All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179935Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th August 2015, 10:49 AM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I thought some of the SFX make up and visual effects were really good. The bolt cutters on Achilles tendons made me squirm!
Yeah my girlfriend has a thing about the Achilles that really got under her skin
Old 6th August 2015, 10:58 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Licence To Kill (1989, John Glen)
First time. Didn't like new M. And this "harder edged" Bond I'd heard about for years amounted to some light whipping and a blatant cut to Zerbe's Scanners like demise. Meh etc. Not that I expected a fountain of grue within this context....

Back to Giallo A Venezia methinks......

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 6th August 2015, 11:45 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Eyes without a face -
I have been waiting an age to see this film, i looooooooooooooooooooooved it, i wish the ending was as strong as the uptake of the film and the pacing was a little off but i bet that will sort its self out with subsiquent viewings. The movie is super creepy and the main actress has an alien quality about her that truly makes her performace stand out and stick in the mind. i'm not sure i would call it a classic yet but again i get the feeling i will grow to love this movie over time.

A Boy and his Dog -
I like this movie, it never tries to hard and manages to entertain me everytime i watch it, the dvd Dem kindly sent to me also has a commentary track which makes for great listening.

The X Files season 8 -
I like the X Files but i stop when i get to the end of season 7, recently i watched season 8 again and i realise that the true X Files feelng is sort of lost in this season, i don't think i have ever seen any of season 9 but i will give it a go.
I really want the new X Files release to be great and im still looking forward to watching it.
Old 6th August 2015, 08:00 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Watched Licence To Kill (1989, John Glen)
First time. Didn't like new M. And this "harder edged" Bond I'd heard about for years amounted to some light whipping and a blatant cut to Zerbe's Scanners like demise. Meh etc. Not that I expected a fountain of grue within this context....

Back to Giallo A Venezia methinks......
Dalton was a harder edged Bond back in 1989, (26 years ago!!!)
Since then we've had Daniel Craig and bollock whipping!
Old 6th August 2015, 11:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Town that Dreaded Sundown. Texarkana in 1946 was a typical sleepy post-war American town, the kind of place where nothing ever happened... until a masked maniac began a sudden, inexplicable and brutal reign of murderous terror, making national headlines and sparking off one of the country's biggest ever manhunts. This chilling 70s thriller, based on one of America's most notorious murder cases, has a strong cult following and having finally gotten to see it, I can see why. Scary stuff that kept me gripped throughout. Very good indeed.
Old 7th August 2015, 11:15 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
The Town that Dreaded Sundown. Texarkana in 1946 was a typical sleepy post-war American town, the kind of place where nothing ever happened... until a masked maniac began a sudden, inexplicable and brutal reign of murderous terror, making national headlines and sparking off one of the country's biggest ever manhunts. This chilling 70s thriller, based on one of America's most notorious murder cases, has a strong cult following and having finally gotten to see it, I can see why. Scary stuff that kept me gripped throughout. Very good indeed.
The sequel/remake is really good too
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 7th August 2015, 11:20 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched Lethal Weapon 4 (Richard Donner, 1998)
Whilst twas nice to see FX again, the racism/homophobia began to grate, and Jet Li blatantly too fast for the cameras (the only reason i watched it in the first place). No more mainstream shit for me!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 7th August 2015, 07:21 PM
Cult Acolyte

Original double bill.....

THE SPIDER (EARTH VS THE SPIDER) 1958
THE BRAIN EATERS 1958

Hugely enjoyable double feature. Must have been great to see these originally at the drive in.
In THE BRAIN EATERS, parasites from under the earth attach themselves to the backs of the necks of victims, taking over their minds....
In EARTH VS THE SPIDER, a giant spider is discovered in a cave. After a posse of locals attack the creature, they leave it for dead on show in the town hall.Later, the spider moves again.........

Recommended fun for fans of low budget 50's sci fi horror.
Old 7th August 2015, 10:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik View Post
The sequel/remake is really good too
I've heard a lot of people talking about it and picking it up, so I'm glad to hear it's actually good I may have to watch it at some point, like iank I thought the original was great
Rik likes this.

Fuzzy's Sale/Trade Thread! - Blu, DVD, Boxsets (TV/Movie), Anime, Manga
Old 7th August 2015, 10:38 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Milano Rovente aka Gang War in Milan was a fun watch,Lenzi's first hard boiled police film (many more were to follow) and it slightly shows...still very entertaining.

Zombie Ass : Toilet of the Dead + F is for Fart (episode ABC's of Death)
It's obvious the director is into a certain fetish and has an AV background,still both are recommended late night viewing if you're ready for something lighthearted but slightly unusual and bizarre.

Like this? Share it using the links below!