Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 7th October 2021, 01:19 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Nightmare on Elm St Part 5: The dream Child. 1989.

Alice and Dan graduating from High School and Alice is pregnant, Freddy has found a way to come back through her unborn baby.

Director Stephen Hopkins did try to bring the franchise back but exec heads gave him four weeks to film and four weeks to edit and here's what we have, a bit of a mess, like number 3 Amanda Krueger gives a bit of detail, here we see what happened which was a nice touch to the background of Freddy this just seemed a rush job but does have decent kills in it, give a guy a job and let him work the magic executives, not a quick job.

ADFG6AAADUA2UAIAAAAAAHIBDUA7777774AAAAAA5YBGCBAA.jpg
Old 7th October 2021, 02:27 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare. 1991.

With the children of Springwood dead, Freddy hunts for fresh meat, when a social worker has a John Doe land on her door step, she decides to go back with him and three others to the town and uncovers a connection she has to Freddy.

Always remember this got some hype when it arrived on cinema about the 3D experience then the tapes with the paper 3D glasses i'm sure we all remember that did very little at times. Even with Yaphet Kotto, Alice Cooper Roseanne Barr and Tom Arnold making a small cameo role it didn't help this one bit, for me this was more comical than anything. Yeah it had a good outline but failed miserably. I am not daft on New Nightmare but may give it a watch at some point.

91rJ+mInlAL._RI_.jpg

Im off to my take care all.
Old 7th October 2021, 04:28 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
A Nightmare On Elm St Par 4: The Dream Master. 1988.

After the events of the psychiatric hospital, Kristen, Joey and Kincaid are back to leading a normal life, Kristen still thinks Freddy is alive and still able to pull people into her dreams. Freddy comes back and Kristen pulls her friend ALice into her dreams, now Alice must face Freddy.

This seems to get a lot of flack for being the weakest yet it was the highest grossing film of the franchise maybe everyone was thinking it would top the previous film, think the makers may have failed on some part.

Tuesday Knight who played Kirsten and sang the main song replaces Patricia Arquette, they should have promised her more money or negotiated something to get her to come back. Rodney Eastman and Ken Sagose return as Joey and Kincaid but not for long. Lisa Wilcox makes her entry as Alice as a hit or a miss due to looking the the shy girl who changes of the course of the film to a bad ass. Robert Englund is always Freddy and seems to be quick with some jokes than can generate a grin or a smirk. Enjoyable enough,

Attachment 236719
This was the first nightmare I saw - didn't slept for a week

On topic:

Did anyone saw this? This was good, saw the trailer a couple of months ago and it look like another "spirit/ghost" movie, but that 3rd act is complete bonkers 100% recommend
Old 7th October 2021, 04:32 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graveyard View Post
This was the first nightmare I saw - didn't slept for a week

On topic:

Did anyone saw this? This was good, saw the trailer a couple of months ago and it look like another "spirit/ghost" movie, but that 3rd act is complete bonkers 100% recommend
Doesn't come until November in Japan. I'm looking forward to it.
Old 7th October 2021, 05:28 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Default October 6th

Interview with the Vampire (1994)

Two sequences always stand out for me above all the rest when watching the excellent Interview with the Vampire.

Probably the film's most striking sequence is the Theatre des Vampire show in Paris, where a coven of vampires carries out daily sacrificial rites in front of an audience. Director Neil Jordan stages this brilliantly and a feeling of dread overcomes the viewer as it doesn't take long to realize what exactly is going to happen. As Brad Pitt's Louis smiles to Claudia (the superb Kirsten Dunst), a vampire in the body of a child, 'Vampires pretending to be humans pretending to be vampires'. The way the coven swarm over the naked girl like rats, very creepy.

Also what a sublime final scene Neil Jordan gives the film. It's a perfect example of how to use a song - Guns N' Roses performing Symphony for the Devil - to close a movie. It's up there with The Devil's Rejects and Freebird for me with the beautiful free flowing camera movement out of the car as Tom Cruise's Lestat clicks play on the car stereo, with the camera fluidly circling around the Golden Gate Bridge and finally over the city as dawn breaks...

...Just one thing. Lestat had better drive fast. Sun and vampires don't really go. Claudia will attest to that.

A perfect way to end a near perfect movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg interview-with-the-vampire-blu-ray-movie-title.jpg (40.5 KB, 4 views)
Old 7th October 2021, 05:35 PM
Cult Veteran

I love the bit where Louis and Lestat discover that Claudia had been hiding a body in her bed. I also love the part when she tricks Lestat into drinking dead blood from the young boys.

Love this film!

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th October 2021, 05:41 PM
Cult King
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I love the bit where Louis and Lestat discover that Claudia had been hiding a body in her bed. I also love the party when she tricks Lestat into drinking dead blood from the young boys.

Love this film!
They basically tell her not to shit where she eats don't they.

That's pretty gruesome. The way she picks Lestat up then slices his throat. It's a fantastic effect.

The Blu-ray wasn't the greatest example i didn't think. Well lit scenes look terrific but other darker sequences appear quite soft at times. It could do with a 4K restoration.

The 5:1 TrueHD soundtrack was also quite subtle. Made me think it was probably originally a two channel stereo track when it originally was made.
Justin101 likes this.
Old 7th October 2021, 05:51 PM
Cult Veteran

It's screaming out for a remaster, a lot of those early releases which looked good 10-12 years ago don't look great by today's standards.

Triumphant sight on a northern sky

Old 7th October 2021, 06:03 PM
Cult Acolyte

hellraiser-uk-quad-e1599405830675.jpg
HELLRAISER (1987)

Great stuff. Some horrific images in this movie. The scene where Frank comes back from under the floor boards still looks awesome.

Repulsion-Vintage-Movie-Poster-Original-British-Quad-30x40_7cfc344d-eff6-4487-8eea-30f8169cdbe5.jpg
REPULSION (1965)

Good psychological horror. When her sister leaves her alone while she goes on holiday, Catherine Deneuve sinks deeper and deeper in to depression and has nightmarish visions including rape which lead to murder. Great final scene although nothing matches the first time you see it.

The_Invisible_Man_(1933_poster_-_Style_B).jpg
THE INVISIBLE MAN (1933)

Hugely enjoyable Universal horror. The first scene where Griffin enters the tavern are great, he looks rally creepy. The effects are superb for the time and the movie rattles along with a mixture of sci-fi horror amd humourous moments.

premature_burial_UKquad.jpg
THE PREMATURE BURIAL (1966)

Atmospheric movie in Roger Corman's 'Poe' cycle of films.
Now, if only I could get the gravediggers whistling tune out of my head!
Mojo, Justin101, MacBlayne and 9 others like this.
Old 7th October 2021, 06:36 PM
Cult Don
Good Trader
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Interview with the Vampire (1994)

Also what a sublime final scene Neil Jordan gives the film. It's a perfect example of how to use a song - Guns N' Roses performing Symphony for the Devil - to close a movie. It's up there with The Devil's Rejects and Freebird for me with the beautiful free flowing camera movement out of the car as Tom Cruise's Lestat clicks play on the car stereo, with the camera fluidly circling around the Golden Gate Bridge and finally over the city as dawn breaks...
When I first saw this (on video when I was 15), I thought Sympathy for the Devil was a new song by Guns N' Roses, written specifically for the film. It was only when I mentioned it to my dad and he said something like "Ooh ooh… ooh ooh" that I wondered why he knew it – he then said it was a Rolling Stones song.

As you said, it's a great way to end the film, one that is long overdue a rewatch.

Like this? Share it using the links below!