Like Tree179636Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 9th September 2013, 10:32 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
That may be why I only watched the first couple of episodes, I genuinelly can't remember a damn thing about it
I watched it all and can't recall anything interesting about it.
Old 10th September 2013, 03:59 AM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boy View Post

An AMICUS film in all but name.Peter Cushing tries to convince Ray Milland that cats are not all they seem.Three stories. The first is my favorite in which Susan Penhaligon tries to steal the new will from her bedridden employer.
This one is really silly, but I do enjoy it somewhat.
Old 10th September 2013, 06:55 AM
Cult Rookie

Watched the Blue Underground release of Four of the Apocalypse, very impressed by this. Not only is it a fulci film, but it was an outstanding spaghetti western, and up there with the best movies in the genre. Can't believe how long it took me to watch it, but definetly glad I did.

Also a film I saw as a kid, that had the same affect on me now as it did then. Which was Love Story (1970). It might be soppy and whatnot but I enjoyed it. The sound track by Francis Lai is top notch. The reason I bought and rewatched this movie, is because I was listening to Ennio Morricone radio on last fm and the films theme came on. A must see IMO.
Old 10th September 2013, 08:06 AM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Personally i found The Pacific quite poor in comparison to Band of Brothers. The characters were fairly weak and there was way too much of it set at home rather than in the Pacific.
I didn't care for The Pacific when I saw it on TV, but bought the BD set and watched it over three nights and thought it was much better. It does suffer because Band of Brothers was so good with each episode in a distinct area of conflict and there are a couple of episodes which follow on from the last, with episodes one and two (I think) really been one long episode.

That said, the characters are really well rounded, developed and engaging, the combat scenes are superb and makes full use of the HD sound and it gives you a good idea of the conditions in the Pacific Islands.

Definitely worth checking out.
Old 10th September 2013, 11:48 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Haven't mentioned anything I've watched recently but I watched Detention (2011) last night on netflix, quite surprised at how good it was, really quite funny but it made me feel old.
Old 10th September 2013, 12:08 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
Haven't mentioned anything I've watched recently but I watched Detention (2011) last night on netflix, quite surprised at how good it was, really quite funny but it made me feel old.
The nineties were so long ago now...
Old 10th September 2013, 01:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
The nineties were so long ago now...
It feels like it to me, I would love to go back and be a teenager again.
Old 10th September 2013, 01:18 PM
Moderator Alumni
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonLynette View Post
As mentioned before on here, I didn't really quite now what to make of it or how I felt about it when I first watched it. Or the second time. It's a difficult film to rate.

My initial review was thus. I definitely need to and want to revisit it again.
PaulD likes this.
Old 10th September 2013, 02:22 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
As mentioned before on here, I didn't really quite now what to make of it or how I felt about it when I first watched it. Or the second time. It's a difficult film to rate.

My initial review was thus. I definitely need to and want to revisit it again.
eurgh, I read books not reviews, thus I missed it. I like simple review. It was good. It made me laugh. It made me feel old I think it all depends what you want from it. I wanted early week, light-hearted fun and it certainly delivered. I found the references funny but also thought it felt very nineties.
Old 10th September 2013, 06:36 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Shut Up and Play the Hits (Film4)... This was on over the w/end and is a record of LCD Soundsystem's farewell show at Madison Square Garden in 2011. This was my first introduction to LCD Soundsystem and I liked what I heard, although its the kind of music I'd listen to for a few days and then it would get shelved for months afterwards. Film also includes footage of James Murphy in conversation and reflecting on the band, and he comes across as a good guy. Well worth checking out...

Like this? Share it using the links below!