle scenes.
trebor8273 and troggi like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!