All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th October 2022, 11:13 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
If Edge of the Axe and Deadly Manor are your kind of thing then yes it's one that has to be seen to be believed. Quite literally makes no sense but who cares
Probably be better than half the shit I have watched :
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 28th October 2022, 11:54 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBarlow View Post
The front cover does kind of give it away and if you haven't seen the film Curtains well where has your head been?
Yeah but the spoiler was saying it was like the film Curtains. Without that i'd never know
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 28th October 2022, 11:59 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Yeah but the spoiler was saying it was like the film Curtains. Without that i'd never know
My bad I'll warm up the cauldron myself
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 29th October 2022, 12:08 AM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
I watched Larraz tonight as well, if you thought Deadly Manor was weird, wait until you see Rest In Pieces Jack Taylor as a very unconvincing blind man haha...
Jack Taylor (and his hair) is a god among actors.
Old 29th October 2022, 12:35 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Polaroid. 2019.

A high schooler is given antique camera, when she starts taking pictures of her friends they begin to die, and tries to uncover they mystery of the camera and who owned it.

Something along the lines of The Ring where a ghost will come for you but not in seven days and Final Destination where you try and cheat death but the form of a angry entity comes and kills you instead of The Grim Reaper. The plot really shouldn't work but it actually does, the acting is solid in this and every one takes the film seriously and a nice little added twist. Best watched in the dark and there is some flashing lights, be advised for those who have photosensitive epilepsy.

polaroid-2019-horror-review.jpg

Off to watch Silver Bullet then head to my take it easy all
Old 29th October 2022, 08:00 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

ELVES – Look, I know it’s almost Halloween, I just got the sudden urge for something a bit Chrismassy. I’m not that season-specific, truth be told – winter, summer, sun, snow, if there’s horror inside, I’m already potentially at least halfway through the door. ‘Elves’ is a masterpiece of shite. It’s probably too knowing to be true shite, in fact it’s consistently and cleverly amusing. If that means it’s arch, it’s never overbearing. If it ever gets too clever, you only have to stare into that awful, awful rubber gargoyley ‘elf’ face to know the truth. It’s the kind of film where mum is a cat killer, where druggie Santa might grope you if you don’t accidentally piss on him first, where the most convenient way of taking the plot forward is to throw in a bit of casual incest. Oh, and where a nazi-engineered elf has to impregnate a virgin to replenish the master race. We find that out after an after-hours department store shoot-out which involves a really crap, down market Kurt Russell lookalike – or maybe he’s just a guy with flowing locks and an imposing beard, but who isn’t Santa (although confusingly he is, hired by aforementioned department store to replace equally aforementioned coke addled gropist). I haven’t done a very good job of conveying what ‘Elves’ is about, but it is better experienced than explained. Its eighties trash values are solid. It might not be a riot of leg warmers, but someone unselfconsciously wears a leotard at one point. It reminded me a little of John Waters in his ’lite’ phase, but its horizons are strictly in keeping with the VHS horror shelf, specifically that bit reserved for sorry looking ‘Gremlins’ or ‘Ghoulies’ rip-offs. Wholeheartedly recommended whatever the weather. And just a word of warning. It might be Halloween alright, but don’t get too cosy. Look at what’s happening in the centres of our towns, our cities. If the lightbulb Rudolfs haven’t gone up already, they’ll be coming soon. This film is a reminder of what’s around the corner.
Old 29th October 2022, 02:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Silver Bullet. 1985.

Stephen King's take on the werewolf movies and manages to make it entertaining with some good acting from Gary Busey as the uncle, Corey Haim as the young paraplegic who thinks the killings are done by a werewolf and Terry O'Quinn as the small town Sheriff. Everett McGill as the town minister who hides a double side to himself and can portray a menacing presence when it's revealed who he really is and does have good tense moments.

61BIH6xaqCL._AC_SY550_.jpg

Up next The Vatican Tapes
Old 29th October 2022, 06:10 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Vatican Tapes. 2015.

A priest and two Vatican exorcists battle it out with a ancient demon and try to save the soul and life of a young woman.

This is the second time seeing this film and it is better the second time viewing it, it focuses more on possession rather than exorcism, don't expect anyone to be floating about, turning their head etc. Olivia Taylor Dudley plays the young woman who is the target that the Vatican call the Anti-Christ. At the start of the film there is a priest on television who believes that the Anti-Christ will walk the earth as it is mentioned in the book of revelations.

Dougray Scott plays her strict RAF commander father and never really believes anything until he sees what is happening. Michael Pena plays the family priest who tries to help and knows he may be in a loosing battle. Djimon Hounsou plays the archive collector, even though he is in a small role he does bring his character to the screen very strongly. I'm not sure if this is underrated but certainly worth a watch.

the-vatican-tapes.jpg

Up next The Brotherhood Of Satan.
Old 29th October 2022, 06:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The film opens with a group of nuns being crucified. We jump too modern times where a archeology dig is taking place , soon the bodies of the nuns are unearthed and things get weird , we find out the nuns were killed for murder and orgies but these where orgies with men ! What type of nuns are these?

While not Fulci best it's still has some great gore, a farther being ripped in half in front of his son was a highlight.

Always enjoyed this ,it comes of as a homage to 50s b sci fi movies.

Years after a brutal slaying a couple of dorks wanting to get into a frat house unwittingly an alien lifeform that look big black slugs that have super speed and when they enter the bodies of someone they become a psychotic zombie .

I've never seen so many heads being destroyed in some way in one film!

Now watching

Followed by

Old 29th October 2022, 07:53 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Brotherhood Of Satan. 1971.

A family become stranded in a small town where the senior citizen offer the children to Satan for worshiping.

The 70s must have had something going when films of Satan were all the rage, this isn't a over the top big budget movie, the film does start out promising then fizzles out a bit then goes back on track to be a bit more entertaining. The acting has it's moments of being good and bad at times but certainly carries the atmosphere from when we see the town to the end of the film.

The Brotherhood of Satan - Cover.jpg

Up next The Unholy

Like this? Share it using the links below!