Like Tree179651Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th August 2017, 11:08 AM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
I ended up selling this off as my wife was adamant that she would never ever watch it again. She didn't enjoy it very much. Nowadays I actually get some viewing time to myself on Sunday afternoons, whilst the missus is at work, so perhaps I should have kept it.

I've only seen it once (via a LoveFilm rental), but it made enough of an impact for me to put in my top ten list for this weeks subject of Foreign Language Horrors. I'm not sure I'd want to watch it again because that impact would be lost second time around
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the ****ing car!
Old 29th August 2017, 03:16 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Good film but I found it dragged on a bit and got a tadge boring and repetitive ..
One of my very favourite horrors of the last decade for me. Your description fit Switchblade Romance better for me.
Old 29th August 2017, 03:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

7.5/10

once again this movie proves that DC can get its so right with their animated movies and so wrong with most of there live action films. nice animation inline with the batman animated series, well acted exciting and very funny in places. 8.2/10

Also went to see Young Frankenstein at the theatre on Saturday which was very enjoyable, maybe not quite as good as film but it was a good night out and just as funny as the movie, for me the real highlight was that Mel Brooks was their.
Old 29th August 2017, 04:00 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post

7.5/10
What did you think of Logan Lucky? I only know one person who has seen it, and she wasn't particularly impressed, saying it was unnecessarily pedestrian and sluggishly paced.
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th August 2017, 04:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
What did you think of Logan Lucky? I only know one person who has seen it, and she wasn't particularly impressed, saying it was unnecessarily pedestrian and sluggishly paced.
i enjoyed it, but it wasn't as fast paced as i thought it would be, its not something i would buy or watch again but its worth one watch.
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th August 2017, 04:16 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
i enjoyed it, but it wasn't as fast paced as i thought it would be, its not something i would buy or watch again but its worth one watch.
That's disappointing, but also good to know. I have a chance to go to the cinema on Thursday and have the choice between Detroit and Logan Lucky – I've booked tickets to the former. If it's still showing next week, I'll go and see Soderbergh's film.
keirarts likes this.
Old 29th August 2017, 05:27 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Just rewatched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre courtesy of the UK's 40th anniversary blu-ray.

Is tough to know what to say about this film as it has been much discussed already. I will say that the film is said to have a rich vein of black humour but apart from the 'look what your brother did to the door' line and grandpa repeatedly dropping the hammer, I find it pretty grim and unrelenting.

Film has fabulous cinematography by Daniel Pearl. In particular, the shot where the camera moves underneath a garden swing to follow one of the girls from behind, is something really special.

I upgraded from the prior UK blu-ray and I have to say that it was well worth the upgrade. There is significantly more fine detail and very importantly, the colours are much richer.

A while back, I told my wife that I was content with my prior copy (as I felt that some film should look a little bit 'beaten up' but have since changed my mind). Film still looks a bit 'grindhouse' as it is inherently pretty darn grainy anyway.

Contraversially I watched the film in 6.1 via the 7.1 track. Thought that it sounded great, made for a great surround sound track experience. Sorry purists!

I thought that this latest release came with a new documentary but as has been pointed out to me, it doesn't. But pleasingly, all the special features now come on a second disc, allowing the disc one film more space to breath.

Final film score - 10/10. Stone cold classic. Great blu-ray too.
Old 29th August 2017, 08:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
Just rewatched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre courtesy of the UK's 40th anniversary blu-ray.

Is tough to know what to say about this film as it has been much discussed already. I will say that the film is said to have a rich vein of black humour but apart from the 'look what your brother did to the door' line and grandpa repeatedly dropping the hammer, I find it pretty grim and unrelenting.

Film has fabulous cinematography by Daniel Pearl. In particular, the shot where the camera moves underneath a garden swing to follow one of the girls from behind, is something really special.

I upgraded from the prior UK blu-ray and I have to say that it was well worth the upgrade. There is significantly more fine detail and very importantly, the colours are much richer.

A while back, I told my wife that I was content with my prior copy (as I felt that some film should look a little bit 'beaten up' but have since changed my mind). Film still looks a bit 'grindhouse' as it is inherently pretty darn grainy anyway.

Contraversially I watched the film in 6.1 via the 7.1 track. Thought that it sounded great, made for a great surround sound track experience. Sorry purists!

I thought that this latest release came with a new documentary but as has been pointed out to me, it doesn't. But pleasingly, all the special features now come on a second disc, allowing the disc one film more space to breath.

Final film score - 10/10. Stone cold classic. Great blu-ray too.
Yes a utter classic film if there ever was one ....

Also to me a good piece of film making is a film that can be controversial when in reality there isn't much violence or gore in the film ...
Old 29th August 2017, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Samantha wanted to watch Final destinations because she never seen them .

Been a while since seen them but got to admit they are great films .
Justin101 and keirarts like this.
Old 29th August 2017, 09:44 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Samantha wanted to watch Final destinations because she never seen them .

Been a while since seen them but got to admit they are great films .
It's been a while since I saw them, but I've always found them to be really enjoyable and the 'mystery' element of trying to work out how people die before you see it happen is one of the most entertaining aspects.
Justin101 and keirarts like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!