Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Film Discussions > Horror > General Horror Chat
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree26818Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17th October 2021, 06:51 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

No plot what so ever, basically a plane lands at an airport and a bunch of radioactive mutants that have a taste for blood and can only be killed by destroying the brain , go on a mass killing spree and that's about it as we follow a reporter and his wife trying to escape and at the end it turns into groundhog day.

The kills many and bloody and the mutants look like someone who has dipped there face in a bucket of shit. But I do find it enjoyable .

A young boy invents a imaginary but when his friend tells him too poison his mother and nearly kills her , he vanishes the friend too his subconscious.

Years later the friend returns and the man begins to lose his mind and doing unspeakable things, but as the movie goes on we begin to wonder is he mentally unstable or is Daniel actually real and something truly evil with a plan.

a lot better than I was expecting with good body horror parts and acting from the two leads. Part horror and part a study of mental illness. Daniel is played by Patrick Schwarzenegger son of Arnold who i.didn't even know had a son until this film.

Now watching.

Old 17th October 2021, 09:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

STIGLITZ!!!

Ahem.

EverymanHYBRID

Web series.
Yes yes, I will eventually watch Zoombies
A trio of friends decide to start a "health tips" YT channel. To go from this innocent beginning to the transdimensional mayhem of the ending ... it's some ride. A lot of these things can fall flat after drrrrrrrrrrragging things out (Marble Hornets cough), but this one kept me guessing. A trickster demon named Habit invades more than their personal space in order to play "his game". He plays for keeps ahem. No sappy Hypocritewood washouts here folks.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 17th October 2021, 09:26 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Reggie sets out too find Mike who is going after the end things once and for all and finds out how the Tall man came too be, the tall man wants Mike who is developing powers like his and wants too make him like himself.

My thoughts are that the sphere has always been in Mike and the tall man is frightened that he could become more powerful than he. We have a lot of flashbacks that must of been cut from the first.

Another film with no plot that's still a lot of fun with some fantastic gore and deaths. The scene of the demons with there eyes glowing coming up the stairs after the gang is brillant. a great 80s gorefest!
Mojo, Justin101, MacBlayne and 7 others like this.
Old 17th October 2021, 09:38 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Alligator. 1980.

A baby Alligator is flushed to the sewers and feeds on rats that were injected with growth hormones and soon the Alligator grows and escapes to the street.

Robert Forster plays the detective who everyone seems to think he is crazy and trying to prove people wrong, Henry Silva plays the gator expert trying to charm a newscaster with the sounds of a gators call...what is there to hate, apart from Dean Jagger escaping and leaving everyone to be on the menu. This wasn't too bad, a Jaws rip off on land, it entertained me even though the effects are a bit of a laugh.

Alligator_poster.jpg
Old 17th October 2021, 10:25 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Despite the odd fun bit of bloodshed, Halloween Kills is mostly tired, tedious and an insult to everything John Carpenter got right first time round.
Ian Freer, Empire Magazine.
Old 17th October 2021, 11:32 PM
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Ian Freer, Empire Magazine.
Plus a crime against fashion

Wearing an xmas jumper out of season EWWWWWWWW

Old 17th October 2021, 11:39 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

And Now The Screaming Starts. 1973.

A young woman marries into a wealthy family and moves into the family home and believes she is being haunted by her new groom's ancestor.

One of the eerie films from Amicus that even I just about shit myself at when I first watched this, Stephanie Beacham and Ian Ogilvy star as the happy couple now hoping to live in the family home then sees a portrait of Henry Fengriffen and that's when things go pair shaped. We do see in a flash back how Henry played by Herbert Lom was a right B@stard. Peter Cushing also stars as the doctor who only appears in the last half hour and does a brilliant job.

MV5BMjEwNzMxOTc5NF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTQyNDQzMQ@@._V1_.jpg
Mojo, Justin101, MacBlayne and 6 others like this.
Old 18th October 2021, 01:39 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Stagefright. 1987.

An escaped psychopath finds his way to a theatre and a group of actors rehearsing for a show become his intended victims.

After a slow character build up which makes us care about the stage actors this film goes to non stop terror, Michele Soavi is able to build up quite a lot of suspense and claustrophobia being in a small place and nowhere to run to or hide without being found. This is one those films for me that gets better and better with every viewing.

Stage-Fright-Pic-1.jpg
Old 18th October 2021, 03:54 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Church. 1989.

A old cathedral built over a mass grave and evil is released trapping those inside.

All hell breaking out in a church...who knew that would be possible well Dario thought it be possible and Michele Soavi made it happen will great results, listed as another Demons movie, think this was number 4...I could be wrong and purely the demons are the demonic spirits and not the snarling ones. This has it all, back story to why the church was built, a priest trying to save everyone, a bickering old couple and plenty of deaths and a nice background score. Has Giovanni Lombardo Ridice ever made it through a horror movie without being shot or killed? Still a great movie though.

MV5BODcwMTI4NjMzNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwODYwOTk5._V1_.jpg

Have a good Monday all, be good
Mojo, Justin101, MacBlayne and 6 others like this.
Old 18th October 2021, 08:39 AM
Cult Addict

Halloween Kills

EVIL DIES TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!

Based on what a couple of folk said here I went to see this yesterday with very low expectations of it being good. I found the funniest film of the year. A terrible Halloween film. Some really good set pieces and great kills. But it is really bad, I still had fun though.

Like this? Share it using the links below!