All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179663Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2010, 07:24 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
Alice Sweet Alice

I have absolutely no idea why the film is an 18 in this country.
Appears to be due to the frenzied multiple stabbings eg the staircase murder, shot with explicit bloody close ups and the murder of Mr. Alphonso, the 2nd stab was held for several seconds.

It would help though if the BBFC could supply extended consumer advice for all their decisions then we would always know for sure.
Old 8th March 2010, 09:30 PM
Active Cultist

Cold Prey II
Old 8th March 2010, 09:31 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by re.form View Post
Cold Prey II
I thought that was great fun. And the lead women were bewitchingly attractive!
Old 8th March 2010, 10:15 PM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via MSN to nekromantik

rewatched Last House On The Left remake.

Thought its a great remake and enjoyed it much more then the original. My only gripe with it is that the girl lives and the end with them taking Justin with them. The Original was quite brutal dispite its flaws and had a very hard to watch rape and violence to the girls. So when the parents find out they got even more reason to go all crazy and kill Krug and co.
In the ramake Mari lives and they find her alive and find out she was raped so get angry at them, kill them and then go off together so I kinda feel like its a cop out ending. The original did not have a happy ending so to speak and you was left feeling dirty. While the remake is much better on all other aspects, its missing the brutal edge and ending of the original.

My DVD Collection
Tumblr
Old 9th March 2010, 01:00 AM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

The Perfume Of The Lady In Black/Il profumo della signora in nero

An astonishing piece of Baroque mystery film-making from 1974. This remarkable experience starts off a little slowly, but soon enough catches its rhythm and then...wow. The film looks amazing with slashes of vivid colour everywhere and mirrors confusing what we see. Even the odd-looking, robotic mannikin Mimsy Farmer is well cast here and this is probably the most perfect rôle for her there was - her distant, other-worldly air works in her favour in this part.

Francesco Barilli's film is up to its neck in debt to Polanski (though it is interesting to note that this film actually pre-dates The Tenant) but the style and visual flair are extremely Italian which helps give the work some of its own identity and reduces any feeling that one is watching a rip-off.

The story keeps you wondering and guessing and ends up with one of the most bravura left turns into unexpectedly full blown Gothic that I have ever seen in any film. It shouldn't work, but it does and it works well.

This is a superb film, and absolute blinder of a picture and it would be lovely to see a UK release...ahem...
Old 9th March 2010, 07:11 AM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojirosan View Post
The Perfume Of The Lady In Black/Il profumo della signora in nero

An astonishing piece of Baroque mystery film-making from 1974. This remarkable experience starts off a little slowly, but soon enough catches its rhythm and then...wow. The film looks amazing with slashes of vivid colour everywhere and mirrors confusing what we see. Even the odd-looking, robotic mannikin Mimsy Farmer is well cast here and this is probably the most perfect rôle for her there was - her distant, other-worldly air works in her favour in this part.

Francesco Barilli's film is up to its neck in debt to Polanski (though it is interesting to note that this film actually pre-dates The Tenant) but the style and visual flair are extremely Italian which helps give the work some of its own identity and reduces any feeling that one is watching a rip-off.

The story keeps you wondering and guessing and ends up with one of the most bravura left turns into unexpectedly full blown Gothic that I have ever seen in any film. It shouldn't work, but it does and it works well.

This is a superb film, and absolute blinder of a picture and it would be lovely to see a UK release...ahem...
I watched this not that long ago too Goj - awesome movie, and a great performance by Farmer too (compared to a terrible one in Autopsy)
Old 9th March 2010, 11:59 AM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

A Shot In The Dark

For me the best of all the Pink Panther films. Herbert Lom is 93 this year and still going strong.

François, would you please call for a doctor?
Are you ill?
I seem to have stabbed myself with the letter opener.

Old 9th March 2010, 12:17 PM
Ex-member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Appears to be due to the frenzied multiple stabbings eg the staircase murder, shot with explicit bloody close ups and the murder of Mr. Alphonso, the 2nd stab was held for several seconds.

It would help though if the BBFC could supply extended consumer advice for all their decisions then we would always know for sure.

I always though the murder in the warehouse was damn strong stuff for the time at least.
Old 9th March 2010, 12:20 PM
Cult Addict
Senior Moderator Alumni

Me too. I first saw it on the cinema as an 80's reissue along with a dire kidnap film called Abduction (which I've never seen since).
Old 9th March 2010, 12:28 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincenzo View Post
a dire kidnap film called Abduction (which I've never seen since).
The Joseph Zito one? I have always been intrigued by that but never come across it...sounds like I've been lucky!

Like this? Share it using the links below!