Like Tree179825Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 15th August 2023, 08:54 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Harker View Post
Gents you are as usual correct. The way it's listed on Amazon the one appears to have marginally more extras but in reality it's only a reversible sleeve and poster.
Amazon being weird again with their deliveries. The films i bought last week arrived the day after ordering which is definitely odd with me not being a Prime member yet the ones ordered yesterday, including Cape Fear, i'm supposedly not getting until next bloomin' Wednesday.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 15th August 2023, 10:29 AM
Cult Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Amazon being weird again with their deliveries. The films i bought last week arrived the day after ordering which is definitely odd with me not being a Prime member yet the ones ordered yesterday, including Cape Fear, i'm supposedly not getting until next bloomin' Wednesday.
I'm always getting Emails after I get deliveries from Amazon apologizing for the delay with my delivery and this goes on for a few weeks after.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 15th August 2023, 11:31 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordicdusk View Post
I'm always getting Emails after I get deliveries from Amazon apologizing for the delay with my delivery and this goes on for a few weeks after.
Very bizarre!
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 15th August 2023, 11:50 AM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Silver Bullet (1985)

A wheelchair bound boy (Corey Haim) is convinced a werewolf is on a killing spree whilst the local towns people think it's a serial killer.

Based on Stephen King's graphic novel, this is a fun but slight film. There are some impressive bloody attacks but little in the way of suspense until the final few minutes.

So much of the first two thirds are based on childhood musings and the up and down relationship between Haim and his sister (Megan Follows) and at times thanks to the voice over from the sister as an adult it felt like i was watching a reworking of To Kill a Mocking Bird - I said that film had definitely influenced King, no more so than here with that voice over - but the pair are likable enough and it's never dull especially when slightly pissed and crazy uncle Gary Busey gives Haim an updated wheelchair that's basically a motorbike called the Silver Bullet.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg large_5of5S0byh5K3IhLD3zcYa2aknST.jpg (80.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 15th August 2023, 05:40 PM
Cult Master

Nobody-793040499-large.jpg

Hutch Mansell is a timid quite family man going through his boring routines every single day. When his house is burgled and he doesn't do anything just let the intruders go he feels ashamed of himself not protecting his family until he realises his daughters bracelet is missing and then he loses the plot and tracks down the intruders to get it back things don't go to plan and he gets involved in an alteration with some drunk Russians and now his past that he had gotten away from for so long rears its ugly head again.

Holy s**t this film is amazing it's filled with laughs action and crazy violence. I loved every second of it I have always been a fan of Bob Odenkirk and he really is in his element here. The main Russian bad guy when we see him first comes across like a bit of a fool doing this stupid cabaret routine on the stage in his club but once his nasty side comes out then his singing and dancing become that bit more disturbing. Christopher Lloyd is also fantastic bringing a bit of humour and a s**t load of violence along with him :lol

Watch this film as soon as you can such a good time and it's in Netflix.
Old 15th August 2023, 07:17 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

I've been recommended Nobody by several people. It's the one with the fight on the train isn't it? I'll have to pick up the Blu-ray.
Old 15th August 2023, 08:46 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Legion Of Iron

A Football Player and his Girlfriend are abducted and he is forced to fight in an underground (Literally) gladiatorial contests run by a woman (resembling someone from Deathstalker and Tina Turner from Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome) and she is a prize for the winners.

Ok, I was aware of this when it got released in 1990 but my Video Shop never had it and I was curious (Even looked for an Import from Amazon) but luckily someone put up the American Laserdisc on Youtube and I finally watched it. The reviews were basically correct, really dodgy acting with some real seedy nastiness but I was entertained.

Haunted Mansion (2023)

A Mother and her Son move into a Mansion which is haunted so she hires someone to get rid of the Ghosts. It's gotten a lot of attention due to it flopping however it isn't all that bad, there are some good moments.

Wild Thing

A Boy whose Parents were murdered is raised on the streets and when he's older, becomes a hero to the people when they are terrorized. Robert Knepper (Prison Break) and Robert Davi star.

I rented many EIV Films back in the day and this one Trailer (Among Others) that I saw repeatedly and I did mange to Rent it and remember enjoying it. Again I wouldn't mind a UK Blu-Ray release.

Gran Turismo

Film based on the True Story of Nissan launching a program where the best Gran Turismo players becoming real Racing Drivers. Orlando Bloom, David Harbour and Djimon Hounsou star in this very entertaining Movie. I get the feeling that they changed the story to make it more dramatic but I didn't mind. It's similar to Rush and it's worth watching, if you come across it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg loi.jpg (14.3 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg hm.jpg (8.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg wt.jpg (13.9 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg gt.jpg (11.9 KB, 3 views)
Old 15th August 2023, 08:50 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Firewalker. 1986.

Two adventurers team up with a female companion in seek of a hidden Aztec treasure.

I haven't made my mind up if this is to be taken as a serious film or a spoof of some kind...either way it certainly had its moments of laughter. Chuck Norris teams up with Louis Gossett Jr as two adventurers always on the run and seeking new things. Melody Anderson is the new female companion who holds the treasure map to big things. Aside from being a Cannon production this was actually decent and almost the same as the other Cannon film King Solomons Minds. Plenty of 80s wit and laughs from start to finish.

MV5BOGNjYjBhYmItMDI3Ni00MWM2LWE2ZDgtY2U5MGNjNDVmYTc1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg
Old 15th August 2023, 08:54 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Attachment 247489

Hutch Mansell is a timid quite family man going through his boring routines every single day. When his house is burgled and he doesn't do anything just let the intruders go he feels ashamed of himself not protecting his family until he realises his daughters bracelet is missing and then he loses the plot and tracks down the intruders to get it back things don't go to plan and he gets involved in an alteration with some drunk Russians and now his past that he had gotten away from for so long rears its ugly head again.

Holy s**t this film is amazing it's filled with laughs action and crazy violence. I loved every second of it I have always been a fan of Bob Odenkirk and he really is in his element here. The main Russian bad guy when we see him first comes across like a bit of a fool doing this stupid cabaret routine on the stage in his club but once his nasty side comes out then his singing and dancing become that bit more disturbing. Christopher Lloyd is also fantastic bringing a bit of humour and a s**t load of violence along with him :lol

I saw this a couple of week back, and enjoyed it way better than I thought I would. Deffo recommended.
Nordicdusk and nicholasrope like this.
Old 15th August 2023, 10:22 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Attachment 247489

Holy s**t this film is amazing it's filled with laughs action and crazy violence. I loved every second of it I have always been a fan of Bob Odenkirk and he really is in his element here. The main Russian bad guy when we see him first comes across like a bit of a fool doing this stupid cabaret routine on the stage in his club but once his nasty side comes out then his singing and dancing become that bit more disturbing. Christopher Lloyd is also fantastic bringing a bit of humour and a s**t load of violence along with him

Nice review Nord. I absolutely loved Nobody, excellent film. Odenkirk is absolutely brilliant.

Sent from my SM-G780G using Tapatalk
Nordicdusk and nicholasrope like this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!