Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st November 2013, 11:43 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I'm with you on The Crazies - it doesn't do much for me.

As for Martin, I generally see more negative comments about it than positive ones but it certainly seems divisive amongst fans.
The Crazies was really poor in my opinion (The remake was even worse) I much prefer Martin and the largely unloved Season of the Witch to The Crazies.
Frankie Teardrop, troggi and SCM like this.
Old 1st November 2013, 01:55 PM
Cult Addict

Martin isn't awful, just not a film that really works for me.
The Crazies on the other hand is just a plain bad film and bored me to tears. The remake while not brilliant is much better. At least a few things actually happened.
Either way I reckon Danny Boyle already remade The Crazies brilliantly with 28 Days Later. At least in concept.
ArgentoFan1987, troggi and SCM like this.
Old 1st November 2013, 02:16 PM
Cult Acolyte

Antichrist

You lot have already seen it so I dont need to go into the storyline.

SPOILERS

What was happening at the end with the girls coming up the hill, I didn't get it
troggi likes this.
Old 1st November 2013, 02:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bringer Of Funerals View Post
Antichrist

You lot have already seen it so I dont need to go into the storyline.

SPOILERS

What was happening at the end with the girls coming up the hill, I didn't get it
Watch it again......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 1st November 2013, 10:14 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Had a lunch date with a gorgeous 25 year old ('s alright, she's my daughter) who wanted to see "Thor 2: The Dark World". Not only did I enjoy it but Katherine said "I liked it better than the first and I thought that the first "Thor" movie was the best superhero movie made!"

I give it 16/10 and The Daughter of Darkness gives it four thumbs up (well two thumbs and two big toes)! No, I don't know who she takes after either!
J Harker and SCM like this.

Monster Magnet
Old 1st November 2013, 11:54 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Martin isn't awful, just not a film that really works for me.
The Crazies on the other hand is just a plain bad film and bored me to tears. The remake while not brilliant is much better. At least a few things actually happened.
Either way I reckon Danny Boyle already remade The Crazies brilliantly with 28 Days Later. At least in concept.
Yeah, it's kind if the same with James Wan. I've always thought Insidious was a remake of Poltergeist.
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:02 AM
Cult Addict

I see where you're coming from dude. Though Insidious isn't a patch on Poltergeist whereas 28 Days Later is approximately 28 times better than The Crazies.
ArgentoFan1987 and troggi like this.
Old 2nd November 2013, 07:38 AM
Cult Addict

Well, not seen much thanks to the weird hours at ASDA. Not really enjoying it. I get shouted at a lot in the warehouse for obeying the health and safety rules and generally being too slow. I'm hoping I get quicker but my body is a mess, my knees are shot and i'm not sure that i'm physically capable of keeping up the pace. It's a bummer as it took me bloody ages to get the job as well. My Amazon store is ticking along so I'm saving up as much of my ASDA wages as possible to sink into the business, say f**k it and go self employed some time next year (unless they sack me before then)

Did a run up to carlisle looking for stock on Halloween. Picked up BYZANTIUM on DVD so I watched it that night. Really enjoyed it and thought it was the best thing Neil Jordan has done in years. The scene of the waterfall turning red is breathtaking. Will look to pick it up on Blu-ray which will probably do the film more justice.
Old 2nd November 2013, 10:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

Watched Antichrist and about half of Night of the Comet, will finish it later tonight. So far so good. Two totally different movies at the opposite ends of the movie spectrum. Both enjoyable for very obvious and different reasons. Wow, the power of film
Old 2nd November 2013, 12:04 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonknight View Post
Watched Antichrist and about half of Night of the Comet, will finish it later tonight. So far so good. Two totally different movies at the opposite ends of the movie spectrum. Both enjoyable for very obvious and different reasons. Wow, the power of film
I don't know how you can watch a film over two days as I'd forget what had happened and completely lose concentration. That's why I don't watch (or try not to watch) films on TV stations with commercials – I believe films are designed to be watched in one sitting, from beginning to end, without any interruption. (The exception being films with an intermission!)

Like this? Share it using the links below!