Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > General Film Discussions
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179902Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th August 2018, 08:25 PM
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

The second Maze Runner film is pretty good too, I've not seen the third one yet, I'm waiting it for to be cheaper
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 14th August 2018, 08:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
The second Maze Runner film is pretty good too, I've not seen the third one yet, I'm waiting it for to be cheaper
Going to get the rest at some point. Also the main lead is the double of my ex

So probably another reason why I bought it.
Justin101, keirarts and bleakshaun like this.
Old 14th August 2018, 08:31 PM
Cult Veteran

Dylan O'Brien? lucky you
keirarts and trebor8273 like this.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 15th August 2018, 11:49 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Sudden impact.

Harry Callahan (Clint Eastwood) is back again and making his superiors angry after a personal run in with the mafia that leads to an increasing body count.
Finally they ship him off to a small town called San paolo with a low key assignment to keep him out of trouble. But were Harry goes trouble always follows and ends up stuck in a major murder investigation involving a vigilante killer.

this one is quite different to a lot of the previous Dirty harrys as it has a much darker plot in like a Death wish, I spit on your grave type of way. Clint looks a lot older in this one compared to the previous movies, but he's lost none of his charm, and still finds time for his cool one liners, like the well known classic, go ahead make my day, and during a hold up at a cofee shop when he says, we can't just let you walk out of here. and one of the punks asks, what do you mean ,we, sucker? i don't see but one of you. Dirty Harry responds, Smith and Wesson and me. and then pulls out his gun and wastes the scum bags.

and he even has a different type of partner in this one, a bull dog called Meathead who is constantly annoying him by pissing and farting everywere.

once again his muse Sondra locke is the female lead in the film, which was quite common around that time. and the co-stars who play the bad guys in the film are particulary horrible, especially the butch foul mouthed woman who you look forward to see being blown away.

a good film which i liked very much, and with a great finale at a fun fair. 92.8 out of 100.

Old 15th August 2018, 12:45 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

La Mansión de la niebla (1972)

Italian / Spanish interpretation on the classic old dark house thriller, in which a disparate group of people wind up at an old mansion one dark night. Part giallo and part supernatural horror, this ensemble piece starring Ida Galli and Anal?*a Gadé is a terrifically atmospheric take on a well worn Gothic formula.

Lacking the usual tropes of bloody violence and nudity so familiar in Italian and Spanish horror at the time, La Mansión de la niebla (translated as The Mansion in the fog aka Murder Mansion) really does hark back to classic Corman Gothic thrillers and of course James Whale's The Old Dark House (1932) with some eerie graveyard sequences not to mention all round ghostliness.

Does anyone know of a good print of this film because my dvd is quite poor in places?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maniac-mansion-movie-poster-1972-1020434693.jpg (94.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 15th August 2018, 01:11 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Yes I went into Maze runner as well not expecting much and walk away thinking it was ok , And agree it's better than expectation I've seen both yet still to see third one , saw them last year so might watch them all in one day instead of just watching last one when it was a while ago I watched first two .
Justin101, keirarts and trebor8273 like this.
Old 15th August 2018, 05:00 PM
Cult Addict

Wish Upon
An unpopular girl is given a box by her father, she wishes with it but people die as a consequence.
This is schlock of the highest order. Everything about it is awful. It ain't no horror movie (if it is then it's awful); it's a comedy. One to watch with friends.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 15th August 2018, 06:32 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Lovely But Deadly.
To all intense purposes an American Big Zapper . Highkicking, High School and Heroin. And the theme song .

Repo Jake (1990)
A man comes to town. What happens next is ... not that exciting if quite insane in places

Both are wildly recommended!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th August 2018, 07:24 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Mission: Killfast (1991, Ted V Mikels)

Doesn't that make you want to watch it????
Ahem. The usual sleaze and stilted delivery? Check! The abundance of polyester in the costumes? Check! Recommended!!

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 15th August 2018, 07:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

bonkers based on the faust tale based of a graphic novel, a man becomes some sort of demon superhero who takes on the demon that made and betrayed him and other evil doers. OTT with lots of tits , ass and gore on display watch as a woman gives birth to huge snake and gasp as Jeffery Combs swallows it whole. 7/10

Now watching Batman Ninja

Last edited by trebor8273; 15th August 2018 at 08:46 PM.

Like this? Share it using the links below!