All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179788Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd January 2020, 07:59 PM
Cult Don
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

My favourite version of the oft filmed tale.

Second only to Witchfinder General and Theatre of Blood on Prices' CV.

Teddy, I'm a Scotch drinker - you know that. I just have the occasional brandy when I'm not drinking.
Old 22nd January 2020, 08:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nemesis 2: Nebula. 1995.

73 years have passed and the humans lost the cyborg wars, when the humans are enslaved, a woman takes her young daughter Alex in a escape pod back to 1980. After 20 years, Alex is now hunted by the government and a robot Nebula is hunting her down for her DNA.

Holy Sh@t, what da f@ck was this? this seemed to have no ties to the original film, was the film makers trying to improve it from the first with a muscle bound female (no objections here). The plot must have sounded good in someone's head, there are some action sequences, cheesy 90s film all the way.
Old 22nd January 2020, 09:14 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs View Post
My favourite version of the oft filmed tale.

Second only to Witchfinder General and Theatre of Blood on Prices' CV.
Yep, i'm with you there I am legend is a great little book and that is my favourite version by a long mile.

MIKE: I've got it! Peter Cushing! We've got to drive a stake through his heart!
VYVYAN: Great! I'll get the car!
NEIL: I'll get a cushion.
Old 23rd January 2020, 10:33 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nemesis 3: Time Lapse. 1996.

Alex is fighting the cyborgs this time in 1998, unaware she has more sister's in 2077 who went her to come home and escape the hunter Farnsworth 2.

Filmed back to back with Nemesis 2, Sue Price returns as Alex who has a different strain of DNA that can save humanity but the cyborgs want for their plan. Tim Thomerson returns as the new cyborg model Farnsworth 2, which is a bit of a rip off from Alien 3 model Bishop II. The plot is a little bit better aswell as some of the acting and more muscle bound women.
Old 23rd January 2020, 01:02 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Nemesis 4: Death Angel 1996.

The war between humans and cyborgs escalated, Alex now a assassin is given a target and fails, now the corporation has now issued a bounty for Alex.

This was a bit different but not much better except Sue Price is a bit more in the nude and things popping out her nipples, this could be a stand alone film from the other previous films. This did have a lower running time which seemed to make the film last longer and the effects were a bit laughable, watch at your own risk of boredom.
Old 23rd January 2020, 02:20 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Lemmy (2010)

A two hour doc about the legendary Lemmy from Motorhead.

Includes interviews with Billy Bob Thornton and a host of rock royalty from Slash and Duff to Peter Hook and Jarvis Cocker with a barrel full of Metallica's in between.

What was surprising was there was no contribution from Biff from Saxon. Perhaps the doc makers should have got off their LA arses and taken a trip to Barnsley.

49% Mother****er, 51% Son of a Bitch

Anne of the Thousand Days (1969)

A historical drama about Henry VIII's short but pivotal relationship with Anne Boleyn.

Although both Richard Burton as Henry and especially Geneviève Bujold as Anne are both very good i found the first hour so talky and lacking drama that it became slightly tedious even if some of the chatter was on the risque side.

However the following hour and a half upped the drama dramatically and the film improved no end as Anne proved to be not just a scheming home wrecker but also brought about the end of the Catholic Church's absolute power over England to boot.

With a fine supporting cast and great production values throughout, i find films like this good to watch every so often.
Old 23rd January 2020, 04:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

F/X. 1986.

A movie special effects creator Rollie is hired by the justice department to create a assassination attempt on a witness. When things don't go well, Rollie becomes a target and goes on the run using his work to get some answers.

Decent 80s action thriller with a blend of comedy, Bryan Brown plays the fall guy Rollie who gets the blame for the mess up by Cliff De Young who thinks that Mobster Jerry Orbach. would be safe if people think he is dead. Brian Dennehy turns up halfway through the film and seems to move from place to place but his acting skills are not put to waste. There is some good suspense moments and few twists and turns, even though some of the effects are old, back then they were high class.
Old 23rd January 2020, 04:20 PM
Cult Acolyte

14708_3_large.jpg
THEY CALL ME TRINITY (1970)

Excellent Italian western comedy in which brothers Trinity and Bambino help a Mormon settlement from a land grabbing Major and a group of bandits.
Plenty of gun play, fast moves, fights and a huge brawl make this a very enjoyable fun time.
Old 23rd January 2020, 06:52 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

F/X 2: The Deadly Art of Illusion. 1991.

Rollie Tyler now living as a toy maker is approached by his girlfriend's ex husband Mike who is a cop, to set up a sting operation. When it goes wrong Rollie teams up with Leo, ex policeman now P.I. to find who had MIke killed.

Decent sequel to the film with a bit more comedy and some fast paced action and suspense. Bryan Brown and Brian Dennehy team up for the police corruption with New York's police. Still with the effects from the 80s that are a bit outdated (but were better than the CGI)they are still fun to watch and laugh especially with Rollie's new toy, a remote controlled clown that pops up.
Old 24th January 2020, 08:48 PM
Cult Acolyte

Mission Impossible: Fallout. The MIF team are forced to break the international terrorist leader they captured in the previous film out of jail to try and track down stolen plutonium being used to make nuclear weapons for a terrorist attack - and Ethan Hunt soon finds the case getting all too personal in more ways than one. The most recent MI film got rave reviews, but left me a little cold at the cinema, but I suspected I may not have entirely been in the mood, and a second viewing confirms this. I still prefer Rogue Nation (I just think the overall plot is more interesting) but I did thoroughly enjoy it this time, even if it is a bit long. The last act in particular (which is like 50 minutes or so) is spectacularly thrilling.

Like this? Share it using the links below!