All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree179661Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th April 2023, 08:07 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
Security. 2017.

Former military captain takes on a job as a night security officer at a shopping mall, when a 12 year old girl appears and says people are after her, the staff make a stand to protect her.

This was a low grade B movie that went straight to dvd and it must have been a blow for Antonio Banderas and Sir Ben Kinsley as this was actually decent. You got Banderas as the ex military, a guard who has turned up for their shift hung over, one who is in the job for the excitement, one who is in the job till a better paying job and a stuck up guard who thinks he is "the boss"...sounds like people I have worked with.

Ben Kingsley has always been a great actor to watch and leads a team to track down a girl who is due to testify and they want her out the way from their employer. The night shift staff do think on their feet on what can be used as a make shift arsenal even though it might seem a bit far fetched but what they use can be done. Another entertaining flick.

Attachment 245797
I really like Security, one of a few decent dtv Antonio Banderas movies. There's one he did with Karl Urban is quite cool as well, can't think what it's called.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
nicholasrope and MrBarlow like this.
Old 17th April 2023, 08:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
I really like Security, one of a few decent dtv Antonio Banderas movies. There's one he did with Karl Urban is quite cool as well, can't think what it's called.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Act of Vengeance, watched that few weeks ago that was enjoyable flick.
J Harker and nicholasrope like this.
Old 17th April 2023, 09:06 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Security. 2017.

Former military captain takes on a job as a night security officer at a shopping mall, when a 12 year old girl appears and says people are after her, the staff make a stand to protect her.

This was a low grade B movie that went straight to dvd and it must have been a blow for Antonio Banderas and Sir Ben Kinsley as this was actually decent. You got Banderas as the ex military, a guard who has turned up for their shift hung over, one who is in the job for the excitement, one who is in the job till a better paying job and a stuck up guard who thinks he is "the boss"...sounds like people I have worked with.

Ben Kingsley has always been a great actor to watch and leads a team to track down a girl who is due to testify and they want her out the way from their employer. The night shift staff do think on their feet on what can be used as a make shift arsenal even though it might seem a bit far fetched but what they use can be done. Another entertaining flick.

Attachment 245797
Got this on dvd.

I watch it under it's alternate title of Mr. Barlow The Movie.
Old 17th April 2023, 09:36 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Got this on dvd.

I watch it under it's alternate title of Mr. Barlow The Movie.
Old 17th April 2023, 10:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Copshop. 2021.

Two men, one who punches a cop is arrested, the other drives a car into a state troopers car while drunk is arrested. Both men are in the same police station where they want to be for different reasons.

Frank Grillo is the no so talkative cop puncher, Gerard Butler as the drunk driver who is sharing a cell with another drunk who doesn't speak so many words and Alexis Louder as the young rookie cop who manages to hold her ground. This started off well then kinda goes a bit south with the dialogue then paces up again when Toby Huss turns up as a assassin. There is some good funny moments blended in and the director using blue filter for outdoor night time shots that doesn't really work well. Decent enough to see Gerard being a wise ass.

MV5BMTZjZWYzYjMtMmNlYi00MTdkLWI4OTMtMmVhM2QzZjZiZTZiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjY1MTg4Mzc@._V1_.jpg
Old 17th April 2023, 10:18 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Copshop. 2021.

Two men, one who punches a cop is arrested, the other drives a car into a state troopers car while drunk is arrested. Both men are in the same police station where they want to be for different reasons.

Frank Grillo is the no so talkative cop puncher, Gerard Butler as the drunk driver who is sharing a cell with another drunk who doesn't speak so many words and Alexis Louder as the young rookie cop who manages to hold her ground. This started off well then kinda goes a bit south with the dialogue then paces up again when Toby Huss turns up as a assassin. There is some good funny moments blended in and the director using blue filter for outdoor night time shots that doesn't really work well. Decent enough to see Gerard being a wise ass.

Attachment 245801
Seen this a couple of times now. Had to get this on dvd as there's no UK Blu.
Old 17th April 2023, 10:21 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Seen this a couple of times now. Had to get this on dvd as there's no UK Blu.
I saw a movie recap of it on YouTube, it looked good and ended up streaming it online
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 17th April 2023, 10:28 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I saw a movie recap of it on YouTube, it looked good and ended up streaming it online
I got it two for £10 at Asda along with Jungle Cruise.

At least i enjoyed one of the films because Jungle Cruise sucked.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 17th April 2023, 10:33 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
I got it two for £10 at Asda along with Jungle Cruise.

At least i enjoyed one of the films because Jungle Cruise sucked.
I saw the trailer for it and quickly scratched it off my watch list
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 17th April 2023, 10:37 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I saw the trailer for it and quickly scratched it off my watch list
It was like they saw The African Queen then decided half way through modern audiences wouldn't like it so thought they'd turn it into Pirates of the Caribbean Dead Man's Chest instead.

Like this? Share it using the links below!