Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   General Horror Chat (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=557)
-   -   October Horror Movie Marathon (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/general-horror-chat/12632-october-horror-movie-marathon.html)

Dave Boy 1st November 2020 06:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Attachment 229119 Attachment 229120

And that's it all over for another year. Two more movies than I originally thought I would. I had plans to watch Halloween II as well but had to forget it due to work this morning.
Too much going on here at home and work scuppered more viewings.

Well done all. :thumb:

Susan Foreman 1st November 2020 08:09 PM

Halloween...

I started with 'Cannibal Holocaust' (1980) in the afternoon. I don't know what possessed me, but instead of the full(ish) Shamless release, I chose to watch the butchered Vipco one. What an incoherent mess! One of the most powerful films ever made was reduced to a mindless jumble.

That was followed by the 'Alice Cooper Theatre Of Death' live DVD. Where other people have 'Trick or Treat' or 'Halloween', this is *MY* traditional October 31st watch. It is the perfect blend of music and theatre and for someone who is very familiar with the Alice back catalogue, the story that is presented is sublime - Yes, there is a story. It's not just a selection of songs being lumped together, a lot of thought went into the show with a glimpse into the twisted mind of a teenage sociopath in the milliseconds between the ringing of the school bell to signify the end of term

I finished up with Sam Raimi's classic debut feature. The Sony Blu-Ray of 'The Evil Dead' (1981) looks fantastic, and although I have seen the film dozens of times before, I was seeing things that I had never seen before. Mind you, the picture is so clear, it does tend to show up the short-comings in the prosthetic make-up effects. The film is still as sensationally scary and the gore is as unmatched as it was back in the day on VHS. A true horror classic

MrBarlow 1st November 2020 08:23 PM

Aww Susan please say you do have the uncut version of Cannibal holocaust instead of the butchered version.

MacBlayne 1st November 2020 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 639254)
Let's do a November of horrir if we can!

Nervous November?

Demdike@Cult Labs 1st November 2020 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostalgic (Post 639254)
Let's do a November of horrir if we can!

Yay!!! That means i can rewatch all the ones i fell asleep during that i haven't even mentioned on here.

nosferatu42 2nd November 2020 12:13 AM

What is this horrir??

Demoncrat 2nd November 2020 01:39 AM

A fear of mirrors??

:skull:

I'll get me cloak ....

bleakshaun 2nd November 2020 03:34 PM

I was planning to at least watch 6 films last week, but I ended in my bed due to overworking myself so never got any done. Better luck next year.
I'm ****ing done with this year

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Nostalgic 2nd November 2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 639340)
I was planning to at least watch 6 films last week, but I ended in my bed due to overworking myself so never got any done. Better luck next year.

Same. I'm struggling to relax & enjoy films. Work plus home are manic (schools back tomorrow so 7 weeks of homework to do with my son), the panic buying is through the roof & I can't wait for lockdown, hope it thins out the hoppers a bit.

November horror marathon sounds good, but I don't know how many I'll get through in all honesty, but I'll give it a go.

Watching C.H.U.D.
Nice & grimey 80's vhs gold!

See also: Maniac, Street Trash, It's Alive.

Demoncrat 2nd November 2020 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bleakshaun (Post 639340)

HUG